Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

When I use them after every Trials game its more like 1 in 15. Dunno if its broken for Crucible or if Trials matches aren't long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Good thread about 3oC

Over 500 3oC The overall drop rate was 1 Exotic per 4.98 3oCs or 20.08%.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/49toq2/my_data_from_501_3ocs_and_the_resultant_100/

I just pop one at the start of every Crucible match if I remember.

Seems to be a good hit rate. And it was a nice addition to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Name Type Stats Cost
    An Insurmountable Skullfort Titan Helmet 33 Discipline // 36 Strength 13 SC
    Achlyophage Symbiote Hunter Helmet 35 Intellect // 32 Discipline 13 SC
    Heart of the Praxic Fire Warlock Chest Armor 81 Discipline 13 SC
    Exotic Engram Helmet Engram 19 SC
    Legacy Engram Helmet Engram 29 SC

Might pick up a couple of helmet engrams to put in storage til the spring update (have no idea if there are any exotic helms left to be released)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

quad_red wrote: »
    Wait wait wait... how exactly are you doing that? When in the mission and how many 3OCs do you pop per run on Scourge?

What I did was to pop one every 5-6 mins, normally at the start of the mission and then (if I got to the boss quickly enough, just before getting to Draksis) (I've read elsewhere it's 10 mins is the minimum time needed between pops, might try that this weekend). I didn't bother killing myself at the same time as finishing off the boss (well, not intentionally anyway!), so that when I hit the boss I'd have either one or two popped. I got 5 engrams over 13 runs (spending 25 3oC on them in total). I didn't farm it continuously, i might do 2/3 runs, then go and do a strike and then come back.
    Good thread about 3oC

Over 500 3oC The overall drop rate was 1 Exotic per 4.98 3oCs or 20.08%.

That would be consistent with my experience (5 engrams for 25 coins)

(For the first week of 3oC, there was no cooldown period so people were killing the boss and themselves, resetting to before the encounter, popping another 3oC, hoovering up any exotic that dropped from the last time, rinse repeat...). The cooldown was brought in to prevent this.

What I had been doing before was popping 5-6 at a time before hitting an ultra on any strike I'd been doing, and only getting the odd exotic, so that was completely wrong.

The 3oC effect stacks, but only if you leave a gap between popping them of (what looks now to be) 10 mins, and it's wiped once you have an exotic drop. I suspect you should still leave at least 10 mins between pops even if you've just gotten an exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

So if the effect stacks, should you be constantly popping 3oC?

Pop them every time you do something, regardless of whether you're killing an ultra.
    Then when you do kill an ultra, you can get the benefits of having the stacked several coins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Pop them every time you do something, regardless of whether you're killing an ultra.

No, only pop them ONCE per Ultra kill OR ONCE every 10 minutes of Crucible (weather that be every 1 or 2 games time depending)

Pi$$ing around in Patrol for 45 minutes and popping 3 3oC in that time won't me jack S**t

If you pop a 3oC and kill and Ultra and get NOTHING consider that a Check.... the more "Checks" you earn, the higher the chance the next time you'll get something.

As you can see, mostly 8 consecutive 3oC will net something as you've built up 7 "checks/ticks/whatever"

Only once did his/her "Checks" stack up to 14 before getting something on the 15th run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Might pick up a couple of helmet engrams to put in storage til the spring update (have no idea if there are any exotic helms left to be released)

You can check in the Bungie Armory. Glancing through the list there, I can see five four helmets that are rated as 310 that aren't in year 2.

ATS/8 Arachnid (Hunter)
    Eternal Warrior (Titan)
    The Glasshouse (Titan)
    Astrocyte Verse (Warlock)
    Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock) (Turns out this one is already in Y2 after all)

^ The Skull is Year 2 (I have a Year 2 one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

^ The Skull is Year 2 (I have a Year 2 one)

Ah cool, cheers, didn't recognise it (rarely play as a Warlock). I'll knock it off the list so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

No, only pop them ONCE per Ultra kill OR ONCE every 10 minutes of Crucible (weather that be every 1 or 2 games time depending)

Pi$$ing around in Patrol for 45 minutes and popping 3 3oC in that time won't me jack S**t

If you pop a 3oC and kill and Ultra and get NOTHING consider that a Check.... the more "Checks" you earn, the higher the chance the next time you'll get something.

As you can see, mostly 8 consecutive 3oC will net something as you've built up 7 "checks/ticks/whatever"

Only once did his/her "Checks" stack up to 14 before getting something on the 15th run

The cool down is separate for each character, so you can go to dreadnaught patrol, kill that ultra knight and then change character and rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I went through about ten 3OCs yesterday and nothing dropped. Then was in the Tower and there were two exotics in the postmaster - must have been blind.
    Oh and the NF was painful this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm getting in to the habit of popping them in the thrall circle during the Oryx battle. Many wipes on Oryx can have their upside!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That's where I would get drops most consistently. Crucible is very inconsistent for the 3oC. I find I'll get maybe one drop per session of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I went through about ten 3OCs yesterday and nothing dropped. Then was in the Tower and there were two exotics in the postmaster - must have been blind.

Didnt mind the nightfall this week, ran it a few times to get the strike exclusive stuff. Found it easier using bubble titan vs self-res warlock. I saw only a couple exotics drop as rewards, rest was 290-304 legendary stuff.

I had a few wipes on the NF. Was fine if you had a bubble titan - trying it with three hunters was not a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Picked up the insurmountable skullfort; not seeing too much of a difference yet. Tempted to stick with the Taikonaut for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Serbian wrote: »

I thought this was one of the exotics which wasn't released yet?
    Any idea when these exotics are going to be added in?

• No word from the powers that be.
    Best guess(s), the Spring update (or the one after that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

gimli2112 wrote: »

This weekend I got not one, but two exotics from one Draksis kill. I'd never seen that before (it was my second run (nothing dropped the previous run) and I had two 3oCs active (popped > 10 mins apart). He'd never dropped two rare ones before for me, let alone legendary or exotic. Ended up with a 310 No Land Beyond and another ATS/8 BP, infused the NLB into my Zhalo (now 307).

Overall, I got 4 exotics from 13 3oC, a decent haul.

On a side note, the Zhalo I infused was 300, became 307. A while later I infused 297 boots with 310 boots, they also became 307. I guess it depends on what type of equipment you're infusing? Can anyone point me at a site that calculates light post-infusion given a starting position and an infusion amount? I'll have a look around later on when I'm home from work.

http://www.destinyinfused.com/

Think I got two exotics in one drop once. Infusion calculator above.

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote:
    On a side note, the Zhalo I infused was 300, became 307. A while later I infused 297 boots with 310 boots, they also became 307. I guess it depends on what type of equipment you're infusing? Can anyone point me at a site that calculates light post-infusion given a starting position and an infusion amount? I'll have a look around later on when I'm home from work.

Exotic infusion works differently afaik, and takes a bit more to up the light.

PetKing wrote: »
    Exotic infusion works differently afaik, and takes a bit more to up the light.

yeah, exotics lose 20% of the LL when going up.

Something like, legendary 304+310 = new 310, exotic 304+310=308 new exotic. That site also has an app you can get on your phone.

Legacy Primary engram today's, time to try for your "thorns" again. He's also selling invective again, just in time Iron Banner next week.

Name Type Stats Cost
    Empyrean Bellicose Titan Helmet 30 Discipline // 36 Strength 13 SC
    Crest of Alpha Lupi Hunter Chest Armor 75 Intellect 13 SC
    Alchemist's Raiment Warlock Chest Armor 48 Intellect // 43 Strength 13 SC
    Invective Shotgun 17 SC
    Legacy Engram Primary Weapon Engram 31 SC

Just to confirm, the legacy primary COULD drop Dregs Promise yeah?

PetKing wrote: »
    Just to confirm, the legacy primary COULD drop Dregs Promise yeah?

For a while there was a bug where that's pretty much ALL it dropped :D
    But Dregs is a secondary not Primary

Cormac... wrote:
    For a while there was a bug where that's pretty much ALL it dropped But Dregs is a secondary not Primary

Ah balls, I missed that boat? Is Dregs not the PoE hand cannon?

• Nah, it's a sidearm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just as an aside, whats the difference between the legacy engram and the exotic?

• Advertisement

• Legacy engrams are for year one exotics, and are capped at year one levels.
    Regular exotic engrams give you exotics that are in year two, and can be infused to 320 (335 after April update)

Advertisement