Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoo Removal

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

Hi guys posted a thread but no answers sorry just so seeing I have had my fourth laser session and the tattoo isn't fading one bit it's only a small black tattoo any idea why it isn't being removed

Where are you getting it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

On my wrist being lasered I'm in limericks city

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

The jury is out tattoo lasering... well for me anyway.
    I went through 10+ lasering sessions with very poor results, over a 2 year period.
    I started with Patrick in Zulu (whom I might add is a sound chap) done approx 6 sessions over a year or so with pretty poor results.
    After a tattoo artist advised me against using lasering in tattoo centres in Dublin (apparently they're not keeping their machines serviced, etc. and it is quite simply not working to its full potential)
    I then decided to move to Dundrum laser clinic and dealt with Brian (again, sound chap although he would sell snow to the Eskimos).
    In Dundrum I did have better fading (albeit at a higher cost). I done 2 NDYAGs and 2 Picosure sessions.
    The Picosures had me sure that I was gonna see unreal results, but it didn't turnout that way.
    Anyway, a local artist looked at my arm and reckoned he could do a decent cover-up, and that he did.
    The lasered tattoos underneath were faded, but for 10 odd sessions not anywhere near what I expected when I started out the process.
    I was also left with a lot of keloid scar, caused by lasering.
    I appreciate that everyone differs: tattoo age, skin type, etc, etc... but these were plain black tattoos that should have really seen better results. It was an expensive, time consuming process for me and I would think others should take stock of their own lasering, especially if it's not fading as well as they though it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Martha28

Hey thanks so much for the information. I've actually started my laser removal in sensius in the Ilac shopping centre and have to say I'm really happy with the progress so far. Only after two sessions and the tattoo has faded significantly. It was €850 for a course of 6 so very expensive but worth it is think. Everyone I shows it to us amazed. I will say it's very painful 😥😣

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jinx9000

Hey,

Any updates from people on their progress and how there getting on?

The clinics don't seem to show progress pictures of clients that they did themselves. This site uses images from a German Clinic (http://sensius.ie/afters). That's probably a sign that a ghosted image is the best you'll get after 1-2k dropped.

I'm thinking cover up at this stage but would love to hear from people going through it at the moment and hope it is working out,

Cheers,

Bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Martha28

I'm still going to sensius. I have 2 sessions left. Pretty happy with the progress so far but definately think I'll need more than 6 sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Hi there. Just looking for advice on tattoo removal. I have one on my belly it's just a name in black. Would this be easily removed? It only took about 15 minutes to do so it's not huge but I am wondering how many sessions are usually needed for removal? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It depends on many factors, mainly on how vivid the tattoo is. And none of them are easily removed. It'd take many sessions that're more painful than getting tattooed, and more expensive. If it's not too vivid, a cover-up can be a better option. If it is, then getting some laser to lighten it, and then getting a cover up would tend to be better. Never seen an 100% effective removal .

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Anyone know any clinics doing this in Ireland? I've had 2 sessions in sligo and it works great but unfortunately her machine is broken and not sure when it will be fixed so looking for somewhere else to have it done

• Registered Users Posts: 1 billygriffin

With Laser Tattoo Removal only use Picosecond technology as it is sound based and leaves no scarring. The old Q Switch technology used heat to break up the tattoo and which can cause heat marks on your skin.

Also as we all know colours like blue and green are more stubborn, and the the type of ink and density in tattoo determines the effectiveness of your laser treatment.

Example here are some hard black inks to remove. Silverback, Dynamic, Alla Prima.

Steer clear of the old Q switch laser machines that are sitting in many tattoo artists desks for years. There are a few places in Dublin that have real Picosecond technology that you will find online. The prices will all depend on the size and colours of your tattoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Can anyone update me how their removal went or is going?

Debating on a cover up but would rather removal!

Thanks..

Advertisement