Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

It's only the first show I suppose. Stage looks grand. Looks really low for anyone with a General Admin ticket.

But jesus that setlist is diabetical....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Jesus

Whatever about the setlist, but not playing guitar on half the songs is unforgivable

He's so stiff and wooden and awkward just holding the mike, I absolutely cringe every time he does it

As has been said, he's morphing into Bono.

Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Had a look at reddit and the general concensus is the audio is out of sync?

Also, why would somebody who's played hundreds of shows going back to 1992 need to do that, when he has people in front of him videoing him?

Answer: audio on the video was bad so the person switched it for another one for the sake of uploading the video to YouTube.

I dunno what it is but I've never been this underwhelmed by a Muse tour... Really loved the last tour, stage setup was class, and I did enjoy the setlist we got in Dublin. It's early days for the tour yet but I'm reading about loads of technical issues... Maybe a hint to strip back the spectactle and play some more piano songs?!

Was anyone else a member of muselive.com a few years ago? Just re-checked the site and its an absolute ghost town now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Delta Echo Charlie

Why can't they just go back to basics, strip it down, ditch the lights, lasers and WWE themed pomposity and re-connect with their fans again?

• Advertisement

Why can't they just go back to basics, strip it down, ditch the lights, lasers and WWE themed pomposity and re-connect with their fans again?

The Absolution Tour kind of got it right. Perfect amount of lights, but better performances.

As U2's sets and stages got bigger so did the performances (well, Zoo TV, Pop anyway). AT Least they knew when to strip back for the 2001 shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jesus they were good tonight. The heaviness is back with a bang after the last tours cabaret. Even played Citizen Erased which sounded great. Other than that there were no real rarities but the new songs sounded great, really heavy. Everything sounded heavy.

Got to hear them play Take a Bow which I thought they'd never do live again, sweet. The crowd were pretty bad though in seating. I felt like I was the only one losing my **** to some of the songs at times....and I'm getting fúcking old! :p

I was blown away with the stage show they put on and I never usually notice that ****. The projections they used for The Globalist was just outstanding.

Great night and I wasn't even looking forward to it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jesus.... Hadn't seen any of this now. Matt Mercury ? Freddie ditched the piano for most songs after The Game tour I suppose

Apart from Starlight which badly needs his playing imo he only ditched the guitar for Uprising until the solo. Morgans guitar wasn't very loud in the mix and hasn't got as much distortion.

Hopefully his tragic bono impersonations are coming to an end. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Gig of the Year so far

Worst crowd of the Year so far too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Thats what you get when you have a reputation as a great live act though aloing with high ticket costs. People who dont necessarily like Muse going to see the "spectacle". Amazing spectacle , but yeah the crowd was dead

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

15th anniversary of O.O.S next month

Crazy how time flies- seems like only yesterday I sent my Ma into Golden Discs in the Ilac Cemtre to pick it up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I had seating tickets as it was all I could get. I assumed that for the last 1/2 hour or so that I'd be able to stand & that everyone else would be the same. NOPE. I stood towards the end and got told to sit down. Nobody behind me seemed to be standing. Was disappointing but still didn't take away from the gig. 4th time seeing them & they just get better & better.

Advertisement