Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

• 27-05-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/735984587621310464

What I want is original Ghost Recon redone in 2016 skin and playing like Siege.

What I hope its not is The Division and bullet sponge enemies.

What we get I dont know.

Any 4 player open world coop game could be prone to being very easy so either the AI are lethal or there is something to make it difficult.

Comments

From the look of the map it looks less division more far cry/ just cause.

Edit: Just saw an email form gamestop advertising pre-orders, among other things it mentions an XP boost and a 'gear set', that could be purely cosmetic though

Visually though it does look nice from the small piece of in game footage at the end of the trailer of the squad taking position on a village.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This will be online like the division ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

From what I've heard, you will have a team of 4 operators you can customize and play single play, but friends can drop in to control one of them. Doesnt look as MMO-ish as the Division was so hopefully there will be no bullet sponges.

I just love the views of the walking single file across Bolivian mountain ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It will be drop in drop out from what I understand but it's not designed to be an always online co-op to win game like Division.
    As this is supposed to be a realistic squad shooter and not an RPG so one shot to had should kill anyone, if it's not them I'm not touching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I hope there's towers to scale to unlock things.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »

Yeah, I don't like what Ubi is doing with all it's games. First they added exp points to Rainbow Six, then Splinter Cell and now this.

They are an elite team going after drug cartels in central America, they don't need exp to get better guns or pink paint to put on said guns ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah, I don't like what Ubi is doing with all it's games. First they added exp points to Rainbow Six, then Splinter Cell and now this.

They are an elite team going after drug cartels in central America, they don't need exp to get better guns or pink paint to put on said guns ffs.

The extra crap in Siege is purely cosmetic and user has the choice to use it or not. I like its that way.

Siege is Ubis best game in a long long time.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The extra crap in Siege is purely cosmetic and user has the choice to use it or not. I like its that way.

Siege is Ubis best game in a long long time.

Siege is a joke to the Rainbox Six games, restricted weapon loads, and over the top weapons damage to walls.

Swat 3 released around 13 years ago did it all better and more realistic.

Siege is a joke to the Rainbox Six games, restricted weapon loads, and over the top weapons damage to walls.

Swat 3 released around 13 years ago did it all better and more realistic.

Agree with Swat but Raven Shield et all have not aged well and Siege is obviously technically far superior to it.

Loadouts are perfect for me otherwise everyone be running around with L8A2s and grenades.

Siege is a good as your gonna get in tactical CQB FPS in this day and age.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gold trophy if you unlock them all :p:pac:?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gold trophy if you unlock them all :p:pac:?

Sweet!

Ideally the Platinum trophy will be locked behind doing lots of online activities you don't want to do

I'm Sold! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LordGrayHam

Very excited for this game, but wary also. Ubi games are consistent if anything. I liked Siege and The Division was enjoyable, a bit disappointing in endgame, but it shows they're shifting their scope slightly away from the traditional Assassin's Creed/Far Cry formula.

I love tactical games, and hopefully if Wildlands is good I'll finally have a good tactical game to play with my friends on console, I'm a bit stuck on my own atm playing Arma 3 and SWAT 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

No thanks :)

oh god i hate those ubi gameplay players.

But im buying that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

If there's a boardsie squad group I'm up for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

oh god i hate those ubi gameplay players.

But im buying that game.

Probably nit picking here, but that AI seemed a bit... poor. 3 AI in the room and they run away instead opening fire, only to hide beside an open door, allow the player to walk up and knock him out. And the pickup they are chasing seems very tanky. Tires not being blown out. Windows not taking much damage.

Not sold on this one.

Probably nit picking here, but that AI seemed a bit... poor. 3 AI in the room and they run away instead opening fire, only to hide beside an open door, allow the player to walk up and knock him out. And the pickup they are chasing seems very tanky. Tires not being blown out. Windows not taking much damage.

Not sold on this one.

My concern is that also but I assume there will be high difficulty levels. I have found 4 players in COOP vs AI generally destroy AI after a while.

My other concern would be seems like a lot of land with fcuk all to do in it. Impromptu vehicle races would get old.

My concern is that also but I assume there will be high difficulty levels. I have found 4 players in COOP vs AI generally destroy AI after a while.

My other concern would be seems like a lot of land with fcuk all to do in it. Impromptu vehicle races would get old.

From that trailer, the game looks to be setup to promote proper tactical assaults; sniper overlooking the zone, the other 3 infiltrating pincer style. You would expect to have better AI when, by the looks of it, it'll be 1, possibly 2, players up against multiple AI in different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

I am still interested in it, but those graphics (while they maybe still alpha), look pretty bland. Or am I blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I was looking forward to this game. Seemed like a decent squad based shooter, the bullet spongey grind fest that is the Division really doesn't appeal to me. That E3 gameplay video has definitely changed my opinion though. Can't explain it, but something doesn't sit well with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Any idea what date the beta is? even rumors will do me.

HA!

Any idea what date the beta is? even rumors will do me.

HA!

Sometime this year? ;)

It's being released in March yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Has anyone gotten into the beta? I haven't signed up for it.

I have a lot of concerns;

* Destroying AI after a decent amount of time with the game
    * Repetition- what is the post release schedule- new missions/maps? How does that work?
    * Reward system- now admittedly I have not read up on this. Is there a loot/reward system?
    * Ubisoft game
    *Ubisoft
    *Ubisoft have a tendency to drop the ball

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

They do drop the ball quite a bit. The Division was unforgivably bad. But the beta hasn't been released yet so we play the waiting game which, ironically, isn't that much worse than The Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

So no is the answer to the date of the Beta.....? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Once bitten and all that, not gonna even keep up to date with this. I will give it 2 mnths after release and see how the land lies.....no way on earth I am going through another Division scenario.

Advertisement