Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Players to watch this (2016/2017) season

• 19-05-2016 8:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Andre Gray or Jordan Rhodes probably gonna be my mainstay 3rd striker next season.

Forestieri has the potential to have a Mahrez-esqe goals and assist season if the Wendies go up

Scott Arfield another I'll look at

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If Mazzarri comes into Watford and incorporates a 3-4-3/3-5-2 system, their full backs could become a nice cheap attacking option.

For Watford next season, not withstanding transfer signings, I'll be keeping an eye on Nordin Amrabat who was there record signing in January but didn't get much of a look under Flores. He was 4.5m when bought on FPL, so I'd assume he'll stay the same. Could be a nice 5th mid option as he showed a lot of promise to me in the minutes he did get (just don't expect Ighalo like returns.... :pac: )
    Texas Jack wrote: »
    Forestieri has the potential to have a Mahrez-esqe goals and assist season if the Wendies go up

Don't see it. He's a Championship player imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

From burnley id expect andre gray to hit double figures will more than likely get him id expect him to perform like ings did although he has the potential to do better as I think burnley will have a better team this time round.
    Heaton will definetly be my gk he is a solid keeper and should keep a fair few c.s at home and will be good for save points.
    Michael Keane CB is the only other option Id consider he is a good threat from set pieces he got a few goals last year.
    The great thing about burnley players from an ff perspective is that dyche picks the same team every week never really does rotation.
    They will play a 4 4 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jonny Walters Rumoured to be moving to boro
    If Mourinho takes over at United I'll be paying close attention to Herrera in Preseason
    He is exactly the type of player Mourinho like at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sam Vokes might be a good option too. Decent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If Knockart leaves Brighton and moves to the prem, he'd be one to watch. Anytime I've seen Brighton, he has always been very lively. Gray for Burnley too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Already have Rhodes on my list as 3rd striker. And if Jose comes to Man Utd, I may go double defence from the start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

siblers wrote: »
    If Knockart leaves Brighton and moves to the prem, he'd be one to watch. Anytime I've seen Brighton, he has always been very lively. Gray for Burnley too

They've only signed him - don't see him leaving them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Super Georgie Boyd.

Building my team around him. My 5th MF

If fit, Charlie Austin may be an option as a 3rd striker, especially if Pelle leaves and Long is deployed a bit further back.

Depending on price Forster will likely be my first choice keeper as my selection of cheapie Southampton defence blew up in my face this year.

Mourinho at United may open up United's attacking option, it'd be nice to be able to have a United MF who wasn't listed as a striker or playing Wing back or Centre back.

If Danny Simpson is 4.5 or under and not in prison I'll likey stick with him as a Leicester cover.

Hoping the game makes sense again in that my strategy will work again,
    of 2/3 premium defenders,
    and as many big hitters as I can squeeze in, in MF and up front,
    with a 4.0 def and 4.5 MF to enable it.

I don't think I can stomach another season of madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

shineon23 wrote: »
    Super Georgie Boyd.

Building my team around him. My 5th MF

If fit, Charlie Austin may be an option as a 3rd striker, especially if Pelle leaves and Long is deployed a bit further back.

Depending on price Forster will likely be my first choice keeper as my selection of cheapie Southampton defence blew up in my face this year.

Mourinho at United may open up United's attacking option, it'd be nice to be able to have a United MF who wasn't listed as a striker or playing Wing back or Centre back.

If Danny Simpson is 4.5 or under and not in prison I'll likey stick with him as a Leicester cover.

Hoping the game makes sense again in that my strategy will work again,
    of 2/3 premium defenders,
    and as many big hitters as I can squeeze in, in MF and up front,
    with a 4.0 def and 4.5 MF to enable it.

I don't think I can stomach another season of madness.

Talk of Long being targeted by Leicester & Liverpool.
    Imagine if he goes, it'll be to the team with champions league qualification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

shineon23 wrote: »

would he not have competition from Jay Rodriguez for that spot?

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Talk of Long being targeted by Leicester & Liverpool.
    Imagine if he goes, it'll be to the team with champions league qualification.

Paper doesn't refuse ink. It was a 'done deal' in January to Liverpool.

I think Leicester are covered for strikers for now and can't see either team paying silly money for Long, which I'd say Southampton would be asking for him.

In my book Man Utd. are also welcome to return with their £60 million bid for Sadio Mane.

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain moving back to Southampton rumour has been doing the rounds. Id say he'd rather sit on the bench for Arsenal than at Southampton. :D

Will be taking any of them stories with a pinch of salt until I see deals confirmed.

But as a Southampton fan nothing surprises me any more.

would he not have competition from Jay Rodriguez for that spot?

Jay Rodriguez hasn't played as an out and out centre forward for the club.
    He played in an attacking MF 3 behind Rickie Lambert when he was last fully fit.

Jay Rod would be competing with Steven Davis, Ward Prowse, Long (if moved back again) Mane and Tadic. for a spot behind the main CF-Pelle, Long or Austin.

Will all depend who is fit and remaining in September though.

Jay rod back to burnley please.

Jay rod back to burnley please.

Would gladly see him go back if has another season with little/no games. He is a quality when fit.

There's a few Hull players I'd like to see back in the League, not a clue about Sheffield Wednesday.

Stewart Downing 2 seasons ago was in great form for West Ham so I will be interested in his price.

I'm a bit disappointed that noone has congratulated me for my resolve in not spamming the thread with my agenda for justice a certain Portuguese right back. :D

• I'll be very interested as to where Berahino ends up next season. Hope he moves early and for not too inflated a price.

Hopefully some transfers, later in the window, overshadow his transfer fee and he goes under the FPL radar.

I think he is a quality player and anything under 7 million will see him in my team from the get-go. I think he'll be a season keeper and will free up funds for Aguero and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll be very interested as to where Berahino ends up next season. Hope he moves early and for not too inflated a price.

Hopefully some transfers, later in the window, overshadow his transfer fee and he goes under the FPL radar.

I think he is a quality player and anything under 7 million will see him in my team from the get-go. I think he'll be a season keeper and will free up funds for Aguero and the like.

Id say it's pretty much a certainty barring a really big transfer before the game goes live that Berahino will be under 7 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Rumours on the Watford forum of Deeney heading to Leicester. FF wise, I'm not really sure what to make of it.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Rumours on the Watford forum of Deeney heading to Leicester. FF wise, I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I'm still raging he wasn't listed as a midfielder last season. He would have been serious value. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Mane a likely week in week out starter for Pool?

Think he might be value

Think he might be value

Mane?

Never heard of him. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Think he might be value

There seem a good few attacking options at liverpool such as Coutinho and Firmino so you'd have to see how he lines up. He's also the most inconsistent of inconsistent players so I certainly wouldn't buy into him from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Think he might be value

He's great for UFPL not sure I would be happy seeing all those blanks in FPL between the 20 point hauls!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Think he might be value

Mane pushes the Liverpool rotation minefield even further into the red. Will be hard to own their players at the right times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

makes Tadic a very attractive proposition.

• makes Tadic a very attractive proposition.

I think you mean Redmond.

• FHFC wrote: »
    Mane pushes the Liverpool rotation minefield even further into the red. Will be hard to own their players at the right times.

Money where my mouth is - Mane will play 90 minutes every week, unless injured, from GW 1.

Himself or Coutinho will be the LFC midfielder to own but if the price is right I'll start with Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Money where my mouth is - Mane will play 90 minutes every week, unless injured, from GW 1.

Himself or Coutinho will be the LFC midfielder to own but if the price is right I'll start with Mane.

Ah shtop with that lunacy! You'll be getting everyone's hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Mkhitaryan right in my team if/when he moves to United and looks like starting from the off.

I don't think we will see any rotation from liverpool. They have no European football so there is no need to rotate. Last season they played more games than anyone else and the league campaign was dead with 8 games to go so I wouldn't use that as a basis for anything. The place will be manes to lose if he shows good form he will play every week.

• Advertisement

• I don't think we will see any rotation from liverpool. They have no European football so there is no need to rotate. Last season they played more games than anyone else and the league campaign was dead with 8 games to go so I wouldn't use that as a basis for anything. The place will be manes to lose if he shows good form he will play every week.

Agree 100%. Also, at 1 or 2 nil up Mane will be our pace, for the counter attack, and unlikely to get hauled in the last 10 minutes of games. That will be Firminho.

Advertisement