11.06.2020 11:51 #61
Originally posted by Sammy2012
Originally posted by Chinese whospers
I'm confused. What does   'I couldnt be paying my mortgage.' mean? Is the 'state money' not the Covid19 PUP or WSS? But, I'm having trouble with the person you were talking to not understanding what Broadband meant. 

No he meant the "state money" for my kids. AKA childrens allowance! Not any of the income supports available now.

The person I'm dealing with said I couldnt be paying my mortgage now as the banks were closed. I had been withdrawing money in cash from one account and physically lodging it into my mortgage account once a month up to Covid. Since April I have been doing a bank transfer to pay it. The person said "so your not paying your mortgage now that banks are closed?" Eh banks are open and have never closed but just easier to do it by bank transfer now. No idea about the broadband comment. It's pretty clear to me what it means.

Extremely frustrating to deal with it.

Okay, I wasn't sure who was saying, 'I couldn't be paying my mortgage now.' They (KBC) probably couldn't fathom why someone was going to the trouble of withdrawing cash (presumably the mortgage is less than the daily withdrawal limit) and lodging to a mortgage account when it could always be done by bank transfer. 

You have to bear in mind that they will be lending people 10s of thousands of Euro (possibly 100s) and they are used to people (not you, but they need to  check) trying to manipulate the system or/and downright lying. The person you were dealing with is probably personally responsible for signing off on your application (to that point at least) and is accountable for such. 

Re Broadband, I think we can assume everyone that's had the good fortune of passing a job interview in the last 20 years knows what Broadband is. He may (playing Devil's advocate) be wondering if was something work related. 

Re the 'state money' they needed to confirm that it was CA as it cannot (AFAIK) be considered income. It can be a torturous process (went through it myself lately with KBC), but when you realise the money/risk involved they have to be extra careful compared to a Short/medium term loan. Add into the mix that the country is in a very bad state it wasn't in less than 3 months ago and it doesn't help. All the banks will be in the same boat.