Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

I haven't heard anything either...hate having to wait for the news

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Wont be long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ItWasntMe88

Do you know something we don't??

Or do you just mean it won't be long to the 15th April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

there are still people from the 1405 campaign waiting to do their PCA dated for over a month away.
    there was no mention at my AC for 1505 of people going through pca before the results were out - when i read this i though it was quite laughable. Delloite say alot of this that never materialise and why they would tell people this and get their hopes up, well i just dont no.

the printout with the time-scales on it is a guide - it can change with many variables.

once the results for 1505 are out on the 15th you have to go through vetting then your pca.
    i would imagine the high scores, we are talking 85+ will be fast tracked and providing their vetting clear will be included with the last people going through their PCA from 1405.

The PSNI recruitment process is a very long and drawn out one. People from 1405 have been through it all with the issues with the budget. i would like to think that 1505 would be slightly faster - but you never know.
    there really is no rhyme nor reason about the way some things are done, tho if you want the job its just something you have to endure.

I was told at my AC by Deloitte that candidates would be called from the beginning of March for the PCA and to expect results from the AC anytime after the week after St Patricks day even though it say's the 15th April in the email. Obviously took all this with a pinch of salt and was slightly baffled why they were telling us this because I just couldn't see it happening like that...and it didn't! They're very misleading. I personally feel they shouldn't be advising on dates etc unless they're certain although I do understand that things circumstances can change at the drop of a hat!

• Advertisement

The order you go through the PCA is determined by your AC score,the higher it is the quicker your put for PCA, so the fact they said this could be done before the results are out is rather strange indeed.
    After your AC is passed the process moves over from being managed by Deloitte to the PSNI and they correspond and take you through the remaining stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Does anyone know what AC score they got down to on 1405?

Very low 60s I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'm somewhere in the 64s if that helps. C1 went right down to 60

C1 went a lot quicker cos they didn't have budget cuts but from application in 0913 to dear Johns in 0415. It is definitely a long old process so I would try to stay positive and don't put anything on hold cos this campaign has lasted well over a year and you could out money in it thst C3 will too.

Good luck for April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Mop a top wrote: »
    I'm somewhere in the 64s if that helps. C1 went right down to 60

C1 went a lot quicker cos they didn't have budget cuts but from application in 0913 to dear Johns in 0415. It is definitely a long old process so I would try to stay positive and don't put anything on hold cos this campaign has lasted well over a year and you could out money in it thst C3 will too.

Good luck for April :)

lol, somewhere in the 64's..... :p

• Advertisement

Well my score is. I didn't go asking the rest of my squad what they got, some definitely have night as they were PCA repeats and I don't know if anyone was lower. Believe it or not but there's been people in different intakes cos there scores were 0.1 of a difference

Well my score is. I didn't go asking the rest of my squad what they got, some definitely have night as they were PCA repeats and I don't know if anyone was lower. Believe it or not but there's been people in different intakes cos there scores were 0.1 of a difference

I didn't know the scores came with decimals. that's why I found it funny when you said yours was somewhere in the 64's. :)

It's your AC score

It's your AC score

oh I know its the AC score being discussed. Just didn't know you could get a decimal score (probably because mine is the only score I have seen) :D

Just out of interest does anyone know what you have to score below in order to fail the AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Just out of interest does anyone know what you have to score below in order to fail the AC?

60%, who knows this time

Pass mark for the last 2 campaigns have been 60% so I couldn't imagine they'd change it again. A lot of folk in C2 have failed or had their vetting held up so I guess they'll still want a decent pool of candidates even with the PCA repeats.

Thanks mop & swl33t. :)

So are you then given a merit position or is you AC percentage your merit position? Is the IST score taken into account at all?

There was some debate on whether the istbscore counted or not. In C1 we weren't certain as most folk all seemed to have in and around the same AC score as the rest of their squad, only real exception being that vetting held people up and they'd have a slightly higher score.

With C2 and I'm assuming 3 will be the same, there's a mix of AC scores in a squad now. If you factor in vetting delays and PCA retests you could have someone who's sitting in high 70s getting in with low 60s.

I honestly think the IST is used by Deloitte to reduce the numbers significantly for the AC and then we're ranked according to our AC score to give PSNI a merit list to start working through. I personally think that the IST has no influence on your merit list place however I could be wrong. If anyone is really keen they could throw PSNI a little FOI request and see what they say ;)

I would probably be inclined to agree with you that the IST score has no bearing after AC. Of course that's speculative but it just seems to make sense to me. I think it would muddy the waters too much otherwise.

Fingers crossed for a 60% + score on the AC then. Roll on the 15th April.

Only 14 days 22 hours 34 minutes and a few odd seconds....not that I'm counting or anything :cool:

• Advertisement

Oh and I read that you got the call Mop...CONGRATULATIONS!! Bet you're excited!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Was having a look at FOI requests submitted to the PSNI and seen that 2,121 candidates passed the IST and were progressed through to the AC.

It would be interesting to see how many failed to show up/where turned away.

Was having a look at FOI requests submitted to the PSNI and seen that 2,121 candidates passed the IST and were progressed through to the AC.

At mine we were told 1800 by deloitte

Oh and I read that you got the call Mop...CONGRATULATIONS!! Bet you're excited!!:)

Lol yeah finally! Had written off C2 then it all started to happen. Kid in a sweet shop springs to mind!!

Possibly a few of the 2k were successful in the end stages of C2

At mine we were told 1800 by deloitte

I wonder if the FOI is the number that passed IST and the Deloitte figure is how many actual proceeded to AC taking into account any withdrawals....but is 321 a high number of drop outs?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Five didn't turn up to the A/C I was at. So if you took that as an average across all the Assessment centres being held it might give you an idea of how many didnt show up overall.

I had a look at another FOI showing the number of candidates that passed AC in C2, which totalled 908. So if we assume the 1800 is a truer reflection of the number invited to AC that would mean approximately 50% need to not show up or fail in order for C3 to have a merit list similar to C2.

I can't remember but did someone post a while back that they read somewhere that more money was to be ringfenced for recruitment or have I started imagining things?

(https://www.psni.police.uk/globalassets/advice--information/our-publications/disclosure-logs/2015/human-resources/psni_2014_recruitment_campaign.pdf)

Five didn't turn up to the A/C I was at. So if you took that as an average across all the Assessment centres being held it might give you an idea of how many didnt show up overall.

Hmm...5 didn't turn up to the assessment I was at too! Same day or just coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Think only 2 missed mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

4 didn't show to mine, seems like a lot dropped out.

Advertisement