Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

They're the only bleeding thing that'll drop for me with 3oC.

Infuse material
    Forgot to say, stock up on 3oC if you're playing Iron Banner!

3oC = :mad::(:mad:
    ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is it worth it using 3oC's in IB?

Depends on your luck. I've gone through just over 100 3oC's and my drop rate is 1:17. So, it's a meh from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah they drop exotics. I can't remember the drop rate but think it's on par with pve

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It feels like about 1 in 7 from all anecdotal evidence I've seen here/chat/personally/reddit.

You'll see people touting it as being 1 in 5
    But for every one of those, there's a comment saying another person thinks its 1 in 10.

If you popped 25 and didn't get 3 exotics, I'd be fairly suprised myself.
    But bar in mind that you NEED to wait 10 mins.

A lot of games of Rift, Crimson Doubles etc don't last 10 mins, so popping one every match wasn't ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I stopped actively using them during SRL. Granted, the races never took longer than 5 mins, so that could account for a few "lost" chances. I've never expected to get an exotic with every 3oC, would be happy enough with 1 in 10. At this stage I've kinda given up on them, they just feel like another worthless, to me, money sink.

At this stage I've kinda given up on them, they just feel like another worthless, to me, money sink.

As long as you have 60+ Strange Coins, you're never going to be "Short" for Xur.
    Might aswell use em on 3oC

• Advertisement

Haven't seen Xur in about two weeks and still have hundreds of them. Actually running out of strange coins. I'll need to start farming them soon.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Actually running out of strange coins.

Umm, how :confused:

I think you play more than me and I've a couple hundred

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Umm, how :confused:

I think you play more than me and I've a couple hundred

I think he is spending his coins on beer :P

I havent been near Xur in ages and my lad has stocked up on my coins I have over 100 now so I am going to have to get on this evening haha

Took big hit when TTK dropped first. Kept buying exotic helmet engrams. Ended up with about 15 in my vault. this was before I was 310+ so I kept getting lower LL ones. Running out is probably relative I'd have more than a hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes, as long as there's 10 mins between popping them

Why 10 minutes though? Does it not reset after each game?

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Why 10 minutes though? Does it not reset after each game?

When 3OC first dropped we all went to a ship on Venus, killed the final boss, killed ourselves and rinsed and repeated. Bungie put a time limit on the 3Ocs as a result. Most of us had all/most of the exotics in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The way I see it, if you're playing I.B. tonight and you pop 3oC between each match, you're guaranteed a 310 exotic at the end of the night.

Possibly 2 exotics if you play long enough.

That being said, I keep forgetting to pop them, like a chump, and walk away with nowt!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

I've found a higher chance with 3oC when killing the taken ultras that spawn on patrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Name Type Stats Cost
    Mk. 44 Stand Asides Titan Leg Armor 44 Intellect // 40 Strength 13 SC
    Graviton Forfeit Hunter Helmet 59 Intellect 13 SC
    Nothing Manacles Warlock Gauntlets 56 Discipline 13 SC
    Hawkmoon Hand Cannon 23 SC
    Legacy Engram Primary Weapon Engram 31 SC

Don't need any of it myself but that is a good set on sale from snake face today.

High Intellect on the forfeit and High Discipline on the Manacles are two very good stat rolls, imo.

Hawkmoon ain't close to what it used to be though - still a fun gun to run around with a bit though.

Was just thinking how excited I used to be for Bohrio's post telling us what Xur had on a Friday morning. Typically posted about 5 minutes after he landed in the Tower. Remember when all this was just fields and Bohrio?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

gimli2112 wrote:
    Was just thinking how excited I used to be for Bohrio's post telling us what Xur had on a Friday morning. Typically posted about 5 minutes after he landed in the Tower. Remember when all this was just fields and Bohrio?

He farmed these fields and the ones in the next town over very well! Not surprised he's taking a well earned break (I hope!)

Name Type Stats Cost
    Mk. 44 Stand Asides Titan Leg Armor 44 Intellect // 40 Strength 13 SC
    Graviton Forfeit Hunter Helmet 59 Intellect 13 SC
    Nothing Manacles Warlock Gauntlets 56 Discipline 13 SC
    Hawkmoon Hand Cannon 23 SC
    Legacy Engram Primary Weapon Engram 31 SC

Don't need any of it myself but that is a good set on sale from snake face today.

High Intellect on the forfeit and High Discipline on the Manacles are two very good stat rolls, imo.

Hawkmoon ain't close to what it used to be though - still a fun gun to run around with a bit though.

I need everything there except for the Legacy engram :|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

got lucky, thorn from the second legacy I popped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Why are Xur's rolls so low? Pain in the arse.

Don't they start low but will rank up to 70 something ?

• Advertisement

They're way lower than any other exotic I have...
    Their ranked up stat is equal to the base stat of my other exotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Once you buy them you have the blueprints and can buy more in the tower with different rolls though? Or use those needles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Got thorn and hard light from my two legacy engrams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Why are legacy engrams so expensive? Are they Y1 weapons (with 160-170 light stats)?
    I generally buy 35 coins worth of 3OC. This weekend I learned how to use them properly and farmed the Scourge of Winter mission. From about 12 runs (using 25 3OC), I got 5 engrams (Primary (310 Hawkmoon), Secondary (310 Hereafter), Heavy (rolled a 310 TruthThorn, now am 313 light yaay) and two 310 gauntlets. By leaving a gap between popping of approx. 6-7 mins, I managed to score in one day more engrams than I'd got in the previous month. (I'd been popping 6-7 at a time and then raging when I didn't get a drop - I'd been using them incorrectly).

So, for a little more than the price of 1 legacy (and the time taken to do it, of course) I managed to get my max light from 311.8 to 313.3, upgraded to a 310 Hawkmoon from a 294 as well as getting some infusion material (the gauntlets and dismantling the old Hawkmoon).

Yakuza wrote: »
    Why are legacy engrams so expensive?

2 reasons, they are only really for collectors and secondly they basically have a VERY high chance of rolling an Exotic you never have/had. So it's a good way of getting a Red Death etc to be unlocked at the Exotic iPhone shop
    Are they Y1 weapons (with 160-170 light stats)?

AFAIK yes

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Heavy (rolled a 310 Thorn

I think your telling lies and should tell the Truth :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think your telling lies and should tell the Truth :P

Lol yes, had "Thorn" on my mind. 310 Truth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

This weekend I learned how to use them properly and farmed the Scourge of Winter mission. From about 12 runs (using 25 3OC), I got 5 engrams (Primary (310 Hawkmoon), Secondary (310 Hereafter), Heavy (rolled a 310 TruthThorn, now am 313 light yaay) and two 310 gauntlets. By leaving a gap between popping of approx. 6-7 mins, I managed to score in one day more engrams than I'd got in the previous month. (I'd been popping 6-7 at a time and then raging when I didn't get a drop - I'd been using them incorrectly). .

Wait wait wait... how exactly are you doing that? When in the mission and how many 3OCs do you pop per run on Scourge?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

quad_red wrote: »
    Wait wait wait... how exactly are you doing that? When in the mission and how many 3OCs do you pop per run on Scourge?

At the end of the mission where you have kill the end boss. Get his health really low, stand beside him with a Rocket launcher and kill him and yourself at the same time. You restart the checkpoint -- at the entrance to the boss's room. Any exotics engrams that may have dropped will be available to pick up. It's boring but you get exotics and is also a good way to get ether seeds if you are short (for buying heavy ammo from Variks).
    I think the cool down for 3OC is around 10mins.

• Advertisement

Good thread about 3oC

Over 500 3oC The overall drop rate was 1 Exotic per 4.98 3oCs or 20.08%.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/49toq2/my_data_from_501_3ocs_and_the_resultant_100/

Advertisement