Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Filming starts February 11th.

Tommy Flanagan Cast As One Of The Ravagers In Guardians OF The Galaxy Vol. 2

http://heroichollywood.com/tommy-flanagan-cast-as-one-of-the-ravagers-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lithium93_ wrote: »

http://heroichollywood.com/tommy-flanagan-cast-as-one-of-the-ravagers-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2/

Ah nice one. Love Tommy Flanagan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Pom Klementieff (who according to James Gunn will be playing Mantis(?)), Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan and Kurt Russell also be joining the cast.

Also this

Guardians%20of%20the%20Galaxy%20vol%202.jpg

I like that Groot is still a baby, it's a nice twist and should make for an interesting dynamic

I wonder what Kurt Russell's role in the movie will be?

• Advertisement

Director: Tom Watts (Cop Car)
    Writers: Jonathan M Goldstein & John Francis Daley (Horrible Bosses 1&2, Vacation)
    Cast (so far): Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei, Zendaya

We've been told we're not going to get the origins again (thank Christ) and what with his first appearance being in Civil War I'm really curious where we're going to find Parker in his this new franchise. I love the look of the new costume, I won't post a pic in case people want to avoid spoilers.

To be honest, the two writers don't fill me with confidence. I enjoyed both Horrible Bosses films but they're no more than enjoyable and I feel that most of the gags came from the main trio improvising.

Feige has said that this well be Parker in High School which I like the sound of because they really did brush over his high schools days in the previous films and I think he's also referenced John Hughes when talking about the tone of the film which sounds interesting.

Empire are reporting today that Sony have registered the domain name SpiderManHomecomingTheMovie.com, I'm not familiar with the comics but apparently that was a run which features Cap and Stark. I can definitely see Marvel going with that as well given that this is also Spider-Man coming home to Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I know it's meant to be a different universe but I so hope they don't recast Jameson. JK Simmons owns that role for all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

flazio wrote: »
    I know it's meant to be a different universe but I so hope they don't recast Jameson. JK Simmons owns that role for all time.

Given that he's signed on to play Commissioner Gordon for the DCEU, I doubt he'll be back in the MCU.

flazio wrote: »

There was supposed to have been a leaked cast list ages ago, or maybe it was a wishlist (haven't heard anything about it since so I presume there wasn't much to it) but Hugh Laurie was the name linked to Jameson which would be cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If anyone has successfully avoided Spider-Man's new costume being spoiled, then fair play because it's emblazoned everywhere and seems to be considered fair game to show :D

I recently watched Cop Car and, aside from being a pretty good movie in its own right, one of the things that struck me was how organic and natural the banter between the two pre-teen protagonists were. I dunno how much of that was down to Tom Watts himself, but it'd be nice if some of that natural believability around younger characters seeped into this new Spider-Man film. That and the namedropping of John Hughes seems like Marvel are at least going to try for a high school setting a bit more believable: the sight of 28 year old Andrew Garfield angst'ing around high school on his skateboard was just ... wrong.

• Advertisement

3 possible titles for the rebooted Spider-Man film, I really hope those 3 aren't used..

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/05/three-more-possible-spider-man-reboot-movie-titles-revealed/

According to AICN, Sony has registered the following domains: SpiderManComingOfAgeMovie.com, SpiderManGreatnessAwaitsMovie.com, and SpiderManSuspendedMovie.com. These suggest that the new film could be titled Spider-Man: Coming of Age, Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits, or Spider-Man: Suspended.

Top class journalism.

Meanwhile Feige has confirmed that other Marvel characters will appear.

Spider-Man: Homecoming is the official title for the movie.

Kind of feels like a subtle dig at Sony :pac:

Also
    Adrian Toomes/Vulture
    rumoured to be the film's villain

spidermanhomecoming-0e8fc.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guessing since it's set in High School it will centre around the home coming dance or something.

Well at least it won't be another origin story :pac:

Also
    Adrian Toomes/Vulture
    rumoured to be the film's villain

Supposedly Michael Keaton is in talks for the role

Source

2 more actors have signed on for the new Spidey film.

http://mcuexchange.com/laura-harrier-and-tony-revolori-join-spider-man-homecoming/

Tony Stark will appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

http://mcuexchange.com/tony-stark-will-appear-in-spider-man-homecoming/

Lithium93, please place casting news that mentions characters into spoiler tags. - Nervous Wreck

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Supposedly Michael Keaton is in talks for the role

Source

Reports now saying he's turned it down.
    https://themoviecloset.org/2016/04/22/michael-keaton-turns-down-spider-man-homecoming-villain-role/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I grew up an absolutely massive Spider-Man fan, and I still am to this day. I've been reading the Spider Man series pretty much non-stop from the late 80's up to the end of Civil War.

Now, I truly and utterly pray that they don't manage to monumentally balls up this one like they did with the others. Garfield wasn't exactly bad, but everything else about it was. Maguire just makes me want to punch him and was just unlikable.

I'm hopeful it'll be better with Feige at the helm as he's tended to be quite loyal to the actual characters themselves. Y'know, as long as we totally ignore Ultron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ultron was fine imo. Adapting characters' origins etc to fit the universe works fine for me. Feige will ensure this movie goes well.

Nathan Fillion is
    Wonder Man
    for Vol 2.

Nathan Fillion is
    Wonder Man
    for Vol 2.

Still don't know if it's a proper role or a cameo/reference. Still though, he'd be awesome, and I'd love him to make a full on appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

If they are looking to have some new avengers for post Phase 4, replacements for Iron man and cap, they could do better than a 45 year old... and he'd need to get to the gym fairly lively...

Penn wrote:
    Still don't know if it's a proper role or a cameo/reference. Still though, he'd be awesome, and I'd love him to make a full on appearance.

As far as I can tell he may not even be appearing physically but on movie posters as an Easter egg.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING director Jon Watts visited the set of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2!

13062234_1363404020342833_9201442672331633133_n.jpg?oh=f2b48802a41972721b1236ed1f61b771&oe=57AC1652

So having seen Civil War, I am so fukcing hyped for this!! Tom Holland was one of the highlights.

CW SPOILERS
    Marissa Tomei is going to be great as Aunt May as age wise she's so much closed to a mother figure and she's not some old lady whose health Peter is constantly worrying about. I loved the way Stark kept referencing how hot she was.

I think it's great that they now live in an apartment block rather than house, maybe that's how it's gone in the comics but it seems much more realistic. Still not sure about the web shooters but I don't think we'll get an explanation which is probably for the best.

I've only started reading the actual comics on Marvel Unlimited (well worth the tenner a month) and I was super excited by the post credit sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Now we know that
    Tony Stark
    will appear in the Spider-man movie, but will
    he join the action as Ironman or remain more as a mentor from behind the scenes. It is important that it is first and foremost a Spidey movie but a Spidey/Ironman team could make for some excellent action.

• Advertisement

Now we know that
    Tony Stark
    will appear in the Spider-man movie, but will
    he join the action as Ironman or remain more as a mentor from behind the scenes. It is important that it is first and foremost a Spidey movie but a Spidey/Ironman team could make for some excellent action.
    Personally I hope it's just Stark but I don't know how they'll have him and then not have him help out, unless he shows up before the main villain.

Advertisement