Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Wine Distributors supply Dispensing Systems like Coke & HB do?

• 07-06-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this particular forum so please go easy........

Does anyone know if some of the Wine Distributors supply a Wine Dispensing system the way Coke does Fridges and HB do Freezers .....sort of a permanent loan basis on the understanding that you only sell their product through it ?

Any help here would be much appreciated as a simple Four bottle system ( incl. 2 Chilled ones for White) costs around €4,0000 - €5,000. None of these are available second hand either as i suppose they are fairly rare.

Your thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello Everybody,

I am new to this particular forum so please go easy........

Does anyone know if some of the Wine Distributors supply a Wine Dispensing system the way Coke does Fridges and HB do Freezers .....sort of a permanent loan basis on the understanding that you only sell their product through it ?

Any help here would be much appreciated as a simple Four bottle system ( incl. 2 Chilled ones for White) costs around €4,0000 - €5,000. None of these are available second hand either as i suppose they are fairly rare.

Your thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chevy RV

What kind of system are you talking about ?. Just a normal Wine Fridge ?. There a few years back Gilbilys wine gave my father a huge wine fridge for white wine for free on the argument that he only buys wine from them and only puts there wine in the fridge.

I am shocked you cant pick up a fridge 2nd hand or new as there not that costly. A good 2nd hand catering suppler will have what you wont or will get what you wont.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cateringfittings-for-sale/sale-now-on-all-fridges/8444728
    Something like this is what your looking for and 600 euros each is a very fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Thanks Trusted Apple for your reply.

That is not exactly what i am looking for though, it's a dispensing system like this this one on the link below that costs €1895 for a 2 bottle one is what i am after.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0383/9057/t/2/assets/Enoline_ELITE.pdf

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why do you want this btw? I thought you were talking about wine on tap but the link shown I don't see the point of it.

Weatherspoons has wine on tap but that is just boxed stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Thanks Trusted Apple for your reply.

That is not exactly what i am looking for though, it's a dispensing system like this this one on the link below that costs €1895 for a 2 bottle one is what i am after.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0383/9057/t/2/assets/Enoline_ELITE.pdf

Regards,

Chevy RV

Why would you buy one? You have will have to sell a ton of wine to break even on it. Plus there is no real advantages to it. It is not like a coke dispensary where you are saving space by not having to stock bottles or saving money by not having to buy expensive mini bottles of soft drinks

Thanks for the replies.

The reason i was looking for one is that i am about to get involved in a Lounge / bar that does some wine. I just wanted to improve the offering by say, having Two chilled Whites and Two Reds properly dispensed into decent quality glasses.

These dispenser systems replace the air in the bottle with an inearth gas which can extend the life of an open bottle of wine from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks thus ensuring consistency.

The thinking was just to have Two chilled Whites e.g. Sauvignon Blanc & Pinot Grigio and Two Ambient Reds e.g. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.

Hopefully, some Wine Distributors may supply them or make a contribution towards them?

Any ideas welcome.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Surely you wouldn't be selling enough wine if you need it to last 2-3 weeks? Hard to see how it would make you more money or make people more likely to buy wine.

Not all 4 might sell a complete number of full bottles each week ...thus the need to extend the life .....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you talking particularly high end expensive wines?

Not particularly.....with 4 glasses per bottle, if you have to waste 1-2 glasses, then the whole idea is a waste.

What i was trying to achieve was to provide better quality than is available in the 1/4 bottles ( Snipes ) and serve in decent glasses compared to what you get in many pubs....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The only place I've seen that system in Dublin is in the Porterhouse. Not sure if they still have it, or on what sort of basis. In all honesty, the people I'd be asking are the wine distributors you're considering working with rather than the population of Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I can't imagine a wine distributor would pay for it unless you were buying a heap of their stuff. As The Beer Nut says, Porterhouse have one but they own several busy bars as well.

You could get a Verre de Vin. How it works is, you open a bottle, pour a glass and then put a stopper on top and the machine sucks the air out, thus preserving the wine. No idea what price they are but they would surely be cheaper than what you're after and still do the same job. The Bull and Castle have one and I'm sure you could call in there and ask them about it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The thinking was just to have Two chilled Whites e.g. Sauvignon Blanc & Pinot Grigio and Two Ambient Reds e.g. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.

I hope you listen to the advice on here but if that's the only styles you'll be serving then do not waste your money on the machine you want.

Totally style over substance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

There is someone supply a few Dublin with process on tap, 57 the headline have it , Pmac and a few other.

But what ever option you go for, please remember to regularly clean the lines :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

oblivious wrote: »
    But what ever option you go for, please remember to regularly clean the lines :pac:
    I would think some customers would prefer it from a bottle for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

rubadub wrote: »
    I would think some customers would prefer it from a bottle for this reason.

Just optics, it's all carbonated in a bulk tank anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You would be better off with an air evacuation system TBH. Sealing the bottle after each use, if you are doing only 4 wines then you will likely be going through the bottles quite quickly even in a relatively quiet bar.

Pricing is what's important here, price the glass at the cost of the bottle, thus selling one covers you and selling more profits you. But don't invest heavily in a fridge dispenser, they're grand, but pointless for high turnover bars and too costly for low.

And, as much as I hate to say it, realistically your customers won't know a wine has been opened for 3 days anyway. They'll just think it's acidic, so this is one area you can afford to go cheap.

Advertisement