Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I'm trying to place an order from everything liquid but I can't register on the site.

Anyone else had any problems?

Not had a problem. Do you have an adblocker running? might be interfering. Try again later and if it's still not working send them an email and they will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

8mm wrote: »
    Not had a problem. Do you have an adblocker running? might be interfering. Try again later and if it's still not working send them an email and they will sort you out.

Cheers, i tried it on my phone and it doesn't work either. I'll send them an email.

I'll sleep better at night when I have 250ml*4 of 72mg in the freezer!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Don't forget to used vouchers POTV and UKV to get a few % off, and obviously hit the mark for free shipping and use Parcel Motel!

Finally I'm at the stage where I can make up a load of different recipes and just let them steep away. I was always chasing what I made but giving the juices time really helps. They smell so much nicer and go much darker. My mother's milk clone is a lovely orange / red and it smells so amazing.

Kind of regretting the 30ml of Cinnamon Danish Swirl I bought, the stuff is so insanely potent I'll probably never get through it!

Just mixing up some "Mustard Milk" now. Really basic recipe but it was voted the best DIY mix of 2014 by the reddit DIY community.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/33ns4t/mustard_milk_or_strawberries_and_cream_the/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

What's the best vanilla cream type to get for ones like that? I see vanilla bean gelato, french vanilla, vanilla cupcake, vanilla bean ice cream etc ... which one is best to grab to kind of, cover them all just for now?

My order arrived in Kells this morn at 6am, credit to Pick'n'mix, as I only ordered it yesterday. BUT, Kells post office have decided I shouldn't have it today [I'm 10 miles away ffs] .... usual BS, always the post office holds up your mail, not the seller.

You'll get it tomorrow I'm 99% sure.

Honestly I probably haven't tried enough. I think messing around and making your own is half the fun of it. You can even buy vanillin crystals and dissolve it in PG but the concentrates are probably way better. I find VBIC fairly weak compared to TFA's Vanilla Custard in terms of Vanilla but I've probably never left them long enough or used the right %

I threw some VBIC into my FA Banana along with some Bavarian Cream recently and it smells pretty nice. Don't get a huge smell of vanilla of it but I have a feeling it'll be good. Might be worth getting some vanillin just to add to some vanilla concentrates

• Advertisement

I have some TFA VC on the way, I'll fly through that I reckon. My original plan was lots of cheesecake, but then I found the milkshake and I'm actually more excited to try that out :D

I see on fizzymustard's mustard milk he uses TFA strawberry, how does that compare to Sweet strawberry from Capella? I like the idea of very simple shake and vapes to go too. I'll probably try similar with just that sweet strawberry and some VC

Ah crap I made it with Ripe, never knew there was a regular one. Might have to add more strawberry but will see how it goes. It seems all those popular recipes are generally good though, like you'll never really be disappointed if you like all the flavours they use. I tried to make my own but it takes so much time, need some proven stuff steeping while I experiment on the side

Biggest pain in the ass is having a drawer full of concentrates and all of a sudden you're missing one flavour! I have at least 30 different concentrates now and can't stop buying more...

Yeah in the comments someone asks about using Ripe strawberry, but he replied it wouldn't have the same tanginess to it. Someone else asked about Capellas but got no answer. I'll try it when I get it anyway :)

I have a couple recipes threw up on private on ELR, just going by what others have tried across many recipes. I will actually try them for the craic :D But will do some known safe ones too.

Going to throw this Q in here too, as it's related, for me at least.

Since I will be making a few different mixtures, and doing the trial and error part starting out, I feel I will now require a dripping atty. Something I haven't used in about 2 years, and even then I just messed about with a crappy one for a week before going back to tanks! And at the time, coils were more like 1.8 average. I want something neat, simple, with good airflow, that's easy to re-wick with cotton [I would probably get the shop to rig it up for me to start, then learn to build it later] - I'll want a 0.4 - 0.6 single coil. Any recommendations? Cheaper, yet better quality, the better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Since I will be making a few different mixtures, and doing the trial and error part starting out, I feel I will now require a dripping atty. Something I haven't used in about 2 years, and even then I just messed about with a crappy one for a week before going back to tanks! And at the time, coils were more like 1.8 average. I want something neat, simple, with good airflow, that's easy to re-wick with cotton - I'll want a 0.4 - 0.6 single coil. Any recommendations? Cheaper, yet better quality, the better

Derringer rda is top class,small, easy coiled/wicked, good afc and reasonably priced. Cant go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

jno547 wrote: »
    Derringer rda is top class,small, easy coiled/wicked, good afc and reasonably priced. Cant go wrong.

Mine leaked like a f**ked fridge, it was constantly seeping from just taking the top off to drip.
    If recommend something with top airflow instead, like the wotofo sapor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

EGriff wrote:
    Mine leaked like a f**ked fridge, it was constantly seeping from just taking the top off to drip. If recommend something with top airflow instead, like the wotofo sapor.

Overfilling is the common reason for leaks, its a small juice well on the Derringer so basically a wet wick is plenty.
    Ideal for just testing juice though.

I'll have a look at both, cheers.

Watched a couple of simple build vids last night and it's refreshed my memory a bit. Looks simple enough. Grimm green did one on a simple dual coil build, he was using 24 guage kanthal, and with 7 wraps for each came out with a 0.3 ohm build [he was using that wotofo] - if say, you wanted a 0.5/6 ohm dual coil, you'd just do more wraps, am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

If I was you I'd just buy some coils, you can get bags of pre made ones for a few quid.

But then I am very lazy.

EGriff wrote: »
    If I was you I'd just buy some coils, you can get bags of pre made ones for a few quid.

But then I am very lazy.

So am I! :D I might actually do that to start. There's vids out there showing people clean off coils and say they've had ones last anything up to 6 months!! just change out the wicks when needed. That's my ideal atty

My DIY mail is on it's way, whoop! But imagine ... it had to go to 10 miles up the road from me first, then back to Dublin ... 45 miles away, so it could be delivered back to me ... that Irish post system ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Going to throw this Q in here too, as it's related, for me at least.

Since I will be making a few different mixtures, and doing the trial and error part starting out, I feel I will now require a dripping atty. Something I haven't used in about 2 years, and even then I just messed about with a crappy one for a week before going back to tanks! And at the time, coils were more like 1.8 average. I want something neat, simple, with good airflow, that's easy to re-wick with cotton [I would probably get the shop to rig it up for me to start, then learn to build it later] - I'll want a 0.4 - 0.6 single coil. Any recommendations? Cheaper, yet better quality, the better :D

A good RDA that has a Velocity deck is a must these days,so easy to build coils or pre-made coils,here is a video showing the two post Velocity deck,I might even add this one to my collection....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHREx9AJAlA

Had my first mix session tonight, made up 160ml of juices [50, 50, 15, 15, 30ml] - all some form of strawberry/banana/butterscotch/caramel - cheesecake/milkshake, but it was fun :) Vaping one right now, that I gave a quick warm bath to:

Strawberry (Ripe) 10%
    Sweet Cream 2%
    TFA vanilla custard 4%
    Caramel 2%

Feels like it needs an overnight at least, the caramel is definitely the strongest factor atm. But, it's nice :)

This is loosely based on what chipfox posted other day as a shake'n'vape, only I had no orange so just tried the caramel :D gives it a kind of candy floss flavor. But I think 1% might have been enough.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

One of my fav juices is Beard Vape #05, I'm not sure what strawberry they use, probably the sweet one, but if I can even get close-ish to it I'd be happy. I'll be doing a version with strawberry ripe also. A sweet strawberry creamy cheesecake. I also love Claim your throne, so I'll have a stab at that too. Or similar at least, a sugary butterscotch custard

I just mixed up 15ml of a beard 5 clone and gave it a warm bath, it smells exactly like the real thing. Vaping away in an ego one mega tank with a .07 nickel coil, wow can't believe how close it is without any steeping.

10% CAP NY Cheesecake
    5% CAP Sweet Strawberry
    60% VG

Simple!

Hmm, never tried any of those mixes but realised I have some CAP Sweet Strawberry left over. What's the cheesecake like by itself? I've a drawer full of new concentrates I got last week but I'm working so much lately I haven't had much time to experiment. Still need to try CAP NY CC in my Mother's Milk clone!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

chipfox wrote: »
    Hmm, never tried any of those mixes but realised I have some CAP Sweet Strawberry left over. What's the cheesecake like by itself? I've a drawer full of new concentrates I got last week but I'm working so much lately I haven't had much time to experiment. Still need to try CAP NY CC in my Mother's Milk clone!

I've never tried the CC by itself! This is the first time I've bought concentrates to try recipes, I've only ever mixed pre made concentrates. I got some mothers milk pre made concentrate from pick n mix diy, can't wait to see what all the fuss is about. Going to try a grants vanilla custard clone too. Let me know what you think of my recipe if you get the chance to mix some up!

• Advertisement

Might do up a 10ml and see, don't have too much left. Went with a 100ml Strawberry Ripe and just realising so many recipes use capella's sweet one!

I just mixed up 15ml of a beard 5 clone and gave it a warm bath, it smells exactly like the real thing. Vaping away in an ego one mega tank with a .07 nickel coil, wow can't believe how close it is without any steeping.

10% CAP NY Cheesecake
    5% CAP Sweet Strawberry
    60% VG

Simple!

I am thinking that Cap NYC cheesecake might be a key factor, because i don't have it, and my attempts for Beard 05 have been .... meh ... BUT, I have been successful-ish in a way, and created a nice milkshake, what I call CAKE SHAKE:

Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) - 4%
    Milkshake (Molinberry) - 5%
    Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) - 6%
    Sweet Cream - (TPA) - 2%
    Sweet Strawberry (CAP) - 5%

The other one I'm working on is turning out nicely too, I'm testing it daily, but already I'm liking. I was after some kind of Claim your throne clone, but mine is turning out much more like a caramel/butterscotch affair, and i already prefer it. Tastes like a creamy werther's original. Mmmmmm

That's the great thing about DIY. You'll probably never nail down a clone to taste exactly like the original, but it really doesn't matter, you'll end up liking anything you make better. Better to pay a euro for your own 30ml than 25 for someone else's!

Only clone that I can see is actually the original is a leak of Unicorn Milk, but maybe they just got lucky

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/255064/INTERNAL+LEAK+OF+CUTWOOK+UNICORN+MILK

One thing I am missing is sweetener, and I reckon the 'premium' juices use a lot of it. I'm not big on using them, so I'll settle for more pronounced, full on flavouring.

Just got my first decent atty, and have it set up with 0.5 dual coil, it seems like it'll be great for testing flavours. The one reason I got it really. Need to work on my building skills, but if it fires, and gives a good hit, I'm good.

Need to get some more flavours. I fancy some blackcurrant/menthol, and I'd like to do some kind of mint choc, like an after eight.

Also want to do some tropical punch style juices.

Any pro mixers will tell you if you think you need a sweetener you're doing it wrong. So many concentrates have maltol / ethyl maltol already. I bought some from picknmix a while ago and haven't even touched it. Could be worth trying out but the more you mix the better you get and realise you really don't need to make mixes sweeter. Might try halving some of my concentrates and added a bit of ethyl maltol just to see how I get on.

Yeah I'm happy enough not using it. Just even starting out with this DIY craic I can tell some of the juices I used to buy were over loaded with sweeteners. Some obnoxiously so. Like the One hit wonder stuff, that is riddled with sweetener. Tried their new one, Police man, in my local yesterday, and thought it was pish tbh. Thankfully I decided to go this DIY route or I'd have bought that, because I always liked big bottles.

Mixed up my first 100ml tonight. Called Mucho strawberry :D You can guess what's in it really. Nice, simple, creamed strawberry. I ran out of some flavourings tonight too. Already I can see this will be a new panic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I find sweeteners very useful - not in the sense of making something sweet but I find it can extend the aftertaste allowing a key flavour to last longer. I work with very small amounts of maltol in the .1 to .5 range, less then a drop in 10ml of mix. I dilute EM at 10% in PG and use drops from that.

I use FlavourArts concentrates and they tend to be unsweetened with EM so some sweetener seems to help here rather then using more of a particular flavour which can start to taste worse at higher concentrations.

I also use TFA Brown Sugar in some mixes and find that quite nice. Goes well with creams like FA's Cream Fresh a very natural tasting unsweetened cream. Again small amounts count - I want a nice extended vape not something that shouts and I'm sick of in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I actually love my juice sweet. If i could diy one hit wonder juice "my man" i would be happy. Never tried such a sweet juice before and i love every puff i take. I have ethyl maltol and sweeteer by tpa but i can't make any juice to taste sweet without being weirdly chemical.

I thought My man was alright, but tbh by end of the bottle I found it a bit gunky. It was gunking up my coils terrible, and had a weird sweetener taste. I didn't like it near as much as Rocketman, that one seemed 'cleaner'. Sweet is one thing, but that fake, over use of sweetener, not for me at all.

I have made a few juices with caramel and sweet cream, and they turned out plenty sweet enough. I think if I added EM to those it would be OTT. Just sweet cream alone, with strawberry seems sweet enough. Like chipfox suggested, some of these flavourings are already sweetened

• Advertisement

Any of you ever used Darkstar vapour? Their prices seem really good for bigger bottles, 30ml+

http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/

Advertisement