Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Gamesnash.ie Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

About Gamesnash

27.05.2009 16:00 #1
Verified representative
You will more than likely have seen us around the games forums over the past couple of years but for those who don't and are wondering who the hell are these guys who just appeared in the commercial interaction forum the following taken from our own site should help ... :)

Gamesnash was launched in October 2007 and we have grown steadily ever since. We were and still are gamers ourselves. We saw a gap in the Irish gaming market for an Irish owned and operated business.

What we saw was that there was a huge difference between the prices of high street stores and the larger internet retailers. Gamers had a choice, either to pay the higher price in a shop and have the game there and then or to pay a much lower price on the internet but wait up to two weeks for delivery. Gamesnash has positioned itself as an online retailer shipping from Ireland so that we offer a cheaper price than the bricks and mortar stores but our customers can expect a much shorter delivery time. This can be as short as one working day. More importantly with pre orders in particular because we ship from Ireland BEFORE release day our customers are likely to receive their pre ordered games on the morning of release – no midnight queues and a healthy saving too.

We were originally dismissed by the Irish gaming industry as having no chance to survive but we are still here and still growing! We have grown our reputation as an excellent customer service provider whilst introducing Europe’s first online trade in facility where gamers can trade in their games like they would in a bricks and mortar store. We allow gamers to trade in their games and get credit to use against online prices making us number one for overall trade in value !

We are regularly asked why we do not drop our prices to match some of the larger sites. The truth is that in a lot of cases we can’t match their prices ( we do get very close though! ) as the majority of these sites have based themselves in the Channel Islands from where they sell their goods without VAT. All our prices include where relevant VAT at 21.5%. It is possible that customers ordering goods from these retailers will have to pay customs charges etc. If you were to add the 21.5% vat rate onto the prices you see on our competitors sites you will find we are actually cheaper than them !

We are also asked why do you not base yourself in Jersey etc and provide VAT free prices yourselves. The simple answer to this is that we are quite proud to be Irish, we are proud to be based in and shipping from Ireland and the majority of our business is based on offering the best and fastest service to Irish customers. If we were based in Jersey etc we would have no choice but to offer the same standard service and delivery times as our competitors. Being based in and shipping from Ireland means that we can offer the best service and delivery times possible to our Irish customers.

We also welcome customers from other European countries and approx 15% of our business is with customers from outside of Ireland. These customers come to us not only for our prices but also the personal service we give. We have a policy here of not using standard template emails to reply to our customers. All queries are answered on an individual basis and we will literally bend over backwards to help our customers. We believe in being 100% honest with our customers – ask us anything and expect a clear and transparent answer with no bull - if we make a mistake we will put our hands up to it and rectify it.

It is very common for companies to claim to be number one in customer service but there is only a handful of companies who go out and live up to it. We are one of those companies.

16 thanks
27.05.2009 18:27 #2
Glad you got your forum, should've happen ages ago.
29.05.2009 20:20 #3
Good luck with the site

all the best
30.05.2009 13:42 #4
I've bought from Gamesnash a good bit come to think of it and I can't say how chuffed I have been with them.

Always helpful, always on-time and always competative

Viva la Gamesnash
01.07.2009 09:44 #5
You should sticky this so people know who\what you are about :)
01.07.2009 09:50 #6
Verified representative
Relying on bumps. Thank you for yours ! ;)

We don't have mod access here but will drop a PM to Captain Obvious. :)
01.07.2009 10:36 #7
stickied
4 thanks
24.11.2009 22:09 #8
Hey, I was wondering if you know ( or if anyone else knows?) wher I can find the winners of the Dublin 2009 Eirtakon Call Of Duty 4 tornament winners?

My brother came second and the man who hosted the tornament, said it would be on the site, can anyone help?
25.11.2009 09:14 #9
Verified representative
Hi there,

We sponsored a number of competitions at Eirtakon 09 but we do not have details ourselves of who won each one. I believe the competition winners were to be posted on the Eirtakon website. :)
04.05.2010 17:22 #10
Ive been bying from gamesnash for about 2 years now and have nothing but praise for them. All my pre orders have been ontime and there customer service is second to none. Virtually all my queries have been resolved on the same day. Anyway Just saw your forum pop up and my screen and i thought id help the gamesnash revolution, keep it up there you guys, im far happier dealing with an Irish owned and Irish run company. I had a lot of trouble with Play.com a few years back that left me 50 euro out of pocket with no reply to any emails. But that was another threads debate. anyway cheers and you should set up another fifa tournament, the last 1 was great......:D:D
08.06.2010 03:58 #11
hey im just wondering how long it takes to get microsoft points by email off you guys?
08.06.2010 09:10 #12
Verified representative
Hi samacora,

If you request email dispatch what will happen is your order is processed as normal but instead of packing the order and posting the packer scratches off your card and emails you the code directly. Depending on payment processing and standard security clearances not causing any delays you should get the email back the same day you order.
08.06.2010 13:49 #13
just got it there i will now never bother using anyone else, that is seriously awesome customer service and ridiculously quick service!!!
08.06.2010 14:35 #14
Verified representative
Originally posted by samacora
just got it there i will now never bother using anyone else, that is seriously awesome customer service and ridiculously quick service!!!

Ha I preferred the unedited reply :p

Glad all went well for you.
30.07.2010 13:21 #15
You're not selling pc titles ???? that's like having a pool with no water :confused::P
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video