Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Now we're at 50!

Name|Score
    D4z|80-90
    Redboy12345|80-90
    resp5|80-90
    Autumn sunset|70-80
    Chez123|70-80
    ChiefWiggum.|70-80
    Ejb1788|70-80
    El Ahrairah|70-80
    Gnik91|70-80
    JD2020|70-80
    LadyABC|70-80
    mkelly123|70-80
    newfoundglory|70-80
    RTGeorge8910|70-80
    TheCub|70-80
    wannabe2010|70-80
    yet another lurker|70-80
    Barkly|60-70
    BigEye2016|60-70
    blueboat|60-70
    Bunsen1burner|60-70
    ccbni|60-70
    Chasethedream|60-70
    Drummer64|60-70
    Goonerdee|60-70
    Homer01|60-70
    Johannes_Cabal|60-70
    Kalel90|60-70
    Maxi515|60-70
    meestawhips|60-70
    Momc82|60-70
    PCWannabe|60-70
    roboturnip|60-70
    shanevendrell|60-70
    swl33t|60-70
    Sydnor87|60-70
    Tricop|60-70
    Anotherhopeful|55-60
    Bluenose89|55-60
    ccfckyle|55-60
    coolhand50|55-60
    MrBlack93|55-60
    RedmondHR|55-60
    Timetravel|55-60
    letsdoit2013|?
    networksearch1|?
    pastiesupper|?
    SamC321|?
    SneakyBeaky|?
    ZeGerman|?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Hi Folks, First timer here aswell. Passed my Ac with 77%, also got letter last Friday from PSNi, just keeping an eye in post box and email everyday lol. Is the fitness test really that challenging?

Great forum bdw with lots of helpful information.

PCWannabe wrote: »
    Hey guys, I would refrain from contacting them. They made it clear they shouldn't be contacted unless you need to update your info. It was only an acknowledgement letter. I appreciate that everyone is keen to get the letters but ringing them won't get it out to you any sooner, its just taking up more of their time. I would see it different if everyone had their letters and you were concerned about yours maybe getting lost in the post or something.

I do agree with this. If they specifically ask you not to contact and then you do well ...

I'm certainly not a fan of upsetting any apple carts especially since I really want this particular apple cart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Sorry guys, only finding this thread.
    I'm 65-70

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

FOI request through. 905 passed.....146 over 50, 590 over 60, 155 over 70 and 14 over 80%.

2121 people attended so that would be why they lowered the pass mark.

• Advertisement

FOI request through. 905 passed.....146 over 50, 590 over 60, 155 over 70 and 14 over 80%.

In comparison 908 passed in C2

Interesting stuff. They clearly tinker with the AC each year and this time they tinkered too much.

It does pretty much mirror our own 'squad' here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chasethedream

With these numbers everyone with a pass is in with a chance hopefully , time to get fit and remain stand up members of the community !

Homer01 wrote: »
    Interesting stuff. They clearly tinker with the AC each year and this time they tinkered too much.

It does pretty much mirror our own 'squad' here :D

Yep, if they intend to take similar number to the last campaign, there is a real possibility of reaching the lower marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Really? First thought there was that anyone under 63ish had no chance ?

• Advertisement

Really? First thought there was that anyone under 63ish had no chance ?

There will unfortunately be candidates that don't pass the PSNI administered stages and that will cut the merit list further.

The majority of candidates scored 60-70 and even at that most could have scored low 60's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tomahawk7

Hi all. New to this and think its a fantastic idea!! Got an AC score of 55-60 to add to the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Probably a couple of stupid questions but:

1. Those that scored over 70 and 80, I take it they're not included in the total for those who scored over 60?

2. Was the pass mark lowered because of lower attendance rates are because they needed a certain percentage of candidates to progress?

Sydnor87 wrote: »
    Probably a couple of stupid questions but:

1. Those that scored over 70 and 80, I take it they're not included in the total for those who scored over 60?

2. Was the pass mark lowered because of lower attendance rates are because they needed a certain percentage of candidates to progress?

Nope not stupid at all, each score range is separate, so the over 60 only includes 60-69.

I'd say they have an idea of how many people they need/want and a fair idea from previous years of how many will pass or fail the remaining stages and they adjust the pass mark accordingly.

Any ideas on average how many have been taken on from previous campaigns?

Any ideas on average how many have been taken on from previous campaigns?

I asked previously what the squad sizes were and was told approx 40+ (but can vary) and I'm almost certain the latest calls were for intake 10 (may) so round about 50% (actual figure is maths I can't do).

Edit- about 400 odd.

A bit selfish but I'm hoping for a few drop-outs along the way.

A bit selfish but I'm hoping for a few drop-outs along the way.

Could happen.

It's a long process, we could still be sat here in the same position a year from now, that might be too much for some folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Obviously since the campaign was launched there have been what 3/4 new squads getting calls and possibly good portion of those could be included in these numbers as people who had done this as a fall back and no longer need to be involved in the process.

Well so I'm hoping anyways.

Obviously since the campaign was launched there have been what 3/4 new squads getting calls and possibly good portion of those could be included in these numbers as people who had done this as a fall back and no longer need to be involved in the process.

Well so I'm hoping anyways.

I think I seen some post that they had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I'm just catching up with this thread today. Beginning to worry a bit as I've had no letter. I live in North Down and scored 65-70. My name is begging of alphabet both first and surname. UID early also......

It is a horrible thought to come this far and think it could go no further but the previous campaigns have taken in large amounts and continued to work down the list picking people out of this campaign who had scored 60-63 last year to be progressed ... so we can only hope that out of the 900 that even the last 100 will get called up

Don't forget of the 169 that scored 70%+ a proportion could fail PCA, vetting or medical. Or just drop out for some reason.
    Then they go to the next on the list :)

I'm still feeling pretty confident even with the upcoming elections and possible new Justice Minister.
    If they put a hold on recruitment this could be last campaign for while so they could exhaust the list. Or they could want to boost numbers and again exhaust the list.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

Add your reply here.

I had a similar request in and got the same answer obviously.

I noted that yours asked how many they were taking depending on funding. Did they answer that bit?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

60-70 for me. sorry for the delay, only coming across this thread now.

Also no letter

Add your reply here.

I noted that yours asked how many they were taking depending on funding. Did they answer that bit?

Thanks

Hi,

I didn't submit the request I just happened to see it a few days ago so (on the 'whatdotheyknow' website) so I registered to receive an email when any updates occurred. I didn't notice if they answered that section though.

I followed another one that was worded slightly different but it hasn't been answered yet.

Would be interesting to see if there was a similar request for the previous campaign.

Add your reply here.

Thanks

Hi,

I didn't submit the request I just happened to see it a few days ago so (on the 'whatdotheyknow' website) so I registered to receive an email when any updates occurred. I didn't notice if they answered that section though.

I followed another one that was worded slightly different but it hasn't been answered yet.
    Add your reply here.
    Ah

The other one would be mine. They have answered it with a similar answer.

Would be interesting to see if there was a similar request for the previous campaign.
    Add your reply here.
    There was. Their intention on the previous campaign was for 378 recruits I think. However that is just from memory.
    The number of passes is very similar obviously so I'm hazarding a guess they may have a similar plan for this campaign. The previous one was set back by funding cuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

Hey guys first time poster on here and have to say it's a great thread. You may find it of interest that they need to recruit new officers into 2019 if funding permits. So I think this intake could be as large as previous ones but as usual slow in the processing.

Advertisement