Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lol same I will be booking Friday the 4th off work and have the pre-order on PSN. Although I disagree with you regarding Ghosts being better then AW, I loved AW after the grey overlarge maps, just boring I got to the top prestige and stopped playing it, with AW I reached Master Prestige and kept playing it and enjoying their version of Arena mode which is far superior to Black Ops 3 version!
    Anyway the hype is real, more so for the remake of Cod4 which will have multiplayer!

Ghosts had some cracking maps though one or two were too big ruin I think was it?? Absolutely insanely big full of dopes camping with heat seeker scopes

My psn is mondo83 what's yours we can get some games going

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Ghosts had some cracking maps though one or two were too big ruin I think was it?? Absolutely insanely big full of dopes camping with heat seeker scopes

My psn is mondo83 what's yours we can get some games going

Ghosts had some cracking maps ahahahahahaha :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Ghosts had some cracking maps ahahahahahaha :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:.
    strike zone
    freefall
    warhawk
    my three favourites

strike zone
    freefall
    warhawk
    my three favourites

Freefall oh god :pac::pac::pac:

Freefall oh god :pac::pac::pac:
    what was wrong with freefall? very unusual map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gonna have to find out if you can get MW separately.

That Infinite sh*te can lick me Dick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I feel a little choked up :rolleyes:

Because, remastered

Worth watching for the last 10 seconds alone...
    Checked PlayStation store but not up yet for pre-order
    Not really liking the Infinite Warfare trailer, I would say majority will buy it just for MW1, I doubt you will be allowed to buy it separately as its a strategy to make sure you have to buy infinite Warfare if you want MW1. I would also suggest that the dlc maps on MW1 will be tied to you buying the IW mappacks as well! It's all about making money for Activisin and their shareholders!

http://charlieintel.com/2016/05/02/raven-software-developing-call-duty-4-modern-warfare-remastered-crashbacklotcrossfire-maps-confirmed/

This is good news Raven are the developers of the next gen MW1 they are the boys who worked on MW3 and are the call of duty online game in China which looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I'd be surprised if they didn't release it for purchase on its own a couple of months after the release of Infinite Warfare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'd say it'll be a download code included In the box, so would expect it to pop up on eBay and adverts etc.

• Advertisement

Balls to that! I see pre-orders are up on the PSN store €69.99 for the base game, 89.99 for base game and Cod4 and €109.99 for base game Cod4 and season pass.
    The kicker is immediate payment! So previous years try would take the cash a few days before release now they want immediate payment? I'll be waiting until The week of release to pre-order.
    The only thing that might get you to pay now is they are giving away 1000 COD points for Blops3 on all pre-orders!

Beta for Infinate Warfare looks like will happen code spotted on shop pre-orders and on a Target pre-order card in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bit of a warning, the digital pre-order has content for the current games so if you buy that you're charged now in full as you're getting content now.

what was wrong with freefall? very unusual map

I'll answer that with another question. What isn't wrong with Freefall? It's a horrible, awful, atrocious map - my second most hated map as a matter of fact (after Stonehaven which is not surprisingly, also in COD Ghosts).

News: Sryan Bruen will not be buying Infinite Warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

News: Sryan Bruen will not be buying Infinite Warfare.
    Your decision has changed my day, my life and my heart-felt feelings about life in general.

Your decision has changed my day, my life and my heart-felt feelings about life in general.

LOL

Like come on? Leave zombies to Treyarch and Infinity Ward bring back Spec Ops!

Man this game is getting a bad response for the trailer One Million dislikes vs the 256K likes, I think this year might be the defining moment in the franchise, I also think people are jumping the gun I mean we are only seeing campaign footage in the trailer! Wait until we at least see some multiplayer footage! I wonder how this will affect the development of AW2, which j was looking forward to?
    I am going to hold fire, I'm not even remotely impressed with the Battlefield One trailer, looks more like a re-skinned Battlefield 4, plus remember the release of that and a years worth of patches to get it playable!
    I think this is mostly a backlash against Activison for not selling the Remastered MW1 separately and the whole supply drops fiasco with a little bit of the Ghost was rubbish thrown in as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Man this game is getting a bad response for the trailer One Million dislikes vs the 256K likes, I think this year might be the defining moment in the franchise, I also think people are jumping the gun I mean we are only seeing campaign footage in the trailer! Wait until we at least see some multiplayer footage! I wonder how this will affect the development of AW2, which j was looking forward to?
    I am going to hold fire, I'm not even remotely impressed with the Battlefield One trailer, looks more like a re-skinned Battlefield 4, plus remember the release of that and a years worth of patches to get it playable!
    I think this is mostly a backlash against Activison for not selling the Remastered MW1 separately and the whole supply drops fiasco with a little bit of the Ghost was rubbish thrown in as well!

:pac::pac::pac: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Like come on? Leave zombies to Treyarch and Infinity Ward bring back Spec Ops!

Zombies saved COD in so many ways, some people only buy the game for that mode alone. It's no surprise the other teams are ripping off Treyarch, but yeah I agree with you it should be kept to Trey let the others find their own alternate mode.

Spec Ops was that co-op mode from the MW games right? I liked that was a change from the MP, same way I like that alien mode Ghosts had (which had a few things I wish Zombies had), it's nice to have another game mode that isn't PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,876 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just my tuppence worth. If there are backpacks, wall-running or anything like that, I will pass thanks.

Call me old-fashioned but get the basics right, i.e. maps, spawning and appropriately powered weapons and that's probably all any CoD fan wants.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Just my tuppence worth. If there are backpacks, wall-running or anything like that, I will pass thanks.

Call me old-fashioned but get the basics right, i.e. maps, spawning and appropriately powered weapons and that's probably all any CoD fan wants.

But they are covering both bases with both futuristic in IW and boots on the ground with MW1, I think the reason for so many dislikes is more to do with not being able to buy MW1 separately so people think by disliking the trailer on YouTube will force Activision to make it available separately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I'd bet anything that sometime in 2017, cod4 will go on general sale. Makes no sense for them to leave it behind the full paywall of infinite warfare forever. They'll use it to help boost initial sales of the game, then when the hype dies down a few months later, release it on it's own.
    As for the trailer, the tiny bit of exo jumping or whatever you want to call it looked very like black ops 3, same kind of flow and momentum. I'd be fine with that, I really like the movement in black ops 3. Ill be paying no attention to the number of dislikes a small trailer of the campaign has, it was more a bandwagon jumping dislike than anything. I'm looking forward to the new game, infinity ward have made my favourite cods thus far, they always have great hit detection and connection

Very true! I'd say we will get another remaster bundled with Advanced Warfare 2 next year Probably with a remastered MW2. Then I think the 2018 Treyarch release will be a World War 2 Boots on the ground Cod probably WAW2 hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

questions ?

proper servers or that match making crap

Why didn't they just put if up for sale , Remastered that is ...and if you took it you got a discount of there new wonderfully unattractive Infinate cash crop.

Joeface wrote: »
    questions ?

proper servers or that match making crap

Why didn't they just put if up for sale , Remastered that is ...and if you took it you got a discount of there new wonderfully unattractive Infinate cash crop.

...typing this as I actually reinstall old COD4 for a blast form the past :D
    Activision want to sell the new game but because of all the negative feedback that surrounded Ghosts most players were dreading this years release so as an added bonus/marketing ploy they decided to get Ravan Software to do a remastered MW1 and thus boost sales of this years release. If they didn't bundle them imagine the embarrassment to have a remastered game outsell your new edition of Call of Duty. That's why I don't think we will see these unbundled until COD 2017 is released.
    As for dedicated servers, the usual of mixed peer to peer and dedicated servers although Ravan Software have stated they would have dedicate servers

well suppose my uncultured nephew can buy Infinate Warfare and then gift me COD 4 remastered

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

So lots of us are dreading this years release after all it's from Infinity Ward, but not the Infinity Ward that gave us Modern Warfare 1 and 2, no this the crowd that gave us Ghosts which was one of the most boring Call of Dutys ever made! The maps were Huge and badly designed, kill streaks were pretty crap and it just did nothing for me! Since then Mark Rubin who was the executive producer of Ghosts has left the studio, Todd Alderman joined from Respawn he was the original IW team and was going to head up the multiplayer development but went back to Respawn after 4 months, which is kind of ominous for the project! Since then they have hired 3 Naughty Dog employees to work on the project.
    So for the last couple of months rumours and speculation have been flying around about what the next Call of Duty will be? Most fans wanted a "boots on the ground" MW4, but a UK magazine TMUK stated that it would be Ghosts 2 then a rumour from an industry insider about the new Nintendo NX console said Call of Duty would be coming to it and it would be called Bloodlines.
    But now an Industry Insider called Shinobi602 who was right about Blops 3 would have cybernetics and wall running stated this years title would be set very far into the future and based around space combat!
    From my point of view this does not bode well for this years release I'd nearly take Ghosts 2 over gravity jumping space wars, if I wanted that I'd play Destiny or Halo! So I'm hoping this rumour will change again, but we should get some campaign footage at E3!
    Maybe that's why Treyarch added on 1000 additional levels they know players will stick with Blops 3 for another year!
    What do you want to see in this years Call of Duty? Would you take a Ghosts 2 or MW4 over the Space Call of Duty ?
    Me personally, although I know it won't happen,a good old 2nd world war shoot it up,

• Advertisement

ooh Remastered Call of Duty 2 .

Advertisement