Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyABC

LadyABC wrote: »
    PCWannabe wrote: »
    No letter for me. Panicking as ahhh I need more time
    for fitness!! Working out as hard and much as I can but no where near ready!

I'm exactly the same. I was high 60s so imagine it's still a while away. Well I hope it is! I sacked off the training after the AC as I really didn't think it went well. Boy am I regretting that now! Just get the head down and train hard hard hard! I've invested in a PT to help me get to where I need to be fitness wise for it.
    Add your reply here.

I can't afford a PT at the moment but would love one. I'm trying hard, I have to shift at least a stone...two ideally....as well as getting fit so I'm just so cross with myself for not having faith in AC. I came out feeling like I had answered like a child!
    Add your reply here.
    Add your reply here.

The guys in my local leisure centre gym were fab and set up programmes for me to follow and it's all only 24 per month for anytime gym!!! Be worth lookin into if there's one near ya
    Add your reply here.

I'm not that close sadly but doing next best thing. Hope it's enough. Anytime I waver on focus I just come on here and the nerves make me go do exercise lol

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

No letter today, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

Didn't get mine yet. post is late I hope

Didn't get mine yet. post is late I hope

I wonder if they have just selected a certain number of candidates at random, across a range of AC scores as there doesn't seem to be any pattern to those who have received letters so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

I wonder if they have just selected a certain number of candidates at random, across a range of AC scores as there doesn't seem to be any pattern to those who have received letters so far.

Could it be alphabetical on surname or by your postcode?

• Advertisement

Could it be alphabetical on surname or by your postcode?

No idea... I'm from Belfast so would have thought if it was based on post code I'd be one of the first.

Although middle of the alphabet with my surname so that would make sense.

No idea... I'm from Belfast so would have thought if it was based on post code I'd be one of the first.

Although middle of the alphabet with my surname so that would make sense.

Im middle of alphabet too and middle of postcode numbers so cant help with either!!

Im middle of alphabet too and middle of postcode numbers so cant help with either!!

I wonder if anyone who received the letters could shed a little light on it for us.

I wonder if anyone who received the letters could shed a little light on it for us.

Oooo that would be helpful if they could!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

My surname and first name would be middle of the alphabet, score was high 60s and live in North Down and seem to be the first batch to have received the letter. Don't know if this helps anyone at all. Seems to be random.

• Advertisement

PCWannabe wrote: »
    My surname and first name would be middle of the alphabet, score was high 60s and live in North Down and seem to be the first batch to have received the letter. Don't know if this helps anyone at all. Seems to be random.

Damn that blows a hole in the postcode and surname theory.

At the minute it does just seem to be random.

What about if they are going by UID numbers???

What about if they are going by UID numbers???

Could be, although I applied quite early the day it opened, but I'm sure hundreds of others did aswell.

Us two, 2 super sleuths!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ccbni

Hi all. Been watching in back round a while. I got 60-70s on AC. My letter didn't arrive this morning as postman just been.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyABC

Turns out I did get the letter on Saturday presumably. Someone failed to mention it '-'. I'm low 70's. Could be as simple as how many envelopes they can get through in a day.

Turns out I did get the letter on Saturday presumably. Someone failed to mention it '-'. I'm low 70's. Could be as simple as how many envelopes they can get through in a day.

It's how they are deciding who gets letters first that I'm confused about.

It's how they are deciding who gets letters first that I'm confused about.

There has to be a system surely, what have we forgot about?
    AC date? Location?

There has to be a system surely, what have we forgot about?
    AC date? Location?

It could be UID number, but we have no way of finding that out.

It could be merit order and by a huge coincidence all the top scorers are posting on here and they just haven't got down to us.

Can you remember the lowest AC score who received the letter?

I think there was a 60-70 score but defo not a 55-60 score yet!

• Advertisement

I think there was a 60-70 score but defo not a 55-60 score yet!

Yeah I had a look through there now and they are all top scores, a few in 60-70 but I'd assume they are mid to high 60's.

We just need to sit tight and hopefully we will hear soon enough, we are in the same bracket but just as the lower end.

Could have been several hundred letters sent out just to ensure that they can fill the first few squads, considering there will be PCA fails/resits, medical fails and vetting fails/ holding people up, they would need to have enough people progressing through.

I'd take it as a good sign that they have got so low in the list of AC scores already, only stands to reason that we 'should' be included in the next batch if/when that happens.

Yeah I had a look through there now and they are all top scores, a few in 60-70 but I'd assume they are mid to high 60's.

We just need to sit tight and hopefully we will hear soon enough, we are in the same bracket but just as the lower end.

Could have been several hundred letters sent out just to ensure that they can fill the first few squads, considering there will be PCA fails/resits, medical fails and vetting fails/ holding people up, they would need to have enough people progressing through.

I'd take it as a good sign that they have got so low in the list of AC scores already, only stands to reason that we 'should' be included in the next batch if/when that happens.

Excellent points, I'll stick with this and hopefully get word soon!!

Excellent points, I'll stick with this and hopefully get word soon!!

When the first lot start receiving PCA dates etc I wouldn't be surprised if we got letters around then.

At least we will have plenty of time to prep for the PCA.

When the first lot start receiving PCA dates etc I wouldn't be surprised if we got letters around then.

At least we will have plenty of time to prep for the PCA.

Yip a wee bit longer would work better for me too!!

Wonder how many squads they are aiming for this time around?

Wonder how many squads they are aiming for this time around?

Hopefully along the same lines as C1 and 2, I think C1 had approx 11, not too sure about this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Letters only went out on Saturday, everyone chill lol

We can get a good idea about the Merit thing by simply asking is anyone still waiting on a letter with a score over 70?

If not then yes they probably only sent them out to top scores, I would imagine 65+.

If they take 11 sqauds then that's around 400 people I think. We can do it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Post came, can confirm I'm heartbroken, just Tescos junk today lol

Nope nowt for me either just B&Q junk!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Low 60's and early UID number.
    Most importantly no post :(

Advertisement