Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I saw them reviewed on reddit and even checked them out myself but didn't see how ridiculously cheap the 30mls were... Again POTV will get you 10% off. Will need to look into their shipping...

Jesus christ their 90ml are less than $9 for TFA. Might have to stock up on the essentials... If anybody can get a better than 10% discount please post it. DARK20 seems to be finished :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah I thought it looked pretty good on there for prices. Seen it posted in one of the FB groups. I'm going to chance a few 30ml from there tomorrow maybe

They only deliver to UK addresses it seems, so it's one for PM

DS-VHB does 12%

They seem to do free shipping after a certain point. Not sure if it's UK only but still good

Yeah it's UK only, I tried Ireland for postage on a tester and got "Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time."

Let us know if you end up buying from there, will definitely use them for bulk if so. They seem cheaper than chefsvapour.

Jesus that TFA Caramel Original is some strong stuff. Added 2 drops to my 5ml tank of my favourite mix and it killed off every other flavour. Really tastes like what you want though, think I just need to refine it.

Sometimes 10mls of a concentrate is too much, other times it can be gone in a week!

• Advertisement

I will probably try it when I'm planning to buy a lot of flavours, for now I just ordered with P'n'M again. Got some Capella peaches and cream, Mollinberry Mango, TFA Greek yogurt and VBIC and a 30ml of Capella's VC1, also some more VG and a few bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ohmplate

I've used Darkstar for concentrates and nic. Used parcel motel. Delivery was 2 working days and they threw in some free syringes.

I got their fruit loops concentrate which is nice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Yeah it's UK only, I tried Ireland for postage on a tester and got "Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time."

Possible alternative to Parcel Motel:-

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/About+An+Post/Media+Centre/Press+Releases/2016/Shop+online+to+your+post+office+everyone+needs+an+AddressPal.htm

Just launched today, I haven't checked it out but intend to. If nothing else it looks like it will provide an other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

judas1369 wrote: »
    Possible alternative to Parcel Motel:-

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/About+An+Post/Media+Centre/Press+Releases/2016/Shop+online+to+your+post+office+everyone+needs+an+AddressPal.htm

Just launched today, I haven't checked it out but intend to. If nothing else it looks like it will provide an other option.

I was going to use the AnPost yesterday(€3.50) it's 45c cheaper than PM & it has a UK address in St.Albans Herts which is great for the sellers with free shipping.
    Free shipping is not always available with PM & the NI Address.
    I used the PM yesterday as the seller allowed free shipping to NI,reason I didn't use AnPost was laziness,I already had the PM address as my primary on ebay & couldn't be bothered to change it to St.Albans :D:D

Will look into that one for sure! How are they on liquids though?? Course ... they wouldn't know what's in the package

I mixed up some new juices last night. A peach and mango yogurt, a peach, mango and strawberry ice cream, and a banana/butterscotch custard.

The yogurt one is very sour, I know it'll need steeping, but I might change it up to a yogurt cheesecake with some cheesecake graham cracker. It feels like it needs a bit of a kick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

The Flavor Apprentice is now available at Cloudhouse, 20 and 50 ml, POV15 for 15 per cent off and I think it's 50 euro spend for free delivery.

Was just about to post it :D

20ml bottles for €5.10, not too shabby. There's a 5-pack deal also, 5x 20ml for €22. Using that code you're getting 100ml of various flavouring for less than €20. I'll wait till I'm going to order some bulk for that free post!

50ml bottles for €10.20, or 5x 50 for €45

I think chefsvapour and darkstar and still better value for bulk. I managed to get 100ml of Strawberry Ripe from CV for less than 9 euro but I was lucky and used 2 codes at once. Darkstar do 30ml for around €4.50 without the 12% discount

Capella are discontinuing a good few flavours because of acetoin, diacetyl and acetylproprionyl. Hope this doesn't start a trend. Ketone free versions are just garbage versions of the originals. There I said it

I don't get all the panic over diacetyl. There has yet to be one single case of someone getting in serious lung trouble from vaing juices containing it. A good few of my flavourings show up with that warning tag on the E-lr site. I just think, meh, if others want to try this, they can go ahead and use alternatives if they want.

Here's my latest creation, and it is extremely morish -

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/499838/Long+gone+day

I'm not huge on peach in e-liquids, I do like the fruit. But I asked 'herself what type of juice she'd like me to try, and she wanted a peach ice cream. I made a different one for her [hers has more peaches and cream and a kick of strawberry ripe, with more VBIC and no yogurt] , but decided I'd do up a yogurt type one for myself. Man, I made 50ml 2 days ago, and I wanted to steep it for at least a week, but it's half gone :D will definitely do up another batch tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I wouldn't touch the stuff. A major reason I got into diy was to have control over the make-up of my juice.

This will cause damage to the lungs and while it's very unlikely to be something major I personally don't need any more damage done after 25 years on the smokes.

Doesn't bother me even in the slightest tbh. I just get the flavours I want, if they happen to have acetoin or whatever, so be it. I don't think any of them use diacetyl now?

DIY for me is to save money I guess #1. But it's a hobby also. It's fun. I also like the control, but more for strength of flavour reasons. I tend to like around 20% flavouring in general. Some of the 'premiums' lose flavour before the bottle is done I find.

The only time I have ever felt any side effects from vaping og any kind, was once when I was chain vaping 24mg and suddenly felt I needed to dry wretch! lesson learned .... and a few times got mild nasea or head ache from very high PG juices. Since I've gone mostly 80 VG, 70 minimum, I've not had this one time.

The consensus on diacetyl is that there is 75-100 times less than regular cigarettes. If that's true that I wouldn't be so worried, but there are other compounds too. It makes flavours taste great and the V2/DX variants suck by comparison but that's just my opinion on them. I hope they don't discontinue too much, at least give us the choice.

A certain amount of acetoin will convert to diacetyl when heated. It's harder to get away from acetoin then diacetyl and I put up with a certain amount. If your juice is taking on a yellow tone after steeping it's the acetoin showing through.

Funny how nicotine is self limiting, too much and it makes you feel sick and dizzy. If I ever get that from too much vaping I just keep lowering the nic in my next mix till I'm happy.

I only noticed when it arrived that my banana cream is the DX version. Or rather, I didn't know DX meant 'nasty' free basically when ordering. It's not bad, I can't compare it to the normal version as I've never tried it. But I just got Capella custard V1, and that's known to have acetoin and maybe diacetyl in there, but I wanted to try it as the TFA VC is too weak for my liking. More a vanilla cream.

On the nic, yeah, when I started vaping I thought the more nic the better to keep me away from smoking. I was buying all 18-24mg, and found I was chaining hard at the start. It was a mint choc juice from Alchemist cupboard that done me in, I also knew nothing about steeping, and that juice was dark, almost black! Tasted real good though. I'm down to 3mg regular these days.

I made my new mix with CAP custard instead of TFA's, it's so much nicer. Finally understand why people go mad for it. Is there any consensus on what the best value concentrates are? Anyone used darkstar yet?

• Advertisement

chipfox wrote: »
    I made my new mix with CAP custard instead of TFA's, it's so much nicer. Finally understand why people go mad for it. Is there any consensus on what the best value concentrates are? Anyone used darkstar yet?

Same here, I found TPA custard way too weak, got a 30ml of Capella's last week and loving it. Actually tastes like custard, which is nice :D

I just ordered from darkstar today, and used the an post UK service. Will report back how long it takes. I had to actually order from 3 different sites today to get what I needed. Each one was missing one one or other ingredient for me

What's all this shisha stuff about? And where do I get some?

What's all this shisha stuff about? And where do I get some?

I know a guy.... who knows a guy... ;)

Sure isn't this just the sweetened flavoured tobacco smoked out of a hookah water pipe?

Ah are they all tobacco related? I see shisha strawberry/raspberry etc being mentioned around the place :/

on DIY, I made up a clone of Halo's Kringle's Kurse for some friends. I'm not big on menthol at all, but this stuff is tasty. SO I made a side batch for myself with blackcurrant. For that odd time I fancy a menthol vape.

I ordered some stuff from Darkstar also, yesterday morn. And it's still in the processing queue grrr

I've seen some stuff on eBay that calls mods/atomisers electronic shisha pipes and juices being called shisha juices so I'd say it's all just the usual e-liquid by another name.

I don't do a lot of menthol but it can be nice occasionally and great if I have a cold and can't taste anything else. I mostly do MTL but a big long lung hit of menthol can be quite refreshing.

Found the shisha concentrates, they're all by Inawera: https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/80-inawera-concentrates?p=5

I wonder why so many are harping on about them? They must be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

You can get an 'e' hookah these days. They are fairly expensive. Maybe those juices are made for them.

I've looked a little into the Shisha concentrates. Seems they're very good, and you only use very low percentages towards most others. So your 10ml with stretch further.

Just bought this scales: http://www.sordan.ie/product/76/digital-jewelry-pocket-scale-200g001g/

€11 withe free post within Ireland seems good. Should do the job for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I've been enjoying this quite a bit recently.

All TPA flavours.

Butterscotch 5%
    Creme De Menthe 5%
    Bavarian Cream 3%

You end up with Murray Mint vape. I like to add menthol to this too. Needs at least a week.

Not totally sold on the butterscotch but the TPA one is the only one i've tried.

• Advertisement

I've been enjoying this quite a bit recently.

All TPA flavours.

Butterscotch 5%
    Creme De Menthe 5%
    Bavarian Cream 3%

You end up with Murray Mint vape. I like to add menthol to this too. Needs at least a week.

Not totally sold on the butterscotch but the TPA one is the only one i've tried.

I've got the flavours to try this, sounds interesting. I have actually thought about a mint toffee, there was one I used to get from Trip Hammer years ago called Mintoff - But I don't think they really nailed it.

I'll have a play with yours as a starting point :D I also have caramel, maybe a little tip of that would make it more toffee-like? I have menthol too. I actually only have the menthols because I was making up some requested juices for friends and they were willing to cover me for the ingredients basically. May as well experiment a bit with the leftovers

Advertisement