Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
11.01.2019 09:37 #27
Verified representative
Hi DrPhilG,
Originally posted by DrPhilG
Hi Irish Water

I live in a rural area served by a well. We're on top of a hill and the mains connection doesn't reach us.

There is a group scheme down the hill but when it was formed there were only a handful of houses at the top and not enough were interested in joining!

15 years later there are a lot of houses at the top, and many like ourselves are struggling with poor water quality and worn out household appliances, showers, toilets etc due to extremely high iron content despite expensive filtration.

One of the neighbours heard rumour that Irish Water were talking about extending their supply to reach new premises due to the increase in demand.

Would you be able to check? Any information would be great. I look forward to the day I can have a bath without it looking like I filled it directly from my bladder...

Thanks for getting in touch.

We would advise you to submit a Pre-connection Enquiry form on our website which can assess the feasibility of a connection for your property.

Please see https://www.water.ie/connections/information/ for more information about how to get connected.

Kind regards,
Niamh