Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Future of recruitment process

• 30-03-2016 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

With the numbers of recruits dwindling from 350ish in 1309 to the mooted 100 from 1509, were do we think the future of the recruitment process will go in the coming years.

Obviously we'd only be speculating but interested to see what other hopefuls are feeling? Continued recruitment on a yearly basis of 100ish at a time or possibly a hiatus for a couple of years then back with a 1309 type number?

None of us are getting younger, so really hope we see consistent campaigns although I suppose with a larger campaign the chances of getting in are higher, score wise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

There's a lot more in 14050 than 100 and the list isn't done yet..

Budget will dictate numbers but with the numbers retiring and current threat level.. I can see recruitment continuing a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lcrossan884

The last intake for 1405 is May guys

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I'm on the lower scale of AC in 1405 Iv just put it to bed. Hopefully there will be another campaign soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

The last intake for 1405 is May guys

How do you know? Just curious?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Mop a top wrote: »
    How do you know? Just curious?

+1 this. known for sure, or guesstimate?

and do you mean then the last set of calls will be April for May intake? or last set of calls May?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

there are stil PCA's planned for 1405 in may and june

there are stil PCA's planned for 1405 in may and june

is that when yours is?

I think the May June PCA's may be repeats, maybe they'll start folk from the 1405 campaign in with the first group of 1509?

is that when yours is?

No I have completed mine and am awaiting my letter for medical tho I no people with it in a month or so,and seen someone else post last week theirs was over 4 weeks ago

I think the May June PCA's may be repeats, maybe they'll start folk from the 1405 campaign in with the first group of 1509?

have they been known to do this. I thought they'd just cut everyone from 1405 off as soon as they started 1509....

• Advertisement

Almost happened to me in C1, not sure if it's s regular thing. Another wee FOI request. Save a lot of speculation lol

Almost happened to me in C1, not sure if it's s regular thing. Another wee FOI request. Save a lot of speculation lol

how does one go about doing a freedom of information request?

Look on the PSNI website. Download the form. Filll it out and scan and email or send off in the post. They'll get back to you within 20 working days if I'm remembering that right.

have they been known to do this. I thought they'd just cut everyone from 1405 off as soon as they started 1509....

God I hope not.I'm awaiting a date for my medical,should have the letter in the next week from what I was told...if I got cut off now I'd be distraught as I don't think I passed the AC for 1505. Has been a long two years!!

Look on the PSNI website. Download the form. Filll it out and scan and email or send off in the post. They'll get back to you within 20 working days if I'm remembering that right.

20 working days??

I don't think I am going to do that lol. :P

God I hope not.I'm awaiting a date for my medical,should have the letter in the next week from what I was told...if I got cut off now I'd be distraught as I don't think I passed the AC for 1505. Has been a long two years!!

Has been a long two years and I wouldn't be the most confident on whether or not I had passed the assessment centre for 1509 either. Could be a pretty bad month for me with results in a couple of weeks and either the last or penultimate set of calls going out for 1405 too.... :(

20 working days??

I don't think I am going to do that lol. :P

It's standard legalisation, the key word is WITHIN 20 days. If it's something simple and doesn't take much research it is quicker. Mine was nowhere near 20 days. Up to you, thought it might benefit everyone still waiting in C2 and those coming through in C3 :-/

It's standard legalisation, the key word is WITHIN 20 days. If it's something simple and doesn't take much research it is quicker. Mine was nowhere near 20 days. Up to you, thought it might benefit everyone still waiting in C2 and those coming through in C3 :-/

so essentially I am asking whether or not they will cut 1405 applicants at a certain date or put them in with the first set of 1509 candidates?

and to do that you make a freedom of information request asking what they have done in previous recruitment campaigns?

have the form just don't want to send it off and wait 20 days for them to reply saying they don't quite get what I am asking because I clearly have the I.Q of a child.

Lol you can ask what their policy is on recruits that have passed everything but there's no more places available in the current 1405 campaign and when do they estimate when they're last squad will be starting SOTP in GV. Or ask how many recruits they're taking in the 1405 campaign and how many have been assigned a spot in GV already. That would account for us waiting to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Lol you can ask what their policy is on recruits that have passed everything but there's no more places available in the current 1405 campaign and when do they estimate when they're last squad will be starting SOTP in GV. Or ask how many recruits they're taking in the 1405 campaign and how many have been assigned a spot in GV already. That would account for us waiting to start.

As far as I understand it, the list will be exhausted as much as possible, it's very likely that there will be a handful of people remaining on the merit list, but as per C1, they will get dear john letters. Campaigns are separate, so they will not merge C2 and C3 in any way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement