Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March Intake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Is induction one day or two?

Yeap both days.

Is everyone bringing someone? I'm not sure who to bring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Me. Pick me. I promise I'll be on my best behaviour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Mop a top wrote: »
    Me. Pick me. I promise I'll be on my best behaviour ;)

Lol mop I don't think there's anyone who should go more than you! Hopefully it'll be your time soon enough :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Sorry my lovely I couldn't resist!!! Fingers crossed for April start ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Can I ask you guys a question regarding time scales? For you that are intaking in March,when did you do your physicals and medicals?
    Just wondering what the turn around time is between.
    I have my physical the start of next month.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Careful about dates on here ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

An idea for March Intake would have been one large whatsapp group so that we could all share the panic haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

DaveNi wrote: »
    An idea for March Intake would have been one large whatsapp group so that we could all share the panic haha.

A whatsapp group will be started once you commence training. One for the whole course and one for each individual class

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Does anyone know what way bank holidays/public holidays work while in GV? I'm assuming non existent but then someone pointed out to me trainers or admin staff/canteen staff would be entitled to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Does anyone know what way bank holidays/public holidays work while in GV? I'm assuming non existent but then someone pointed out to me trainers or admin staff/canteen staff would be entitled to them?

You don't work bank holidays during GV but work the following Saturday to make up for the lost day

• Advertisement

You don't work bank holidays during GV but work the following Saturday to make up for the lost day

Great, thanks for the reply! Making some very vague attempt to think about life outside GV, won't have much planned other than study, training and sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

I bet there are a few excited persons on here......and rightly so. it's the best job in the world but it doesn't come easy. Be prepared for a lot of hard work, complete exhaustion - particularly in the first 4 weeks (and on that note learn your online material thoroughly before you come in as you won't have a second to look at it once you're in and a fail = an official warning). it's a very tough course and you're fitness levels will need to be good, p.e is tough even for the fittest amongst my class so prep as much as possible. And finally - enjoy it, you will have very tough days but focus on the end result 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

I bet there are a few excited persons on here......and rightly so. it's the best job in the world but it doesn't come easy. Be prepared for a lot of hard work, complete exhaustion - particularly in the first 4 weeks (and on that note learn your online material thoroughly before you come in as you won't have a second to look at it once you're in and a fail = an official warning). it's a very tough course and you're fitness levels will need to be good, p.e is tough even for the fittest amongst my class so prep as much as possible. And finally - enjoy it, you will have very tough days but focus on the end result 🙂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Hi all! I bet you're looking forward to getting started soon. Here's a few thing to do and bring on your first day:

Make sure you bring the following to make life better and easier...

Cotton wool or a jeweller's cloth to bull. I much rather prefer the wool.

2 boot brushes, one for putting on and one for taking off polish

An ironing cloth, preferably a net for doing your trousers, soft shell etc. (ebay)

An old pair of tights or a cheap pair from asda to give your boots a quick buff after polishing. Unreal result.

An express polish pad for giving your no.2 boots a quick gleam in the morning.

A good pillow because the one they give you is paper thin.

Learn as many definitions before you start as possible. Try and get the first 10 done that's down for the week 8 exam as you'll struggle to find time to learn them in the first lot of weeks.

Online learning - just had a bit of a panic, do we complete part one, which then launches part 2 for use in GV as it says it takes 22 weeks to complete .... ie we don't need to have part 2 completed prior to going in? (Or am I about to be very busy?! I've completed part 1!)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Online learning - just had a bit of a panic, do we complete part one, which then launches part 2 for use in GV as it says it takes 22 weeks to complete .... ie we don't need to have part 2 completed prior to going in? (Or am I about to be very busy?! I've completed part 1!)

Hey there Part 2 is your Garnerville course, just ensure you have foundations and induction sections completed :)

Derob wrote: »
    Hey there Part 2 is your Garnerville course, just ensure you have foundations and induction sections completed :)

Thanks Derob! Thought I would have a brief look at what is ahead and am was doubting myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Good Luck for starting soon Lads and Ladies. Know that all of us are both willing you on and extreeeeeemly jealous.

Advertisement