Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch Dogs 2

• 07-06-2016 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reveal trailer tomorrow (June 8th) 5pm our time.

Set in San Francisco, new protag with thick rimmed glasses (most likely without lenses), I'm guessing the new tone mentioned by the CEO will be Hipsterish. The original had clever ideas and mechanics but just awful boring missions and characters. Still, looking forward to what the new one is like.

Launches this year, 15th November.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I could give this game.... no f*cks
    Not a one.
    The last one was the very definition of derivative and was less than the sum of it's parts.
    In fact, look up derivative in a dictionary and there is a picture of Watchdogs next to it.
    And, if the rest of Ubisoft's game releases are anything to go by, the best thing to do if you must have it is just wait a month, and you'll get it in a sale for 25% less.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,618 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think San Francisco will be a great location for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I think San Francisco will be a great location for the game.

Only if you can kill hipsters for no reason and get away with it and blow up every crapple (or whatever the watchdogs equivilent to apple is) shop in the place. :D:D:D

Oh wait no we need GTA in san fran not watchdogs.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My care-o-meter is reading negative for this game.

This will need a reboot of Assassin's Creed 2 levels before I take notice but even still the first was such a bland a boring game with unlikeable characters that it needs a complete transplant into another universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    it needs a complete transplant into another universe.

Watch Cats!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cormac... wrote: »
    Watch Cats!

My gods, you sir are a genius! :D

Everything about the first game smells of regret for me. Regret for caring, regret for buying and regret for putting whatever number of hours into it to try and make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I really wanted Watch Dogs to be good, I saw the crap it got for downgrades but I decided to pick it up cheap anyway.

I played for about 5 hours tops and haven't gone back to it. I have no hopes for Watch Dogs 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I kind of want to have hope for this. AC 1 was boring shyte. AC 2 was one of the best games I've ever played so I'm going the same happens here. Unlikely but would be a nice surprise. The graphics downgrade didn't bother me much, just the fact how boring it was.

Hoping Ubi pull it off but fool me once and all that. Anyway, actually looking forward to seeing what they have planned for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Trailer was already leaked last night, can't link to it as at work

• Advertisement

Wow, so the new tone is punk kids being dicks?? Loooks like they might be going the way of the division with everyone running around together hacking shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wow, so the new tone is punk kids being dicks?? Loooks like they might be going the way of the division with everyone running around together hacking shyte.

Yeah and looks like their will be some kind of parkour and drones too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hack the Planet!

If they make it like the 90's Hackers film I'm 100% on board.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hack the Planet!

If they make it like the 90's Hackers film I'm 100% on board.

These punks have nothing on Lord Nikon and the lads. Plus that trailer would need more rollerblading and Prodigy. But yeah, looking like a mix of Hackers and Mr. Robot. I hope this isn't Ubi trying to be down with the kidz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

First one was absolute garbage, the epitome of over hyped bullsh1t...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,618 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hope this isn't Ubi trying to be down with the kidz.

Well judging by the trailer, it looks like they are to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Shiminay wrote: »
    My gods, you sir are a genius! :D

Everything about the first game smells of regret for me. Regret for caring, regret for buying and regret for putting whatever number of hours into it to try and make the most of it.

So put ya down for a maybe then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This game needs to be a vast overhaul of the first to make me even the slightest bit interested, they have a good premise but Ubisoft managed to make everything about it as bland as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• It needs to break the mould Ubi have for their open world games, it's crazy at this stage given the global reach they have in terms of their talent pool and studios in different corners of the world. You would image given that there would be massive diversity in their games. Not the case at all. It's they have very limited scope in their brief for making games ,like head office send a brief make game X using 10 parts side missions , 30 parts collectibles , story in 5 acts , 30 hours in length and leave open for a squeal.

Runs the whole way through their catalogue of IP's from Assassins Creed to Watch Dogs. Even the division with it's slightly fresher approach with multiplayer and end game stuff , suffered from having the same formula applied to it's campaign to a degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

But wait.... didn't Saints Row do the whole rip-off-GTA throng already but actually fun and better than that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Another copy and paste job, now with quadcopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Looks good to me. Then again I'm one of the few who enjoyed Watchdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i completed watchdogs once, that was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forget Hackers. Will this be the game that finally lets me experience Sneakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone want gameplay footage?

Now back to watching Person of Interest, coincidentally enough

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I liked the first one the problem was I didn't care about the characters or the story and once I finished the main stuff and the side missions I didn't feel the need to play it anymore.

If they can improve what they got right and lose the stuff they got wrong it could be a good game.
    As long as they don't promise too much like they have a habit of doing with their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I liked the first one the problem was I didn't care about the characters or the story and once I finished the main stuff and the side missions I didn't feel the need to play it anymore.

If they can improve what they got right and lose the stuff they got wrong it could be a good game.
    As long as they don't promise too much like they have a habit of doing with their games.

How did you like the game then given your not liking of the characters or story, the missions were nearly all copy and paste jobs and the environments were all sterile.

I actually like the official trailer, looks cool. The gameplay vid is hit and miss for me though. San Fran looks class, parkour looks fun, super car driving looks awful. Quad bikes off ramps, drone. It's like a complete mix of hackers, person of interest, gta, saints row, just cause.

PS blog has some details on it.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/06/08/everything-you-need-to-know-about-watch-dogs-2-out-this-november-on-ps4/?emcid=social_20160608_62521556&adbid=740616912376233984&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

• Advertisement

• The character movement / parkour almost looks like they blended division with assassins creed to me. Anyone else think that? Also got serious got serious GTA vibes from the video. These could all be good things or it could just be more ubi.

Advertisement