Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to Import American/Canadian Toiletries Cheaply?

Options
  • 10-04-2016 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi I found a bunch of toiletry products which aren't sold here in Europe which I miss a lot and some of them don't have comparables here.

How/where to import cheaply?

There are very few of them on eBay or Amazon, and they are very expensive.

I've found a handful of American drug stores which do ship internationally, though all of them have delivery expensives of around €30 - nevermind any import duties or taxes. Most of those stores ship with Borderforce (Pitney Bowes). It's kind of insane to pay that.

Anyone that can help?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Try shipito.com, I've used them on several occasions in the past to have parcels forwarded from the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Curious...what they are with no equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Are the products available on Amazon.co.uk? Some marketplace stores on Amazon.co.uk sell American imports and you will get free shipping and avoid import duty if you buy from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Spocker, thanks. I'll check them out.

I've tried Amazon UK, yep, they have a couple of the things but they are almost triple the normal price PLUS expensive delivery. It's insane.

What is it?

*cue violin*

I've had serious skin problems my whole life, since I was a kid. Doctors have been useless. Especially when there were periods of extreme concern, the doctors were absolutely clueless. Thanks for the money, bye now. One time during a period of stress, my entire body was covered in weird marks which burned like fire at the touch. I couldn't sleep for properly for weeks. I slept in my clothes during the day when I couldn't stay awake. Total textbook-case.

I tried every medicated cream, every over-the-counter cream. I found one over-the-counter brand which works amazingly well for my skin. Aveeno. I have no idea why.

Most of the time, I have few and small marks on my skin and I try to keep stress under control.

Aveeno sells just a fraction of their products here in Europe, which they do in North America. I lived there for a few years and found all the expanded range and it does amazing work for my hair and skin. Just a few weeks ago I developed cuts on my knuckles and the Aveeno cream covered them up and they felt half normal in hours. It's like some witchcraftery elixer from heaven stuff.

If you know anyone with serious skin issues, suggest Aveeno creams.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you know anyone with serious skin issues, suggest Aveeno creams.
    What is the exact name of the cream you are after, I will have a search.

There is a thread on psoriasis in the long term illness forum and I have seen Aveeno mentioned before, maybe ask there too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055355875&page=39

You can find ingredients lists for many creams, some disclose them in MSDS forms. You might be able to figure out what is so special about it and find another brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

rubadub wrote: »
    You can find ingredients lists for many creams, some disclose them in MSDS forms. You might be able to figure out what is so special about it and find another brand.

This is very true. I had to do this "in reverse", when my Irish husband came to live with me in America for several months after we were married a few years ago. He was used to a certain formulation of eye drops to help with the aftercare for surgery for a detached retina, and that formulation seemed to be unavailable in American drug stores. Finally I found the identical formulation... sold by a veterinary supply! My cats' vet verified that they were human-quality, and I ordered a dozen bottles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Be aware that if it is medicated it may need a licence here meaning personal imports are illegal and will be destroyed if discovered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

a lot of toiletry products from USA are not sold in europe because each item must be tested again for sale in europe and i they donlt think the market si there, they won't do it. this includes shampoos, shower gels etc.

However personal import of such items is fine once they are not items requiring a prescription.

Advertisement