Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Intake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Squad of big loners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Mop a top wrote: »
    Think we're told about that at the induction weekend. I've been told it's the same amount or maybe more than the last one and it ALL needs to be learnt for week 2 exams!!!! I'm trying to get time to concentrate on the online learning we already have.

How are you feeling about induction? Is anyone going on their own, dad's working and mum will have my kids plus at my age I'm kind of thinking I should be old enough to do it myself lol

Online learning will reopen after your induction weekend folks, one piece of advice from someone who has just completed week 8 exams learn Classis like your life depends on it all info on there is on exams. Your week 2 exams are also based on what you already have and what will open after your induction so learn it before coming in as once in its constant going, look forward to meeting you, any questions send me a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Derob wrote:
    Online learning will reopen after your induction weekend folks, one piece of advice from someone who has just completed week 8 exams learn Classis like your life depends on it all info on there is on exams. Your week 2 exams are also based on what you already have and what will open after your induction so learn it before coming in as once in its constant going, look forward to meeting you, any questions send me a PM

Thanks Derob

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Count me in this squad! Better late than never :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

fish2690 wrote:
    Count me in this squad! Better late than never

That's brilliant news Fish, welcome in :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

fish2690 wrote: »

So happy for you Fish!! About time! Although I will miss ya! congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Well done. Did you get the call today chum?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

PCbobby wrote: »
    Well done. Did you get the call today chum?

Yea I did. Thought I was going to have to wait another 4 weeks. Got lucky.

Lol I know that feeling!!! Welcome to the squad. Looking forward to meeting you too

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Yea I did. Thought I was going to have to wait another 4 weeks. Got lucky.

Congratulations :)

Me and PCmorehopefulthanmeapparently are crying for a ring ring tomorrow.... Hopefully.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Congratulations :)

Me and PCmorehopefulthanmeapparently are crying for a ring ring tomorrow.... Hopefully.....

Count me in with you both too! :D

Floral15 wrote: »
    Count me in with you both too! :D

Can a squad consist of only three?? Lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If anyone on here deserves in, it's mop. She's been around here for a long time and has provided advice and support to countless people who are now in their stations. On behalf of the forum, I'd like to thank her for being one of the most helpful people we've ever had on here.

Well played ma'am. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Agreed Shield, she'll be an asset, I pass out before she starts or I'd be able to laugh at her on show parades =D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Shield wrote: »
    If anyone on here deserves in, it's mop. She's been around here for a long time and has provided advice and support to countless people who are now in their stations. On behalf of the forum, I'd like to thank her for being one of the most helpful people we've ever had on here.

Well played ma'am. Well played.
    Couldn't agree more! Can't wait to see her walking down corridor in the hotel no doubt grinning like a kid at Xmas

Thank you Shield, that really means a lot to me, more than you know :)

.S. I've big boots to fill according to Sgt, well maybe get coffee next time I see you

Derob, ask the rest of my squad. I was skipping down the corridor like a kid at Xmas for uniform fitting! I honestly can not wait!!!!

Lol we definitely do, catching up at GV didn't count, I wanted a proper coffee! It'll fly in, enjoy last of your time as a civvie!

Definitely!!!!! Enjoy it?!? My little muppets are off on holidays for 2 weeks and I'm stressing about wedding cake and getting this on line learning done :(

Relax, enjoy Easter, you'll get online done, can't give ya any advise on wedding cake lol

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Mop a top wrote: »
    Well folks I know the calls are going out today cos I JUST GOT ONE!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it!!!!!

Congrats Rusty, see you soon :D

Well done mop.
    How long after your pca did you get the call can I ask?

• Advertisement

I did it mid Jan and medical towards the end of Feb. Got the call the day I started this thread. 2nd week march?

From the squad that passed out Friday past only one got a post in Belfast. All the rest were sent way out west.
    Wonder does that mean they do not need more Belfast side of things or of they are over stretched out west

We were told well be sent where were needed and it's more than likely West of the bann which I'm happy about lol

Oh really. There were quite a few appeals from what I have been told and they were all turned down.
    I wonder how much your family situation/dependants counts on your placement.

I'm not at that stage yet,but just curious and though the info would be of use to those about to go in.

When you first put in the application form you tick a box to say you understand that you can be stationed anywhere in NI. We were heavily reminded that at induction weekend and pretty much told it's a done deal, you go where you're needed

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Oh really. There were quite a few appeals from what I have been told and they were all turned down.
    I wonder how much your family situation/dependants counts on your placement.

I'm not at that stage yet,but just curious and though the info would be of use to those about to go in.

Your situation is taken into account however they have to be exceptional circumstances as to why you need a certain area. Otherwise you are placed based on operational need.

Yeah Ano. I wonder statistic wise if many people drop out on the basis of the location they are placed.
    Would have thought there would have been more of a spread to the placements than only one in Belfast area but again it's down to resources in specific areas

No one in the squad that passed out on Friday got Belfast. As Mike says its down to need. Any circumstances will be considered. But ultimately if you really want this career you understand you can be placed anywhere. I've heard of people being unhappy at their station but not of quitting. You put a lot of time / effort into getting in. You do 22weeks of work at GV. Last thing anyone wants is that wasted.

wonder anyone get posted in Syria. that might be a cause for complaint. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

A wee question as I am in next group to be taken in. :o

The first four weeks you stay in right? Is that a Monday to Friday or all week?

Advertisement