Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Maybe we should start a support group...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Maybe we should start a support group...

Yep, I know it doesn't actually mean that much but if they're sending them out I'd quite like one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Letters only went out on Saturday, everyone chill lol

We can get a good idea about the Merit thing by simply asking is anyone still waiting on a letter with a score over 70?

If not then yes they probably only sent them out to top scores, I would imagine 65+.

If they take 11 sqauds then that's around 400 people I think. We can do it!!!!
    Add your reply here.

I am waiting on a letter. My score was over 70.
    However I can confirm my letter has been sent. I just haven't got it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Homer01 wrote: »
    Yep, I know it doesn't actually mean that much but if they're sending them out I'd quite like one :D

At least we have been left hanging with such great company lol

Add your reply here.

I am waiting on a letter. My score was over 70.
    However I can confirm my letter has been sent. I just haven't got it yet.

How can you confirm it?

• Advertisement

I called.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

I called.

Who, what, where??? LOL

If you call recruitment.... Whats the worst that can happen?

Oooo too scared!!!

They're just people
    Worst they can say is no.

• Advertisement

I called.

Short answer to a short question; perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

70-80 score and received my letter on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

High 60's and mine cane today! Could be in batches by AC score, 60-65 tomorrow possibly?

I'll give them a call if nothing has come tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

"I called" This has opened a can of worms haha... I'm debating calling them now and asking PCA/Vetting forms . I'm due to go away most of June and have a few Accomodation venues to pay off in May etc..Don't really want to spend anymore money if that's going to clash :S

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyABC

Don't panic everyone, it'll arrive soon I am sure. Hopefully tomorrow! I love how we all turn anything in to the da Vinci code lol and this is only the acknowledgment letter.....can you imagine when the vet forms start arriving :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Tricop

Im middle of alphabet too and middle of postcode numbers so cant help with either!!

I wonder if anyone who received the letters could shed a little light on it for us.
    Add your reply here.
    I did get letter. I scored in 65-70 bracket; Although my surname is near beginning of alphabet, my 1st name is other end; i live in NW; i only applied day or 2 before closing date....so who knows what system, if any, is being used! I'd suggest not wrecking brain trying to work it out as going by C2, patience = sanity lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

"I called" This has opened a can of worms haha... I'm debating calling them now and asking PCA/Vetting forms . I'm due to go away most of June and have a few Accomodation venues to pay off in May etc..Don't really want to spend anymore money if that's going to clash :S

I wish I knew dates as I'm leaving on holiday this week and the last time I went I put on a stone and a half in the 2 weeks, I guess I just need to eat less and swim more :(

Don't think we will hear in the next 2 weeks but I'd like to know if I can get fat and work it off again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 meestawhips

Hello everyone, first time poster here after lurking for a while.

I scored 60-70 in AC.

With regards to the letter, friend of mine sat the AC in Jan and got his letter on Sat. Could they possibly be sending them out in that sort of order? eg, people who sat AC first?

apologies in advance if someone has already said this :angel:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

I scored 60-70 in AC.

With regards to the letter, friend of mine sat the AC in Jan and got his letter on Sat. Could they possibly be sending them out in that sort of order? eg, people who sat AC first?

I did AC mid Feb and got the letter over the weekend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

I scored 60-70 in AC.

Add your reply here.

I was the last group to do AC and I got mine on sat. I honestly think they are just sending them to everyone and it's just taking a few days to get through them all

Updated table takes us to 49!

Name|Score
    D4z|80-90
    Redboy12345|80-90
    resp5|80-90
    Autumn sunset|70-80
    Chez123|70-80
    ChiefWiggum.|70-80
    Ejb1788|70-80
    El Ahrairah|70-80
    Gnik91|70-80
    JD2020|70-80
    LadyABC|70-80
    newfoundglory|70-80
    RTGeorge8910|70-80
    TheCub|70-80
    wannabe2010|70-80
    yet another lurker|70-80
    Barkly|60-70
    BigEye2016|60-70
    blueboat|60-70
    Bunsen1burner|60-70
    ccbni|60-70
    Chasethedream|60-70
    Drummer64|60-70
    Goonerdee|60-70
    Homer01|60-70
    Johannes_Cabal|60-70
    Kalel90|60-70
    Maxi515|60-70
    meestawhips|60-70
    PCWannabe|60-70
    roboturnip|60-70
    shanevendrell|60-70
    swl33t|60-70
    Sydnor87|60-70
    Tricop|60-70
    Anotherhopeful|55-60
    Bluenose89|55-60
    ccfckyle|55-60
    coolhand50|55-60
    MrBlack93|55-60
    RedmondHR|55-60
    Timetravel|55-60
    letsdoit2013|?
    Momc82|?
    networksearch1|?
    pastiesupper|?
    SamC321|?
    SneakyBeaky|?
    ZeGerman|?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Autumn sunset

Letter arrived on Saturday, applied on deadline day and sat my AC early Feb with 70%... Must be random enough, though the letter says very little so wouldn't worry about it being a bit late lol, good quality paper tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Could be random enough, certainly it doesn't go by AC date. Might go by score, my colleague who scored high-60's got her letter on Saturday while myself with a score in the low 60's and a second colleague with a score in the 50's haven't received anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Sydnor87 wrote: »
    Could be random enough, certainly it doesn't go by AC date. Might go by score, my colleague who scored high-60's got her letter on Saturday while myself with a score in the low 60's and a second colleague with a score in the 50's haven't received anything yet.

I reckon it is AC score dependant, now that more people have received them it does appear to be running down the merit list. It seems 70+ got it Saturday and possibly mid to high 60's today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Friend got over 70AC got his letter sat, I got 55-60 and nothing yet. Wouldnt worry really. They'll come soon probably

Nothing in post here!

Not even election junk mail; feeling unloved :(

Homer01 wrote: »
    Not even election junk mail; feeling unloved :(

Ahhhh we love ya, who else would compile our lists!!!

How do ya get in touch with recruitment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Hey guys, I would refrain from contacting them. They made it clear they shouldn't be contacted unless you need to update your info. It was only an acknowledgement letter. I appreciate that everyone is keen to get the letters but ringing them won't get it out to you any sooner, its just taking up more of their time. I would see it different if everyone had their letters and you were concerned about yours maybe getting lost in the post or something.

Advertisement