Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

April Intake

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

PCbobby wrote:
    The first four weeks you stay in right? Is that a Monday to Friday or all week?

It's the first 4 weeks that are residential, Monday to Friday unless there is a public holiday you get that off but work the following Saturday to make up the time

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

StingrayGC wrote:
    It's the first 4 weeks that are residential, Monday to Friday unless there is a public holiday you get that off but work the following Saturday to make up the time

Sorry to be an annoyance (but I'm also in the next intake...) do you know in what week the shift work is likely to start, or is that in motion from week four?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Sorry to be an annoyance (but I'm also in the next intake...) do you know in what week the shift work is likely to start, or is that in motion from week four?

Eh?? Shift work in g.v??

Eh?? Shift work in g.v??

Yes dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

Yes dear.

The shift work starts when you finish garnerville. In the hotel you might have to work til 2200 once or twice during your time there. It's typically a 9-5 classroom day but you might have other things before and after!

• Advertisement

Tinfoilcap wrote: »
    The shift work starts when you finish garnerville. In the hotel you might have to work til 2200 once or twice during your time there. It's typically a 9-5 classroom day but you might have other things before and after!

9-5 classroom largely is what I thought.

Hardly matters though as for obvious reasons one would have to get used to shift work at some point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Have the May intakes just hi-jacked another thread?

PCbobby wrote: »
    Have the May intakes just hi-jacked another thread?

better that than trying to hijack a plane.

hafta hijack something....

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Roughly how many are in the April squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Think there was 43 at induction but 2 have dropped out

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Think there was 43 at induction but 2 have dropped out

Thanks Mop, have you heard if previous intakes had a similar number?

There's usually about 40-46 in each squad

Mop a top wrote: »
    There's usually about 40-46 in each squad

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

Most intakes (from experience) haven't been as big as 40+. I've seen one with low 20's in it, the rest had less than 40.

Most intakes (from experience) haven't been as big as 40+. I've seen one with low 20's in it, the rest had less than 40.

In your opinion would this have been down to funding or because not enough candidates had every stage complete when the calls were due?

The squad before me had about 40 and a couple of others I know said there's was about that at induction but a couple of no shows on start dates. Possibility of funding and show ready on merit list. Who knows :/

I'd like mine to be in the 20's . Less names to remember :)

edit: less people to bully me

Meh heh heh heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

I'd like mine to be in the 20's . Less names to remember :)

edit: less people to bully me

Don't worry I'll stand up for you. I do have a unibrow after all. Very intimidating...

PCbobby wrote: »
    Don't worry I'll stand up for you. I do have a unibrow after all. Very intimidating...

where do I get me one of those?

off of this very suspect looking man standing outside my work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement