Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Thanks Pajor. I'll try

Hello...! Are we still alive? How are ye all?

Ive found myself getting very distant from the world lately. walked away from alot of friends and rarely on snapchat as much, usually just ignore more snaps. just need to drop fb and i'll be doing great. Feel kinda happier just ignoring the world, working on my career

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've been busy with work and life and...ugh. Life has not been amazing for the last few weeks, lets put it that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

My phone is a terribly broken atm so I am ignoring a lot of social media stuff because it breaks my heart to look at my phone. Life is grand atm; I am just counting down the days to be done with college. I've not felt this unmotivated in a long time.

Plus point; haven't gotten too drunk in a long time so that's good. Have a internship sorted for next year so I am happy about this!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Did an file close his account :(

Jeez Hugsie, way to give me a minor heart attack there. :pac:

381701.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Also had a minor heart attack. I nearly screamed "NOOOOOO"...was that overly dramatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

wnolan1992 wrote: »

381701.PNG
    Also had a minor heart attack. I nearly screamed "NOOOOOO"...was that overly dramatic?

So I didnt kill yee off yet, dammit :mad:

Hit man it is!!!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So I didnt kill yee off yet, dammit :mad:

Hit man it is!!!!! :pac:

It's fine, if my FYP supervisor doesn't kill me on Thursday, my family will in a few weeks when I fail out of college and confirm that I've wasted six years trying to get an undergrad with no success... :P

Hey, wnolan, we really are peas in a pod aren't we?

Hey, wnolan, we really are peas in a pod aren't we?

If the peas refused to germinate? Yeah, probs.

This got sad really quickly.

Thanks Hugsie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

If the peas refused to germinate? Yeah, probs.

This got sad really quickly.

Thanks Hugsie.

giphy.gif

F*ck biology. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Not yet, but feeling closer to doing it every day. :/

Chemistry more your thing pajor ;)

Definitely. I like to experiment.

An File wrote: »
    Not yet, but feeling closer to doing it every day. :/

You've seen the new site design too then? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You've seen the new site design too then? :pac:

That, and the fact that posting and modding have been feeling rather tedious for about a year now. Maybe longer. The fun is long gone. I think it's mostly in the private social forums these days instead of the wider site.

That, and the fact that posting and modding have been feeling rather tedious for about a year now. Maybe longer. The fun is long gone. I think it's mostly in the private social forums these days instead of the wider site.

Mhm. I'm not a member of any private forums worth talking about (well, at least not any "social" ones), I find myself pretty much confined to 4 forums these days (Radio, UL, C&H and Podcasts), 1 of those is dead, 1 is barely alive, another is a small group posting in one or 2 threads, and the last is a shadow of what it was even a year ago, and some threads there are downright hostile at this point (namely the Ray D'Arcy thread in Radio which is a f*cking sh*tshow now).

I've even found myself drifting over to reddit recently, something which I wouldn't have considered a year ago...

and some threads there are downright hostile at this point (namely the Ray D'Arcy thread in Radio which is a f*cking sh*tshow now).

A while back I was reading and posted a couple of times in the LW 252 thread (I'm a nerd, deal with it), ffs some people get so vicious over nothing.

Left the motors forum a long time ago, way too many people up on high horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This is true. I blame the gubbermint.
    /runs away again

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

My absolute perfect job has come in such a convenient place at such a great time where I'm finishing up my final year and I really feel I could be a perfect fit for it

I'm too scared to apply tho I want it so badly ����
    So yayargh

deise_girl wrote: »
    My absolute perfect job has come in such a convenient place at such a great time where I'm finishing up my final year and I really feel I could be a perfect fit for it

So yayargh

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »

So yayargh

K, this is spooky 'cos I was in literally the same situation last week.

I literally fired off an application, closed the tab of my emails, and have been too afraid to check my emails since. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yeah like I'm too scared to even tailor my CV for it like I have a lot going for me re this job but like I'm sure I'm going to be against 100s of other applicants and mine could so easily slip through the cracks or worse yet not prove why I'd be so perfect :(

you miss all of the shots you don't take

Cliché as fook, but very true.

DOOOO IT!

I have an interview in *checks watch* three minutes for a job I really, really, really want. I mean, I REALLY want this. So much

DOOOO IT!

I have an interview in *checks watch* three minutes for a job I really, really, really want. I mean, I REALLY want this. So much

G'luuuuuuuuuck!

DOOOO IT!

"So LooneyLovegood, give us an example of how you've shown commitment to a project."

"Um... I was on the forum I moderate literally 3 minutes ago instead of preparing for this interview."

I think it went well! I hope so...if I don't get this job, I'm going to cry. I REALLY want it.

I think im finished with boards. im after checking out the responsive site. aka new boards and its just a disaster to my eyes too much boldness and multicolours. think had a chance to try it last year or something similar and gave up after a week. One way to lose viewers but the Irish are great at doing that anyway(dont fix it if it aint broken) Guess my retirement from boards has been a long time coming, less posting lack of interest. Its probably time i came off the grid for awhile. Focus on career

Yeah.. new site is not going well. Have gone back to 'Legacy site' on both phone and computer. Kept unfollowing me from threads. Come back to me when it's done. :P

• Advertisement

I just didn't like the style of the new site. I like the current style I have (beta skin). I detest the current trend in web design of making everything so padded and fluffy looking.

I get they need to move away from vBulletin (the software the site runs on), but basically all I saw when I tried the new site was "WE WANT TO BE REDDIT! CAN WE BE REDDIT GUYS? PLEASE?!". If I wanted Reddit, I'd be on Reddit.

I'm sure it's what some people want, and I wish them the best with it, but I can see myself not hanging around long after the old styles are switched off.

Plus as I said previously, I'm posting way less now anyway, so I think it'll just be a gradual phase out as opposed to a dramatic "CLOSED ACCOUNT" tagline some day...

Advertisement