Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Going Back to Berlin. Thinking of trying the 'touristy' Watergate.

Options
  • 25-02-2016 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Has anybody been to Watergate. You hear its touristy techno, but is that just by hipster Berlin standards compared to what we get at home in most clubs?

..also can still get away with wearing runners and casual clothes if it is good. Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

did you go in the end?

I've been about 5 times.

For a big night it's touristy and even by the bitter end of the night (now morning) it's likely that the leftovers will be tourists

but seriously - if dancing WITH chez damier on the waterfloor and chatting to Pearson Sound and Heidi(the smaller room below the big one) and meeting lots of cool people on the pontoon outside (if its summer) is touristy..then so what? It's going to be a far greater clubbing experience than what you'd get at home

I've never had a bad night - except once when I went on a Wednesday and the music was very charty..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Didnt make it in the end. Will be on the list for next time round.

Went to a load of random pubs and Suicide Circus, Tresor and Gretchen. Suicide Circus wasn't great on Friday to be honest. I don't mind the grimey basic set up, just the music was waayyy too dark, and I like moody techno but this was just ****. Then done top and bottom of Tresor on the way home. Then on Saturday the main part was going to a dj called Romare in Gretchen. Good set with a projector showing a story behind him. Different to what I listened to online when I checked him out early that day. Good crowd too.

Problem with Feb it was freezing so a lot of places weren't available.

...also didn't bother with Berghain. Can't be bothered to wait hours to be told feck off!

Probably go back again for a big summer session.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

doesn't sound too bad at all.

Haven't been to Tresor or Gretchen

Was in SC once, it was grand, a few years ago and it was summer so completely outdoors - seems to be trying to pitch itself more now as a mini berghain - last time my gf didnt get in without her passport and then i didn't get in solo.

Hoping to go back before summer - sisyphos and about blank are ones i want to check out. As well as the mandatory berghain attempt - been to Panaroma but never to Berghain.

If you do go back you should check out the abandoned theme park Spree Park and the abandoned US cold war spy station in Tuefelsberg - mad place - there was a rave kicking off the night of the day we went...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    Was in SC once, it was grand, a few years ago and it was summer so completely outdoors - seems to be trying to pitch itself more now as a mini berghain - last time my gf didnt get in without her passport and then i didn't get in solo.

The old well see you back at the hotel I guess:D:D

We didnt get id'd at all. Was half hour wait though. Will have to check out sisyphos next time but About Blank is class! Big outdoor space too and amazing tunes the time I was there. Planned on going to the theme park and abandoned airport, but it would have to be a summer thing with a bike - especially the airport. Havent heard of Tuefelsberg though but rave in old spying station? Who wouldnt be up for that!

Advertisement