Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

Looking for a band for wedding in Slane on 30th September. Hoping to get something a bit different not too mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

lillybee12 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    Has anyone seen The Buachaills play? I'm looking for something in the Irish style with some country and a few up to date songs thrown in .
    Cheers Lil

Ruaile Buaile are very very impressive in this regard. Im not usually into a whole pile of Irish tunes in a setlist but they put on a great show. Check em out!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

Hi!

Can anyone recommend a good band for a wedding in Carlow on the 29th of October. We're looking for a band that can cover a few waltzes and also a bit of indie/pop.
    That's probably a tall order but if anyone has any recommendations, I'd be really grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 miseannmarie

Hi all, im getting married in cork on June 3rd 2017, can anyone recommend a good band?
    Im just finding it so difficult!! its the bank holiday weekend and alot are booked so making it hard work. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 25 miseannmarie

Can anyone recommend love junkies or acoustra? They are free on my date and i want a nice mix of everything to keep people happy, really want a full dance floor! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone ever booked / heard Zenith? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Now that I officially have my wedding band booked I don't mind sharing with you.

I booked No Recession after seeing them at my bestfriend/cousins wedding a few weeks back and was automatically blown away by the singer! I rang them last week and got a great quote from them including a DJ pretty much half of what other bands have charged me (PM if you want to know) so I snapped it up quickly. I asked would they play certain songs and the person I spoke to said it was no problem at all. I'm also having my wedding up the country a good bit away from where their based and driving is not a problem for them either. I was never asked for a deposit or nothing just to pay on the night aswell. I am so thrilled and thank Christ this is out of the way. The band was a big part of our day due to my boyfriend's love for music so I am delighted!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

If you search No Recession on Facebook you should find them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Looking for a singer for the day after,just a singer and his/her guitar that can sing in the private bar. Any recomendations appreciated.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Where/when is your wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Starstream

Looking for musician(s) to play throughout a civil ceremony in Doolin, 29th Oct 2016. Would like contemporary music, guitar, piano or strings. Explosions in the Sky, Ludovico Einaudi, Cinematic Orchestra, The National, Sigur Ros etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Sadie30

Hi

I’m looking for 1 piece or 2 piece band That can sing bit of everything- traditional and 80s music in Donegal area for next April!!

Small wedding (Max 60 guests)

Can you reccommend anyone ??

Many thanks💗
    appreciate any reccommendation.

Xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mmooney1983

Hi guys
    Looking to book a singer with piano for the dinner - background music - probably 90 to 120 mins or so. Any idea ballpark figures? Let's just say I got a shock when the wedding singer was 300 quid for 45 mins :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Hi guys
    Looking to book a singer with piano for the dinner - background music - probably 90 to 120 mins or so. Any idea ballpark figures? Let's just say I got a shock when the wedding singer was 300 quid for 45 mins :-(

About 250 is going rate which translates as some are 200 some are 300. Same for piano hire. Whereabouts are you? If in leinster, look up keith o'connell. Hes really good at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

Has any one any experience with a band called Redwood. I cant seem to find many reviews on them?
    I also haven't got the time to look through this thread to find if they are already here so if they are already mentioned I apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

Hello,
    Has anyone seen the band Upload at a wedding? We are thinking about getting them but have only seen them in a pub so its hard to judge what they would be like in getting the crowd going. Any advice would really be appreciated :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 intune

Hello,
    Has anyone seen the band Upload at a wedding? We are thinking about getting them but have only seen them in a pub so its hard to judge what they would be like in getting the crowd going. Any advice would really be appreciated :D

Unless there were very few people in the pub there is no reason why they wouldn't get the crowd going when you saw them. I hope at least a few people did get up & dance? That is usually a really good indicator. Most excellent bands will get the crowd going (unless the place is "dead" as mentioned above). Are you still deciding on who to get? There are some really good wedding bands out there if you need more suggestions.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod Note: Just a reminder of the rules regarding reviews/recommendations/criticisms of wedding vendors:
    If you want to post a recommendation, criticism or review of a wedding related business, you must have either:

a MINIMUM of 20 posts
    OR be an active member of Boards.ie for OVER 2 months

EllieK2, I have deleted your post as it wasn't in line with this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Claralara13

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had Carouse at their wedding or heard them play? They're from Waterford. Their video looks brilliant but I'm wondering if they're lively enough for a wedding?

Also if anyone has heard of Suzie Q or had them at their wedding I'd be interested to hear their opinion. Thanks

Just checked the band... ha.... I find it funny that every second wedding band video starts with "Thinking out loud" by Ed Sheeran or at least contains it...

I mean yeah ok it's probably one of the most common first dances right now I would guess but hey... seriously?

Are couples really gonna look at a 100% produced video (with studio audio which is nowhere near the live experience) of a wedding band singing "Thinking out loud" and say... "Ok let's book this band?".

I mean you are looking for fun and getting people dancing... not yet another overly produced video - I would assume? :/ Anyone else agreeing on this?

You need to either SEE THEM LIVE or see a proper LIVE VIDEO of to judge accurately or else you will regret it. And if they don't get the crowd going (unless the place is empty) then you should ask yourself why this is going to be different at your wedding. And don't stress take your time to find the right band because it will make the night.

I go out almost every weekend listening to bands and there are several good bands out there that don't even have a produced video nor proper website for that matter but are absolutely unreal live. And they spread through word of mouth and get bookings that way. This is the kind of band you are ultimately looking for.

What can help is to make sure you are getting a professional band. Prices shouldn't be too different (unless you are getting some really bad band maybe and they know they can't charge much...). I was at a wedding not too long ago and the band was absolutely shocking.... Made me wonder how does a band like that even get booked into a pub they are so bad, not to mention a wedding.

At least with a pro-band you know you are getting quality. Same principle as other professions. A pro will care about what he does and does it well. You wouldn't go to a Vet for the right medicine either would you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Hi Guys, looking for either a band and a dj or possibly just a dj for next june in Kippure estate, its not a massive venue so anything bigger than a five piece band might find it a bit of a squeeze. Looking for someone who has can play a bit of everything from the chuck berry to country music, my fiance is from Texas so there will have to be a bit of country in there somewhere, feel free to pm me with prices etc or if anyone knows a hidden gem feel free to let me know:D

• Advertisement

Hi Guys, looking for either a band and a dj or possibly just a dj for next june in Kippure estate, its not a massive venue so anything bigger than a five piece band might find it a bit of a squeeze. Looking for someone who has can play a bit of everything from the chuck berry to country music, my fiance is from Texas so there will have to be a bit of country in there somewhere, feel free to pm me with prices etc or if anyone knows a hidden gem feel free to let me know:D

Dont underestimate a working bands ability to squeeze on to a stage no matter how manys in it. :)

If its the marquee at the back, Ive seen up to a 7 piece in there. Tight but doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Dont underestimate a working bands ability to squeeze on to a stage no matter how manys in it. :)

If its the marquee at the back, Ive seen up to a 7 piece in there. Tight but doable.

hahahaha, we'd fit on a thumb tack is need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eamo8888

Looking for a wedding DJ for 22/10/2016. City Centre hotel. Probably be from 7/8 to 2 in the morning. Just looking for quotes and availability. Need someone who can keep the party Happy.

Any Q's give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

On the note of space - I am getting married in The Millhouse and would love a 7 piece soul band but I'm afraid it will be a squash. Have any large bands played here or anyone been at a wedding there with a full band playing? I'm talking brass, drums, keys, everything!

Can you post an online link of the stage area (photo)?

Bands will fit somehow either way. They always do. The venue will also help with that so I wouldn't worry too much. Possibly talk to them about it?

Plankton1 wrote: »
    On the note of space - I am getting married in The Millhouse and would love a 7 piece soul band but I'm afraid it will be a squash. Have any large bands played here or anyone been at a wedding there with a full band playing? I'm talking brass, drums, keys, everything!

Ive spoken before about this, bands will literally fit on a postage stamp. Ive played there in a 6 piece and it was tight but I've played on tighter.
    If you've found a the band you want, book them. If you havent found the band you want but just want brass theres a good few 5 & 6 pieces with brass if that was your main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Plankton1 wrote: »

We've played here a couple of times and we're a ten piece soul/Motown outfit. Was it tight? Yes. Uncomfortable? Certainly not. We find it easy though because a lot of the band have wireless microphones and in ear monitors. As the professionals above have said-us musicians are very flexible with space. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

We've had to cancel our wedding on July 2nd and are now looking at a venue for August 20th. We had The Mixtape booked for July 2nd but they're not available for our new date (now available for July 2nd though if anyone wants to upgrade!). Does anyone know of any other good bands with a somewhat indie/rock/alternative repertoire we should be looking at? The Hitmen Trio were another one we liked but are unavailable.

Music is important to us and tbh we really dislike most wedding bands so aren't too optimistic of finding someone else we like at such short notice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 chunkylover76

We've had to cancel our wedding on July 2nd and are now looking at a venue for August 20th. We had The Mixtape booked for July 2nd but they're not available for our new date (now available for July 2nd though if anyone wants to upgrade!). Does anyone know of any other good bands with a somewhat indie/rock/alternative repertoire we should be looking at? The Hitmen Trio were another one we liked but are unavailable.

Music is important to us and tbh we really dislike most wedding bands so aren't too optimistic of finding someone else we like at such short notice :(

hi there.
    i believe I can help you with my band.
    can you give me a call or pm me your contact
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

Hi sorry about the delayed response to your answers! Here is a link to give an idea of space - they have a portable stage but the coordinator said most bands don't bother to use the stage at all. As we will have over 150 guests I would just be afraid it would take up loads of the dancefloor?
    http://cdn-02.independent.ie/style/weddings/article31609865.ece/706d1/ALTERNATES/w620/2015-10-17_sty_13586416_I4.JPG

Also open to recommendations as haven't booked anyone yet, still looking! 5/6 piece with brass also defo an option!
    thanks guys

Advertisement