Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things SUSI / grants (see links in first post)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

Good evening everyone. I have no idea about how this works but I have an inquiry about my eligibility.

I am in Ireland for almost three years in September. I was wondering, can I apply to Susi by then so I would be eligible? I am a Stamp4 holder by basis of reunification with my Naturalised parents. Hope people can help me out. I am hoping to study Architecture in DIT this school year 2016/2017.

Thanks in advance.

The SUSI website states that

"in order to receive funding from SUSI, you must have been resident in the Irish State or the EU/EEA/Swiss Federation for three of the last five years. The documentary evidence supplied......must span a full 3 year (36 month) period.
    If a student has been living in EU/EEA/Swiss Federation but not in the Irish State for three of the last five years, they are deemed a tuition student. A tuition student, if deemed eligible, will only receive the fee portion of the Student Grant and will not receive any maintenace payments".

You should have a look at their website, it is pretty comprehensive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

The SUSI website states that

"in order to receive funding from SUSI, you must have been resident in the Irish State or the EU/EEA/Swiss Federation for three of the last five years. The documentary evidence supplied......must span a full 3 year (36 month) period.
    If a student has been living in EU/EEA/Swiss Federation but not in the Irish State for three of the last five years, they are deemed a tuition student. A tuition student, if deemed eligible, will only receive the fee portion of the Student Grant and will not receive any maintenace payments".

You should have a look at their website, it is pretty comprehensive :)

Thank you (minus the sarcasm), what I would like to know really is can I apply during september as I am due to have three years by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

Thank you (minus the sarcasm), what I would like to know really is can I apply during september as I am due to have three years by then.

Me. Sarcastic? Never ;)

Saying that I would guess you are applicable for the grant, considering you will have been in Ireland for the full 3 years prior to recieving it. Maybe give SUSI a call to confirm, as I am by no means a reliable source........on anything.

Best of luck to you anyway [not said sarcastically]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lunaforwan

how much does a susi grant pay out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Lunaforwan wrote: »
    how much does a susi grant pay out?

anything from €400ish a month to €50 a month.
    Means tested. So if your parents are in good jobs.. you probably won't get a large grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 RoughSleeper

The letter I received from SUSI is asking me to post my Final Course Acceptance Form as one of the requested documents. I'm not going to receive this until I actually get offered a place in August, yet SUSI want everything posted back by the 10th of July. What's that about? I've e-mailed support to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I am just in the stage of applying for SUSI, but I have not made my mind up on a course in particular, I have course down as my first choice, but what happens if I decide to change it come, July 1st ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

The letter I received from SUSI is asking me to post my Final Course Acceptance Form as one of the requested documents. I'm not going to receive this until I actually get offered a place in August, yet SUSI want everything posted back by the 10th of July. What's that about? I've e-mailed support to be sure.
    Call them if they don't reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Guys the deadline for grant applications is before CAO offers, can we change the course we enter in the susi application at a laterr date??

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

When i was filling out application i said that i was gonna be attending Mary I...however if i get the grant and end up going to DCU can i still get grant..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

When should I get 1st response after completing application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Maybeline56

My son is currently applying online to SUSI. He is a repeat Leaving Cert student as he didn't get enough points in 2015/2016. At question C5 it is asking if he has ever applied for a student grant before. He replied yes as he applied last year. SUSI will not allow him to proceed as it keeps redirecting him to question C4. C4 says 'Have you previously attended (or are you currently attending) a course of further or higher education?'. He said no. SUSI seems to assume that he must have attended a third level course but he did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

My son is currently applying online to SUSI. He is a repeat Leaving Cert student as he didn't get enough points in 2015/2016. At question C5 it is asking if he has ever applied for a student grant before. He replied yes as he applied last year. SUSI will not allow him to proceed as it keeps redirecting him to question C4. C4 says 'Have you previously attended (or are you currently attending) a course of further or higher education?'. He said no. SUSI seems to assume that he must have attended a third level course but he did not.

Email Susi support..they respond pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daggermouth

I received a letter from SUSI saying that I will receive a student contribution of a fixed sum. Does that mean that I will receive this amount of money, as well as my fees being covered or will I only receive the fixed sum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 deniseg

I was doing a level 8 course 12/13 it was the first year susi was in operation and was an extremely slow response, i had drop out just after xmas,i had a young daughter and we were living in an extremely bad damp place where we were constantly sick and stressed waiting on funding and was borrowing left right and centre trying pay creche fees rent etc.the college deferred my course on medical reasons, i have applied again this year for same course and am awaiting on susi to get back to me, i was just wondering if it would be a problem that i had previously attended the course but recieved no grant, will that affect my chances this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NathanB98

On the SUSI website it says that the CAO will provide any information about course acceptance if you've indicated on your application that you want the CAO to do this. I can't remember whether or not I just this option when I was filling out the CAO, and when I log in now there's no option to do so. Does that mean that I've selected it already? If not, what should I do?

Advertisement