Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

'Big tasty' can I ask when you got your progression letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Psni26 wrote: »
    'Big tasty' can I ask when you got your progression letter?

Medical on Tuesday, pass letter received yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JROB

2-3 weeks after the initial call for induction weekend isn't a great deal of time. I'm assuming some people like myself will work shifts and not a monday- Friday 9-5 job, which would make this time frame a bit difficult given a one month notice period is required by the majority of employers. This worries me slightly.

I'm just thinking out loud here peeps, not necessarily complaining. I'm still in the waiting room and may not even get get a call, I'm just trying to look at things from all angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

JROB wrote:
    2-3 weeks after the initial call for induction weekend isn't a great deal of time. I'm assuming some people like myself will work shifts and not a monday- Friday 9-5 job, which would make this time frame a bit difficult given a one month notice period is required by the majority of employers. This worries me slightly.

Hmm. I know what you mean, but I was lucky enough to know my employers well enough to be able to tell them I was applying. If it came to the bit. Would you not be able to claim holiday days as the sat and Sunday are 8.30 to 5? I know you're coming from overseas, you see the extreme side of the timing. I'm at the opposite end and think that 6 weeks notice is too long. But that's me with no children and a permanent job that can be dropped at a weeks notice, not a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Hmm. I know what you mean, but I was lucky enough to know my employers well enough to be able to tell them I was applying. If it came to the bit. Would you not be able to claim holiday days as the sat and Sunday are 8.30 to 5? I know you're coming from overseas, you see the extreme side of the timing. I'm at the opposite end and think that 6 weeks notice is too long. But that's me with no children and a permanent job that can be dropped at a weeks notice, not a month.

AHH the life eh?

why are we giving this up again??

• Advertisement

I wish it was that easy Delilahbeau. Any holidays need to be requested 8 weeks I'm advance,and that's even if there are available slots to take.

JROB wrote:
    I wish it was that easy Delilahbeau. Any holidays need to be requested 8 weeks I'm advance,and that's even if there are available slots to take.

Yikes. Im just very lucky to be in the place I'm in at the minute.

I'm more than confident you will get sorted when the time comes. Could you go really really rebel and pretend you had a dodgy curry or something?

why are we giving this up again??

The pension I guess.

I am also an r driver (until the first week of June) who will have an advanced driving course by the end of January next year.

Dem insurance saves brahh.

I am also an r driver (until the first week of June) who will have an advanced driving course by the end of January next year.

Dem insurance saves brahh.

To go with those gainzzzz??

• Advertisement

Holy ****!! I just got the call!!!!!!

JROB wrote: »

haha. congrats buddy. Guess I will be seeing you soon.... :p

if anything like me you'll be pumped with adrenaline all day

can everyone who got a call last week/this week let me know and I will amend original post on the april calls/may intake thread.....

please and thanks :)

JROB wrote:

LAD!!!!!!!!! You're in for may Intake??

I am absolutely thrilled for you!!

I feel sick!!!! And very soon!!!!!!!

I found not looking in the mirror helped me with my sick feeling.
    Welcome ;)

JROB wrote:

Ah, we know the feeling well!!!

If you need any questions answered in the near future about anything, gimme a shout!

Ah I'm so happy for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Sorry big tasty how long was it after to received your letter that your application was being progressed that you started receiving stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Agh JROB don't be telling me that! I'm a nervous wreck now!!!! Congrats!

My heads all over the place right now!! Two years in tje waiting and now it's full steam ahead! Just need to break the news to my best mate that I can't make his stag do or wedding that I'm best man at, to my wife that we need to cut our holiday short, and also that she can't make her bestfriends hen weekend to Barcelona as she's now on mummy duties! **** me! Why do we do it to ourselves lol!

• Advertisement

Cheers whataboutye! Hopefully you'll get a call today too!

Whataboutye, I hope you're getting yours today too.

The squad on the boards is almost ten deep at this point. That has to be a bit of a record. We'll have some Craic at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Psni26 wrote: »
    Sorry big tasty how long was it after to received your letter that your application was being progressed that you started receiving stuff

Ah right sorry, cant remember when exactly I got the letter about them processing my application again, but I got my vetting forms towards the end of January, my PCA invitation letter in the first week of February and then I got my medical invite letter in the towards the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Only passed my medical this week like so I know I'm getting ahead of myself! Still though, all fingers and toes crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bigfish22

Add your reply here.

Congrats!!!! When did you do your medical jrob?

delilahbeau Dingdong1234 Elorfanato iamveryhopeful PCDementedFerret Pcpandaman schmeichel JROB Officer D. O. Nut (VERY GOOD)

Bigfish22 wrote:
    Add your reply here.

Only last week bigfish22

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NDC4

Got the call. Delighted lol

Congrats mate! It's all go now!!

Was I talking to you last week by the way? At the medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 NDC4

Was I talking to you last week by the way? At the medical?
    Aye I think we were talking lol!!

Advertisement