Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New blog & user group page for QGIS users in Ireland

• 16-05-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I recently started a blog, IeQGIS, for QGIS users in Ireland, the free open source GIS (Google: IeQGIS).

I decided to start the blog after attending an excellent QGIS training course run by Dr George Smith of Blackthorn Ecology last April - Intro to Ecological Mapping with Open Source GIS. While I am quite experienced in QGIS, I was there covering for a colleague who missed the second day of the two day course.

The course was well attended, and included some folks who travelled all the way from the UK. It certainly shows the interest in QGIS is increasing rapidly.

I hope the blog will provide a valuable forum for users of QGIS where they can read the latest QGIS news, hear about training events and share their experiences and tips using QGIS and related open source GIS software.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

Thanks for that, the blog looks interesting. For the lazy it's here: http://ieqgis.wordpress.com/

If you're a QGIS user, or interested in maps in general, there's an event on in Dublin this Sunday 25th May that might be of interest: The 2nd Irish OpenStreetMap Hack day.

It's taking place in TOG, which is just behind the Radisson on Chancery Lane, from about 12:00 until 18:00-ish. There might (will) be beers afterwards. It's free and all are welcome. There are some more details on the TOG site here: http://www.tog.ie/2014/05/open-street-map-hack-day-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bbrhuft

Excellent, I'll head along to it. I'll put up a notice on my blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

Cheers! I'll be there from about 15:00 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

As someone who is starting in Geomatics in DIT in a couple of weeks this is gonna be something I'm sure I'll read more of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Forester15

Hi,
    I've recently started using QGIS and am encountering some difficulties. I was just wondering is there anyone in the munster area who could give tutorials.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Forester15

I started using qgis and when trying to export maps from composer to PDF the polygons come out a good bit off to where they where snapped...Has anyone any solutions???
    Cheers

Advertisement