Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

me89 wrote: »
    Are we going to sign anyone??

Ye signed Ramon Humber & LaAdrian Waddle, don't be so bloody greedy yea??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Waddle is more a of a re-sign did alright but got injured in the playoffs.

me89 wrote: »
    Are we going to sign anyone??

Some old Rutgers players probably. Be interesting to see if we bother with the FA. Most likely only pull the trigger if the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Seems like all the good WRs are heading off. Looks like we were in the running for a couple but they followed the money. Figures Forte would go to the Jets. So much for chasing a ring :P

Wonder if we will take a shot on Morris.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Offer sheet gone out to Bills WR Chris Hogan

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Offer sheet gone out to Bills WR Chris Hogan

Has potential if he can hang on to the football. 4th in drops season gone. Be interesting to see how he does with 12 and co

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pats get 4 compenstation draft picks which were badly needed after our first round pick was stolen from us:

2nd round: 60th overall
    3rd round: 91st overall
    3rd round: 96th overall (c)
    4th round: 127th overall
    6th round: 196th overall
    6th round: 208th overall (c)
    6th round: 214th overall (c)
    6th round: 221st overall (c)
    7th round: 243rd overall
    7th round: 250th overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Hogan deal is done apparently. 3 years, 12 million, heavily incentive based.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

JCTO wrote: »
    Has potential if he can hang on to the football. 4th in drops season gone. Be interesting to see how he does with 12 and co

His drops might be down to the fact that he played with torn wrist ligaments for most of last season.

https://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/05/chris-hogan-has-been-playing-through-a-wrecked-right-wrist/

I like the signing, he's versatile and he can play as an X, Z or slot WR. Thank feck we also got rid of Chandler & LaFell. Now if we can just give Canon the boot before the start of next season, I'll be a happy bunny.

As a real, actual, legitimate doctor, can you tell us more about torn wrist ligaments, Corvus? Would love to hear a completely real professional's opinion on the matter. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

As a real, actual, legitimate doctor, can you tell us more about torn wrist ligaments, Corvus? Would love to hear a completely real professional's opinion on the matter. Thanks in advance.

As an other legitimate doctor I can say that they make it a lot harder and mor painful to catch the ball but can be played through if really needed. If you can make the grab you can run as normal but palming someone off is a big no no or you will make it worse. By the new season they will be healed and forgotten about.

Disclaimer: As you may have guessed my doctorate is not in medicine and the above is probably entirely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He isn't a doctor but he is a medical professional. I'm sure he knows a lot about it but it feels like you are trying to set him up here again.

Tbh I'm getting fed up of your rubbish.

eagle eye wrote:
    Tbh I'm getting fed up of your rubbish.

Don't know what youre talking about. I asked him a genuine question and am eagerly awaiting his answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Don't know what youre talking about. I asked him a genuine question and am eagerly awaiting his answer :)
    It doesn't surprise me that you would not know what I'm talking about, you seem to be living in your own little world of late.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It doesn't surprise me that you would not know what I'm talking about, you seem to be living in your own little world of late.

You are making just as much sense as he is to be fair. But I wouldn't say JMH is living in his own world.

Hicks gone to the Bears surprised we didn't re-sign him. Be interested to see what they paid him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

I wouldn't say JMH is living in his own world.

The two recent site bans suggests otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'm guessing that BB felt he was not a starter, and that we have the players to adequately cover the position. Wondering if we'll take a look at Boldin, or one of the RBs left about. Morris still hasn't signed anywhere, and there's always Foster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Vandango wrote: »

Are you a medical professional too...?

I have been site banned 4 times since I joined Boards. Does that mean I live in my own world?

I really don't care if I get banned for this but how suspicious is it when 3 of the guys who are being pegged as 3 of the multiple accounts of corvus all jump in randomly and sprout the same nonsense in the last week. No other posts or consistency just jump in post in reply to JMH and jump out.

I honestly didn't buy what JMH was selling from the get go but the more I see this sh1t the more I believe he is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

I have been site banned 4 times since I joined Boards. Does that mean I live in my own world?

No, it just means you must be a **** stirrer extraordinaire. Weird how yourself and JMH don't seem to have learned from your lessons. You'd almost think you're both the same person. Maybe the rumours are true after all. and it looks like the little campaign has entered desperation phase.
    I really don't care if I get banned for this but how suspicious is it when 3 of the guys who are being pegged as 3 of the multiple accounts of corvus all jump in randomly and sprout the same nonsense in the last week. No other posts or consistency just jump in post in reply to JMH and jump out.

Wrong again. I was nearly logged in for an hour, posted in two other forums and then came to the Pats thread to catch up when I saw that the **** stirrer was still at it. But shure you keep on getting your facts wrong, because that's nothing new.

No, it just means you must be a **** stirrer extraordinaire. Weird how yourself and JMH don't seem to have learned from your lessons. You'd almost think you're both the same person. Maybe the rumours are true after all. and it looks like the little campaign has entered desperation phase.

I have been posting on here a lot longer than you as has JMH and a lot of the guys on here know both of us. As for sh1t stirring? hilarious I actually spit up my coffee laughing at this nonsense. As for rumours? Please share we would all love to hear them. Go on make it personal.
    Wrong again. I was nearly logged in for an hour, posted in two other forums and then came to the Pats thread to catch up when I saw that the **** stirrer was still at it. But shure you keep on getting your facts wrong, because that's nothing new.

Same language and verbiage used as the other guys. Even when calling out people you seem to do it. Also the fact you guys keep bring up the same things about **** stirring and rumours and people being the same account as the rebuttal makes it even clearer you are full of sh1t.

The mods can't see it but the more you respond the clearer it becomes. I challenge you to prove yourself. I have no problem throwing an image of who I am and where I am located and in fact I will give you a link to my company website and you will see me on there. I bet you if it came down to it you and all the other profiles couldn't do the same. I will eat my hat if I am wrong.

It's true. I'm also JCTO. The gig is up boys. Almost got away with it too! :pac:

It's true. I'm also JCTO. The gig is up boys. Almost got away with it too! :pac:

Oh sh1t if you are me you owe the US Gov taxes. And your car needs new tires also. You can send the check to............

Deal, but it's your turn to go to work for us tomorrow. If you could stop into the gym for an hour tonight too, that'd be great :D

Chandler Jones traded to Cardinals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Chandler Jones traded to Cardinals

Were never going to be able to keep all of Jones, Hightower and Collins. Guess the Pats chose the latter two and thought might as well get something extra for Jones now rather than just a comp pick in a year's time.

Collins and Hightower are definitely priorities plus Butler to consider as well. A former first round guard and 2nd round pick for a guy who can walk for nothing next year is good business

good deal overall but it makes that Front 7 very interesting now. Jones was vital on that line. Be interesting to see will we pull the trigger on Chris Long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Collins and Hightower are definitely priorities plus Butler to consider as well. A former first round guard and 2nd round pick for a guy who can walk for nothing next year is good business

Highly unlikely they'd get nothing. General consensus seems to have been they'd get a 3rd rounder in compensation. Cooper has been a bust (injuries partly tho) so far in his career. The odds of getting a player as good as Jones in the 2nd this year is pretty unlikely but its the Pats.. Cooper will prob be an All Pro and Jones will prob violate the league substance abuse policy in the next week or so...

Advertisement