Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 - Guardians

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mickeroo wrote: »
    And betray you if you have the audacity to pick it up before they do.

I don't even bother with it in this. Pace is too quick.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Someone made this for that sort of thing: http://www.halocarnage.com/

You can get it on the apple app store and google play store too I think.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    I don't even bother with it in this. Pace is too quick.

yeah the maps are much too close quaters orientated for it, and it's a lot easier to get sneaked up on too. I still grab it any chance I get in BTB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

@turtyturd

Star killer is if you kill someone who is in the process of doing a ground pound.

Fiesta slayer is up now, good fun if a bit chaotic.

Also, this is the first halo where I've not totally sucked with the sniper rifle. Now, I'm no 420blazeitsnipesxxz, but I do alright.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I managed to rank from Gold 3 all the way up to Platinum 1 in FFA since the new season started, I haven't a clue how the ranking works for it though.

I thought it was a case of a top 3 finish counting as a "win" (even though in your stats it's a loss unless you're 1st), and I did manage to finish top three in most matches. The thing is though there were definitely matches where I came 4th or 5th and my rank still went up after cause I could see the little green arrow on the post match screen.

If I keep this up I'll be in Champion by the end of next week :pac:

@turtyturd

Star killer is if you kill someone who is in the process of doing a ground pound.

Fiesta slayer is up now, good fun if a bit chaotic.

Also, this is the first halo where I've not totally sucked with the sniper rifle. Now, I'm no 420blazeitsnipesxxz, but I do alright.

Cheers for that.

Fiesta slayer is a good break from the norm. Really miss the rockets and hammers playlists from Halo 3 though.

• Advertisement

Have to say, fiesta is great for getting through otherwise hard to do commendations, I'm going through binary and beam rifle and incineration cannon ones like nobody's business.

I enjoyed it but find myself starting with things like the AR and Plasma canon a disproportionate amount of times.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but find myself starting with things like the AR and Plasma canon a disproportionate amount of times.

I think that's imagination though. I've often been behind and next thing I spawn in with a boltshot and plasma pistol. Almost guaranteed cannon fodder.

Yeah I think it is in my head, the bad load outs are going to stick out more. Although if it happens a while into a game there's plenty of weapons about to change for.

How long is the playlist due to run for?

Just a week, will likely be back again at some stage though.

• Advertisement

Just a week, will likely be back again at some stage though.

we're badly overdue some shotty snipers. love that playlist.

we're badly overdue some shotty snipers. love that playlist.

Team snipers is back up this weekend, close enough.

Halo world championships are on this weekend for a 2.5 million dollar prize pool.

twitch.tv/halo for anyone who's interested, been watching a bit myself and it's brilliant stuff seeing how the pros control the map/spawns and how they make full use of the traversal options. Well worth checking it out.

Community forge maps added to BTB, not had a chance to give it a go yet but looks like there's a few classics in there :)

Community forge maps added to BTB, not had a chance to give it a go yet but looks like there's a few classics in there :

Hopped on last night for an hour and played a few rounds, the new maps are definitely a cut above what's there so far. Eagle square was a particular highlight , but I'm a sucker for symmetrical maps. The lightning changes ton deadlock are a big improvement and the sandtrap reimagining is very well done also. Didn't come across Valhalla yet though :(

Hopped on last night for an hour and played a few rounds, the new maps are definitely a cut above what's there so far. Eagle square was a particular highlight , but I'm a sucker for symmetrical maps. The lightning changes ton deadlock are a big improvement and the sandtrap reimagining is very well done also. Didn't come across Valhalla yet though :(

Had a few matches this morning and had a go at 4 of the new maps I think, they all seem very good and a step up on what was there already. Nice open maps with plenty of space for vehicular combat. Had one go of BTB on Valhalla (Viking as it's called this time around) and it plays brilliantly, honestly I'd just take a playlist of that map alone and I'd be delighted with it. :D

Had a few matches this morning and had a go at 4 of the new maps I think, they all seem very good and a step up on what was there already. Nice open maps with plenty of space for vehicular combat. Had one go of BTB on Valhalla (Viking as it's called this time around) and it plays brilliantly, honestly I'd just take a playlist of that map alone and I'd be delighted with it. :D

Played another hour and still no game on valhalla for me, scavenger is a really high quality map, it could pass for being an official one. The other urban map is great as well. Had an epic game of strongholds on it, it's possible to circle the map in a warthog, effectively acting as a patrol, had great fun on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

have only really been playing 5 online the last few days, but good to see some bigger maps.

Where the hell do i change my loadout?

Also what are requisitions?

have only really been playing 5 online the last few days, but good to see some bigger maps.

Where the hell do i change my loadout?

Also what are requisitions?

There's no loadouts, 4 was the only Halo game to have them and got panned because of it, it's more about everyone starting on an even footing than anything else with the better weapons scattered around the map. Big Team you get the BR instead of a pistol.

In warzone once you level up a little you can equip better guns provided you have unlocked them in a req pack. Requisitions are mainly for warzone, think of it as a MOBA where your character levels up, once you have reached a high enough level you go to the req stations on the map where you can call in a weapon or vehicle or a buff like overshield or camo.

As you play the game you're awarded req points (this happens in regular multiplayer too) and with the req points you can buy the requisition packs, the req packs will have special weapons and vehicles for use in warzone as well as unlock cosmetic items such as emblems, weapon skins and armour. You can buy them with real money too but I wouldn't recommend that. I generally buy silver packs as you're guaranteed two permanent unlocks from them up to rare. You only get ultra rare and legendary from the gold packs but it's better to buy silver at first as you can unlock most of the common and rare stuff from them.

I don't really play warzone so I sell all the weapon and vehicle cards I get for more req points, the only cards you can use in normal multiplayer are the boosts which give you extra xp or req points.

Finished the campaign last night. I enjoyed it, and think that 343 really have done a good job expanding the universe, and the early levels on the deserted space station and Meridian are brilliant and different to anything from the previous games. Also enjoyed the Sanghelios/Kamino level.

The confrontation between Locke and Chief was overhyped though and didn't really amount to anything. I think the Hunt the Truth podcast made a better effort at making Chief seem like a fugitive than the game. Chief also didn't feature enough for me. I dunno if the plan is for a COD style year on year off split between Blue team and Osiris , so this game was used to establish the new characters, but they should have learned from Halo 2 that people want Chief in the game. They probably also should have learned from 2 that people want a proper ending. Although I have no issue with either and think they are both good cliffhangers.

On the legendary ending,
    Halsey's reaction was a nice throwback to Cortana's reaction when he rescued her from the Gravemind. Is that a new Installation? I am guessing so since the Infinity was making random jumps, and the original 7 locations are all known. Also guessing we will see the return of the flood, and from the whistling at the end Guilty Spark will be back.

• Advertisement

Gamespot have a preview of the new maps coming with the april update.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-halo-5-free-dlc-maps-revealed-see-them-here/1100-6436142/

I have to say, this new content every month for the low low price of free, certainly keeps me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I really gotta come back to this, finished the campaign, didn't like it. Played a few games online and loved it but never played since.

Glad to see the new arena map has a different aesthetic this time.

This weekend they're having a turbo warzone weekend. Req levels recharge at a very rapid rate and level 9 reqs can be called in straight from the start. Going to be pretty crazy I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Yea I played a few games of the turbo warzone. Went back to normal afterwards. Much more balanced. If you come up against a team who is in anyway good in Turbo you're screwed from the start nearly.

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Yea I played a few games of the turbo warzone. Went back to normal afterwards. Much more balanced. If you come up against a team who is in anyway good in Turbo you're screwed from the start nearly.

I've played a lot of it over the weekend and find it to be a lot more fun as the action ramps up immediately after you've captured your home base. I've burned more req cards this weekend than I have since I bought the game as I tend to just run and gun. With the penalty for dying soon after spawning removed I don't feel the need to be as cautious.

A hands on with firefight:

Warzone firefight beta is live, played a few rounds last night. my initial thoughts would be that

1. Its too easy, I was playing with randoms and we never failed to complete the 5 waves
    2. It probably needs more req stations, its quite easy to find yourself low on ammo and miles from a station - this is really apparent if you get lots of prometheans as they're complete bullet sponges.
    3. probably tied to no. 1, but the AI is dumb as a rock, very much of the stand still and shoot variety for the most part.
    4. something about the huge open map is kind of off putting to me, it doesn't have that 'halo' feel to be taking on grunts etc from miles away.

That being said, its only a beta, so there is potential to make improvements, the req payout is reasonably good for the time invested, I dont think I'd play a huge amount of it once I'd have my commendations completed, but its a fun distaction all the same. I think I was expecting something a bit more like Destinys Prison of elders though.

Warzone firefight beta is live, played a few rounds last night. my initial thoughts would be that

1. Its too easy, I was playing with randoms and we never failed to complete the 5 waves
    2. It probably needs more req stations, its quite easy to find yourself low on ammo and miles from a station - this is really apparent if you get lots of prometheans as they're complete bullet sponges.
    3. probably tied to no. 1, but the AI is dumb as a rock, very much of the stand still and shoot variety for the most part.
    4. something about the huge open map is kind of off putting to me, it doesn't have that 'halo' feel to be taking on grunts etc from miles away.

That being said, its only a beta, so there is potential to make improvements, the req payout is reasonably good for the time invested, I dont think I'd play a huge amount of it once I'd have my commendations completed, but its a fun distaction all the same. I think I was expecting something a bit more like Destinys Prison of elders though.

I haven't had a go yet but I think the main issue will be that the maps probably were ever designed with a horde more in mind and that's why they feel too open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I haven't played this game in months(multiplayer) as I only get a chance at weekends and the internet is really bad where I live so I let the xbox download all last night got up today all set to play and another 12GB download, f ck sake like. It will take me all weekend to download that so it won't be until next weekend before I get to play again.

This generation xbox have update files as large as the original game files.

Advertisement