Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I just popped in for a peek-a-boo, thank christ 8mm did the calculations, because a much as I may have wanted to help, that would have confuddled me big time, lol :D

I'm a bit annoyed that between DarkStar being slow at processing my order, and that new An Post service for UK address, I'm 5 days later no delivery for the weekend, and I had good plans for that order :(

Anyone mixing up anything interesting? looking for ideas. I have a bunch of flavours on the way inc pineapple, blueberry, hazelnut, maple pecan, marshmallow, double choc, coconut, mango, peach, strawberry ... also have choc glazed doughnut and ordering some sweet cookie, lemon sicilly and meringue

Planning on a lemon meringue, obviously :D and going to try an After eight type with the chocolate, got menthols already. Also might try that Funfetti recipe, as I'll have all the ingredients bar joy. And he says it's not a necessity.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/338750/FUNFETTI+by+%255BENYAWREKLAW%255D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

This is probably not to your taste but it's on permanent rotation for me - Jasmine Tea.

FA Black Tea - 3%
    FA Jasmine - 2%
    FA Citrus Mix - 0.7%

Mixed 60 PG : 40 VG @ 8mg Nic.

Higher PG as it's a more subtle flavour combo and suits the tea aspect. Higher Nic then usual as I MTL this out of a Kayfun V4, a great tank for subtle flavours.

It has bitter notes from the tea and some softly sweet floral notes from the jasmine and a citrus sparkle on the exhale.

Wouldn't be one for me, but I think my partner might like something like that. The only tea I ever touch is Lyon's :D Sounds interesting though

I'm fighting with one I mixed up recently atm, it's a blackcurrant/strawberry cheesecake. But the flavours are very weak, after a 5 day steep. Might be the blackcurrant I got? (TFA) it's not as sweet as I'd hoped, so I used separate sweetener. The Cheesecake/graham crust isn't popping like it does in other mixes either.

Tinryland
    Blackcurrant (TPA) 4.5%
    Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 5.5%
    Koolada 10% (TPA) 1%
    Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 5%
    Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 1.5%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 2.5%

Have I used too much on the Koolada and/or sweetener I wonder? Strawberry ripe is pretty weak, I think I'll re-try with sweet strawberry when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

cagey, maybe give http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/99179/Bust-a-Nut a go. Highest rated DIY mix on the site.

I made a good few today. Orange Bavarian cream from the same site, will let it steep for 3 days. Nothing really needs longer than that really, a week max. Just such a huge fan on TFA's Orange Cream since I started adding it to my own variations of all these XXX Milk recipes.

My own take on "Mother's Unicorn Milk" substituting Cheesecake Graham Dust with NY Cheesecake and Graham Cracker, will steep that one too.

Made a Beard Vape No. 5 clone which was just Capella's Sweet Strawberry @5% and NY Cheesecake @10%. Vaping it now, lovely stuff. NY Cheesecake is definitely in my top few flavours. Need to reup and get some bigger bottles of some stuff. Will definitely be wanted 30ml min of CAP Sweet Strawberry, CAP NY Cheesecake, CAP Vanilla Custard V1, possibly even bigger.

I'm at the stage where I'm making 100ml batches of stuff I love and can just mess around mixing on the side when I have time.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

chipfox wrote: »
    Made a Beard Vape No. 5 clone which was just Capella's Sweet Strawberry @5% and NY Cheesecake @10%.

Done the exact same mix a few weeks ago, lovely stuff and a hell of a lot cheaper than the real thing

Poking around on the net there and I seen this as a source for PG / VG.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Lubrisolve-Online

5 litres of VG for £16.99 UK free post (+€3.95 via Parcel Motel).

That's a little over the price I paid for 2.5 litres elsewhere.

I'm seeing people use different % and wondering did you do the same? I added maybe 3% of NY Cheesecake to my Mother's Unicorn Milk clone and could taste the cheesecake right away. Could just be vaper's tongue and getting too used to my go-to flavours.

All I know is this basic strawberry cheesecake mix is fantasic. I'm glad I never spend big money on expensive juices. If that's your thing by all means go ahead, but I can't imagine enjoying them knowing how much they cost. This 30ml of delicious stuff cost me about a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

8mm wrote: »
    Poking around on the net there and I seen this as a source for PG / VG.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Lubrisolve-Online

5 litres of VG for £16.99 UK free post (+€3.95 via Parcel Motel).

That's a little over the price I paid for 2.5 litres elsewhere.
    They've been around a while and come recommended on other fora. Apparently they also supply nic but you have to ring them.

I have NY cheesecake on the way, been wanting to try it since I started. It'll be hard top TFA's cheesecake graham crust, I could add that to pretty much any mix and it'll give it a booster :) I also have sweet strawberry, 30ml on the way. I actually prefer it to strawberry ripe, so I will definitely be trying that with the NY cheesecake.

I was looking at that bust-a-nut, but couldn't get butter pecan anywhere. I will have maple pecan, but that's going to be very different. I'm also out of sweet cream, but marshmallow could work in place? Probably nicer actually

• Advertisement

Haven't tried the Graham Crust one, there are too many flavours that sound like mixes or other standalone ones. They're all probably a bit different but there are just too many flavours out there...

The NY Cheesecake has this really distinct hint of cheese that really reminds me of all that blue cheese weed people used to have. It's really amazing stuff anyway. Even months into DIY juice you still end up finding so much brilliant stuff

The cheesecake graham crust is delicious, it smells like you'd expect a fresh cheesecake with a biscuity crust to smell. Apparently TFA'a plain cheesecake isn't good, but they got this one bang on. I'll use both this and the NY one no problem. Love me some cheesecake :)

Flavours that haven't really impressed so far; TFA blackcurrant isn't winning me over. Maybe I'm just not using the right % or I'm not pairing it with the right compliment creams or something. I don't like their peppermint either. It's a bit 'grassy' on it's own, but in the mix I did for some friends, a Kringles Kurse clone, it works really well. Along with other menthols. I tried to mix that and the blackcurrant and it's not the best. I want to come up with something like airwaves gum. I'll try again with just menthol, Koolada and the blackcurrant. See if I can't get some good from it.

Everything else I've tried so far has been pretty decent. I've spent a tonne on flavours now, but not bought a pre-made juice in a month. And I have a tonne of juice still to get through, and a lot more to make. I didn't have to buy so many flavours of course, I just want to get to know as many as possible. I will stick to my favourites once I've experimented a bit

What's the sucralose like? I tasted a little dab of ethyl maltol and can't ever see myself using it. Reminds me of splenda or diet coke sweetness. Can't stand that type of "sweet"

I don't have sucralose, just TFA'a sweetener, probably same thing but already made up. It doesn't have any smell, haven't tasted it on it's own, but it has sweetened up the bland blackcurrant I had a bit. I only got it for a recipe I was requested to make. I have marshmallow incoming so will probably use that for sweetener from now on

chipfox wrote: »
    What's the sucralose like? I tasted a little dab of ethyl maltol and can't ever see myself using it. Reminds me of splenda or diet coke sweetness. Can't stand that type of "sweet"

Splenda is made from sucralose. You could probably dilute some Splenda in PG and see what it's like in a mix.

Use EM in very very small amounts if needed.

EM tastes like splenda to me. Maybe I just need to try it in a mix instead of by itself. I've still never really found a mix that lacked sweetness to justify using it yet though

I re-coiled and re-wicked my Velocity and tasted some of my mixes that have been steeping now a couple of weeks. Have to say, in all fairness, some of them beat the panties off the over priced slop I used to vape all the time! :D

Damnit! Got my P'n'M mail this morn, and was puzzled as to why there was 2x sugar cookie in there, checked my order and I did indeed have 2 down. I meant to get one + 1 Vanilla cupcake :/ Also it's V2, I chose the V1. Anyone got experience with Cap's sugar cookie V2? I will probably make use of it, if it's decent I guess.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I have two bottles of the pg/vg mix from the cloud sessions. If was was to purchase some concentrate,what would be the ml i'd need to add? can i just pour it in and shake it a few times and leave for a week or am i missing something?

I have two bottles of the pg/vg mix from the cloud sessions. If was was to purchase some concentrate,what would be the ml i'd need to add? can i just pour it in and shake it a few times and leave for a week or am i missing something?

Kinda... sorta... it is as simple as mixing a few liquids but the variables are many.

You need to find a recipe you might like or easiest would be a pre-blended concentrate that you can just add to your PG/VG/NIC base. How much you add is dependant on the recipe and often adjusted to taste.

There are many resources on the net for beginners and I would recommend having a look at those, plenty of starter intro guides on YouTube too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVETqD3O0E

Depends on the flavouring. Work with percentages, look up the concentrate you have and see what % is recommended. If it's say 15% for a solo flavour, then it'll be 15% of the amount you wish to make. You may also want to fetch some nicotine base, unless you are a 0mg vaper?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Depends on the flavouring. Work with percentages, look up the concentrate you have and see what % is recommended. If it's say 15% for a solo flavour, then it'll be 15% of the amount you wish to make. You may also want to fetch some nicotine base, unless you are a 0mg vaper?

i think the bottles came 80/20 vg pg with 2mg nic?

i think they are these

http://ecirette.ie/shop/e-liquid/ecirette/ecirette-premium-mixing-liquid-base/.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Does anyone have any donut recipes? A really good one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

moleyv wrote: »
    Does anyone have any donut recipes? A really good one!!

Boom! Here you go.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/189384/BRONUTS+by+%255BENYAWREKLAW%255D

Boom! Here you go.

Thanks!

My mouth is watering. You can maybe guess I just refrained from getting some actual donuts while out getting something for lunch.

There is a blueberry recipe in the comments too, that might be more my thing.

i think the bottles came 80/20 vg pg with 2mg nic?

i think they are these

http://ecirette.ie/shop/e-liquid/ecirette/ecirette-premium-mixing-liquid-base/.

In that case you only need add some flavour concentrate at the right percent :)

What flavours do you have?

I'm planning on making something very similar to that. Whenever my choc glazed doughnut arrives!! But I will use Sugar cookie and Bavarian cream, maybe a drop of Cap VC1 too. I like me a creamy custard doughnut.

In that case you only need add some flavour concentrate at the right percent :)

What flavours do you have?

no flavours yet, looking around, i am not pushed going down the mixing route with multiple flavours....(yet)

I was hoping to get a nice pink lemonade/ SB Milkman/ Unicorn milk

any recommendations, from looking around a little, pink lemonade seems to be common enough pre mixed.

no flavours yet, looking around, i am not pushed going down the mixing route with multiple flavours....(yet)

I was hoping to get a nice pink lemonade/ SB Milkman/ Unicorn milk

any recommendations, from looking around a little, pink lemonade seems to be common enough pre mixed.

Not tried any pink lemonades, but most of them will state a suggested mix %, you just need bottles to mix in. If you have a 30ml bottle say, and it's recommended to mix at 15%, just add 4.5 ml of your concentrate to the bottle and fill with your vg/pg nic base. It is that simple :)

Just also know that the flavouring will be pg. So that will affect the vg/pg ratio of your final mix.

• Advertisement

You can look on pick n mix DIY, they were making up mixes of different flavours to make clone recipes.

Also vamp Vapes and T juice make pre mix concentrates.

Edit to add I've not tried those pick n mix pre mixes but they are following tried and tested recipes, so should be good.

Advertisement