Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Add your reply here.

Have just been trying to work out where I am on the mysterious list. I just wanted to know if people think the size of the merit list would he roughly the same this year as last year?
    Having looked around For FOI requests for last year I found 810 were passed to the PSNI for their merit list.

I appreciate the pass mark is different this year. We seem to have 39 results on here from passers. I would suggest the people on here may be more likely to pass the AC.

Does it seem reasonable (it's just a thought) to suggest the following :

I'm in the 70-80 bracket. Out of the 39 passers, 16 are above 70.

If that is applied to the number of around 810 it would suggest around 332 people are above 70.
    Seem right? I appreciate the numbers could actually be different but I don't have the ones for this year......YET

There are two FOI requests in for this campaign. They should be answered soon enough so we'll know in the next few weeks how many candidates have scored in each score bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Tricop

Barkly wrote: »
    Anyone else get an acknowledgment letter today? States that online learning will be running adjacent to vetting/PCA/medical/SMT.
    Add your reply here.
    Yip...got mine :) hopefully will progress faster than the 2 year suffering for those i C2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Anyone else get an acknowledgment letter today? States that online learning will be running adjacent to vetting/PCA/medical/SMT.

Got mine today, gasped when I opened and seen the PSNI logo!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

D4z wrote: »

Add your reply here.
    What exactly is in the letter? Does it confirm your application is progressing basically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Add your reply here.
    What exactly is in the letter? Does it confirm your application is progressing basically?

States my application is being processed through the remaining stages of the selection process and to be aware the online learning process will run parallel with the remaining stages.

Then asks not to contact their office with enquiries as it will delay their administration and that they will contact us as soon as they're in a position to provide us with additional information on the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Ejb1788

I got a letter today too....

It says, as you are aware you are on a merit list and they can now confirm that my application is being processed through the remaining stages of the process...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

Add your reply here.

States my application is being processed through the remaining stages of the selection process and to be aware the online learning process will run parallel with the remaining stages.

Then asks not to contact their office with enquiries as it will delay their administration and that they will contact us as soon as they're in a position to provide us with additional information on the process.
    Add your reply here.
    Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

Got my letter today Aswell :) Near died when I opened it. Was getting used to the waiting idea then this got me all excited again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Tricop

Add your reply here.
    Add your reply here.
    Basically, yes progressing....let them know if any change of details, blahblah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Will everyone get the same letter or is it just for those who have received higher end scores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Sydnor87 wrote: »
    Will everyone get the same letter or is it just for those who have received higher end scores?

Everyone will get the same. If you look at who got a letter it varies from the top end to the lower end.

Could be sent out it batches according to surname, postcode or completely random. I would imagine we'll all have one by mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Just in the door from work... Received my letter today also :). Had been getting myself calmed down from the results and this has started me off again. Quite sad but actually made it feel a bit more real having a letter from the Psni. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Just in the door from work... Received my letter today also :). Had been getting myself calmed down from the results and this has started me off again. Quite sad but actually made it feel a bit more real having a letter from the Psni. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Guys, you's will now find that correspondence from the PSNI will gather some speed. It may become a bit overwhelming as you start to realise the pace at which you will now progress. The main thing to do is breathe, and not to panic. Also, don't let it go to your head.

It is scary - I know. But you all want it, so your time will come. Enjoy the ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Got my letter today also. Haven't posted in a long time. Was not confident at all! I'm in the 60-70 bracket :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Gah! Really want mine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I got the same letter today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Found this article from ten years ago. Still a very interesting read.
    Written in time before Sinn Fein supported the PSNI and when no PSNI officers had been killed.

Funny line at the end when the reporter gets in a taxi outside Garnervile. The taxi driver assumes he is a police officer so he says he is a journalist. Taxi driver says he has never once known a policeman to come out of that place lol

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/12427687.CHANGING_OF_THE_GUARD_She_is_25_years_old__a_Catholic_and_a_mother_of_two__She_apos_s_also_the_face_of_the_police_force_in_Northern_Ireland__five_years_after_the_abolition_of_the_controversial_RUC__So_has_the_makeover_worked_in_a_province_still_riven_with/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyABC

No letter for me. Panicking as ahhh I need more time for fitness!! Working out as hard and much as I can but no where near ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

No letter for me yet either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

LadyABC wrote: »
    No letter for me. Panicking as ahhh I need more time for fitness!! Working out as hard and much as I can but no where near ready!

I'm the same!!!!! Neeeeed more time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 El Ahrairah

I've the letter too. Shocked...never expected to hear anything so soon!

I'm exactly the same. I was high 60s so imagine it's still a while away. Well I hope it is! I sacked off the training after the AC as I really didn't think it went well. Boy am I regretting that now! Just get the head down and train hard hard hard! I've invested in a PT to help me get to where I need to be fitness wise for it.
    Add your reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

No letter here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

I would echo something that someone has said earlier in that I think that many of those with the highest scores on this board will be the exception rather than the rule.

In joining this board we've actively sought out an edge on our competitors. We've joined to share experiences, gain hints and have a fair understanding of what to expect in each of the stages.

Not everyone will have scored massively. Like I said last week, we should cling to the hope that with funding down, the wiser move would be to exhaust a merit list rather than continually have to pay Deloitte to setup new campaigns.

PCWannabe wrote: »

I'm exactly the same. I was high 60s so imagine it's still a while away. Well I hope it is! I sacked off the training after the AC as I really didn't think it went well. Boy am I regretting that now! Just get the head down and train hard hard hard! I've invested in a PT to help me get to where I need to be fitness wise for it.
    Add your reply here.

I can't afford a PT at the moment but would love one. I'm trying hard, I have to shift at least a stone...two ideally....as well as getting fit so I'm just so cross with myself for not having faith in AC. I came out feeling like I had answered like a child!
    Add your reply here.

Add your reply here.

I can't afford a PT at the moment but would love one. I'm trying hard, I have to shift at least a stone...two ideally....as well as getting fit so I'm just so cross with myself for not having faith in AC. I came out feeling like I had answered like a child!
    Add your reply here.

To be honest he isn't teaching me or telling me stuff I don't already know. I just need someone to push me and someone to commit two every week. I feel like before when I failed the PCA I only disappointed myself but I'll have that extra push to do better as I'll be letting him down as well.

You can do it! Just work your backside off between now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

No letter for me. Panicking as ahhh I need more time
    for fitness!! Working out as hard and much as I can but no where near ready!

Add your reply here.

Add your reply here.
    Add your reply here.

The guys in my local leisure centre gym were fab and set up programmes for me to follow and it's all only 24 per month for anytime gym!!! Be worth lookin into if there's one near ya

To be honest he isn't teaching me or telling me stuff I don't already know. I just need someone to push me and someone to commit two every week. I feel like before when I failed the PCA I only disappointed myself but I'll have that extra push to do better as I'll be letting him down as well.

You can do it! Just work your backside off between now and then[/quote]
    Add your reply here.

Sounds like a good plan! Did u fail on time last time? Be honest..how tough was it? What did you find hardest. I reckon the wall will kill me by the time I'm tired second, third time round.

• Advertisement

Sorry just made that really confusing by editing the quote but forgot the entry part. Doh!

Advertisement