Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current weather conditions - May 2016.

123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another beautiful day here in Dublin 16. Sunny with just a few fair weather cumulus. 18.7c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

20c in south Laois with glorious sunshine...Long may it continue

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sunny 22.4c. Great day to be out.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

20.2C in Galway city with clear blue skies and a gentle northerly breeze - bliss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Blue skies all day long again at Grange with very warm conditions. Let's keep this "heatwave" going! ;)

Rainfall: 0.0mm
    Max. temperature: 22.5c (my warmest day of May, beating the 12th by 0.1c)
    Sunshine: 11.9 hours so far (looks like 15 + hours is definitely in of reach)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Also had a high of 22.5c here in Dublin 16. 21.1c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Almost a carbon copy of yesterday here near Tralee, blue skies and sunshine all day.

Got up to 20.4C and 18.2C atm ( low 7.5C )
    RH 70% ( low 60% )
    Near calm most of the day, was on top of the mountain ( Maulin Mountain ) on Kerry head this morning and barely a breeze. Bit more now avg 10 kph N

Bar 1026.6 hPa Steady

Pic: Looking across Tralee Bay from Kerry Head to Brandon Point.

5Xwz5ie.jpg?1

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Clear blue sky to end what I think was a clear day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Since there doesn't look to be a cloud in sight, I am ready to review May 2016 at Grange.

Rainfall: Driest May since 2010 in spite of being wetter than normal.
    I recorded a rainfall total of 60.5mm (126% of the LTA) during May 2016. In spite of being wetter than normal overall, May 2016 has been one of the drier in recent years and was the actually the driest since 2010. The rainfall was quite unevenly distributed through the month with the 10th and 21st recording the general rainfall with both days adding up to a total of 29.6mm (45% of the May total). My wettest day was the 10th with 15.8mm, my wettest day in May since 2015 but compared to recent years, it was actually my lowest maximum May daily rainfall since 2011. I recorded a total of 19 completely dry days - the highest in any May since 2008. This meant I recorded 12 wet days which was my lowest for May also since 2008. In terms of rainfall, this May has been one of the better ones in a long time.

Temperature: Warmest May since 2008. First temperature in May above 20.5c since 2012.
    I recorded a mean temperature of 11.8c (+1.0c above the LTA) and it was my warmest May since 2008. This May has been warmer than every May from 2011 - 2015 but 2010 was warmer. I recorded my highest maximum for May since 2010 with 22.5c on the 31st whilst I recorded my highest minimum for May since 2011 with 2.2c on the 15th. I had 5 days with temperatures of 20c or more - highest since 2008. In terms of temperature, this May has been one of the better ones in a long time though it was nothing remarkable.

Sunshine: Sunniest May since 2000. Second sunniest on record.
    May was shockingly sunnier than what I would have guessed. I recorded a sunshine total of 241 hours (134% of the LTA) and it was my sunniest May since 2000 and the second sunniest ever recorded. This was very close to beating the sunniest April on record in 2015 which recorded 244 hours (+3 hours more than May 2016). I recorded 10 very sunny days (12 hours or more), my highest since 2000 also. My sunniest day was the 13th with 15.3 hours, my sunniest day in May since 2010 whilst my sunniest day overall since June 2010. Overall, May was absolute stunner of a month for sunshine at Grange and if only there could be more months like these!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

May started wet, nice dry spell and then a few more yet days. Ending nice

envyle Weather
    Running Weather-Display 10.37S on a Dell 3050 Micro PC

Month Stats for 05 2016

Temperature:

High: 21.7°C
    Low: 3.7°C
    Average: 12.4°C

Wind:

Highest Gust: 50.0 km/h
    Average Speed: 5.8 km/h
    Average Direction: South southeasterly

Barometric:

Highest: 1026.3 hPa
    Lowest: 995.8 hPa

Rain:

Total Rainfall: 72.6 mm
    Highest Rain/Hour Rate: 9.7 mm/hr
    Days with Rain: 17

Details of this and more at http://www.renvyleweather.com

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Sorry if this is the wrong place for the question, but I'm flying back to Ireland next Friday (10th).
    Judging from the current forecast the following weekend is still looking like it may be fairly warm.
    I suppose it's way too early to make any realistic analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

bear1 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for the question, but I'm flying back to Ireland next Friday (10th).
    Judging from the current forecast the following weekend is still looking like it may be fairly warm.
    I suppose it's way too early to make any realistic analysis?

Yeah its probably the wrong place alright.

The warm weather looks to continue until at least the early days of next week, so it could easily be extended to Friday. It will get cloudier all the time though and possibly wetter, humidities will also rise making it feel a lot sticker than it does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Yeah its probably the wrong place alright.

The warm weather looks to continue until at least the early days of next week, so it could easily be extended to Friday. It will get cloudier all the time though and possibly wetter, humidities will also rise making it feel a lot sticker than it does now.

Thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong thread, wasn't sure where. Bet it gets crap by the time I arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

bear1 wrote: »
    Thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong thread, wasn't sure where. Bet it gets crap by the time I arrive.

Try the Summer weather thread maybe.

Don't worry, the Junior and Leaving cert exams will have started by the time you arrive so your practically guaranteed good weather during that period!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Palmfield City weather summary for May 2016

Temperature (°C):
    Mean (1 minute) 12,1
    Mean (min+max) 12,6
    Mean Minimum 6,6
    Mean Maximum 18,7
    Minimum 0,7 day 15
    Maximum 25,4 day 09
    Highest Minimum 12,6 day 09
    Lowest Maximum 10,7 day 07
    Air frosts 0

Rainfall (mm):
    Total for month 65,8
    Wettest day 21,7 day 20
    High rain rate 587,9 day 28
    Rain days 11
    Dry days 20

Wind (km/h):
    Highest Gust 84,6 day 01
    Average Speed 12,1
    Wind Run 8971,6 km
    Gale days 1

Pressure (hPa):
    Maximum 1006,7 day 31
    Minimum 974,1 day 21

Days with snow falling 0
    Days with snow lying at 0900 0

www.joujoujou.com/weather

Final stats for May for Dublin 16:

Mean Max: 17.0c
    Mean Min: 8.1c
    Mean: 12.5c

Max temp: 22.5c (31st)
    Min temp: 3.7c (16th)

Days with Snow Falling: 0 days
    Days with Snow Lying (at 0900): 0 days
    Thunder Heard: 3 days
    Air Frosts: 0 day

Total Rain (0000-0000): 53.0mm
    Rain Days: 16