Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

jno547 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking but what was delivery charge on that, quite a heavy order.

€3.95 via Parcel Motel. :cool:

EL have free UK shipping for orders over £45.

Slight chance that I might have some sort of weight/size surcharge from Parcel Motel which may bump it up to €8.... I think, but sure will see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

8mm wrote:
    €3.95 via Parcel Motel.

Thats very reasonable even if there is a surcharge, might just check out that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I must look into this parcel motel. Seems there's one not too far from me.

[edit] - registered with PM, got an address. Just wondering, when using this address you have to include the PMnumber you get on top of the address, and when it arrives at the motel you get a message saying it's delivered right?

I must look into this parcel motel. Seems there's one not too far from me.

[edit] - registered with PM, got an address. Just wondering, when using this address you have to include the PMnumber you get on top of the address, and when it arrives at the motel you get a message saying it's delivered right?

I put the PMnumber as part of the street address and it worked out fine. This is what I've used for EL orders.

Mickey Fiddler
    1A McKinney Road
    PM1234567
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

*eg not using a real name or PM number ;)

Yeah you get an email and phone text message when it's available for pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

+1 for parcel motel. Used it for the first time just a week ago to receive my EL order, just heading down again to pick up my chefsvapour order (free UK delivery again!). Probably took 5 days from ordering from EL to it being in my hand. No idea how PM make money but damn they offer an amazing service

EL's nic I got was made in September the swines. At least it was "only" 500ml.

Will report back when I have my new concentrates. I get so excited when I get new stuff I feel like a kid

• Advertisement

Haha, we live on the same road, I got the same address just different code :D

8mm wrote:
    Got the lot from Everything Liquid and used 5% discount code "POTV".

Just visited that site and went through their prices, seems good value for a large supply of base and nic.
    On another note I notice they also do Captains Custard juice which is one of the best custard/banana flavours I have ever tried and haven't seen it in a while.
    Thanks 8mm, you've just opened my wallet again.

Think I used PTOV as well as UKV, both vouchers worked together if I remember right. Try before you buy Bill

Got my order from chefsvapour. They disabled a code I used that let you use a 10% and a 20% at the same time :(

Just make a quick shake and vape and honestly it's so good I have no idea how people wait to steep stuff.

9% Strawberry Ripe TFA
    3.5% Vanilla Custard TFA
    2% Sweet Cream TFA
    1% Orange Cream TFA

Tried a similar one before but the orange cream adds to it so much it's hard to explain, like it brings all the others together perfectly and gives just a tiny hint of orange, so perfect.

I've been trying to make a banana that actually tastes like it, no single flavours seem to taste like actual banana, all more like banana syrup.
    My latest success with this has been.

10% Banana FA
    3% Bavarian Cream
    3% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

I think bananas have a weird creamy feel to them, but not necessarily taste anything like cream. Bananas don't taste like banana syrup and the creams give a much more authentic taste to it. Still have to work on it but I'm slowly finding what I want.

Have too many flavours to mess around with now. Dying to try CAPs NY Cheesecake, TFA's Original Caramel and INWs Biscuit. I can see why TFA's Key Lime is used in so many recipes, phenomenal stuff.

I have a caramel in my basket, it's from Molinberry, I was thinking it'll compliment the butterscotch I'm getting. It might also be nice with a banana custard. I also added sweet cream, as I'm seeing that pop up in many recipes that I'd like to try. I like that idea of the orange complimenting other flavors, it's little things like that luring me into DIY :)

In one sense I'm glad I didn't just fill the basket and checkout yet, I keep chopping and changing the more I read up on flavors. I want to get as many as I can to start with that will work well together.

• Advertisement

chipfox wrote:
    Think I used PTOV as well as UKV, both vouchers worked together if I remember right. Try before you buy Bill

Cheers for that, gonna stick an order in this evening. Ye have me converted to bulk buy which looks very good value.

My first flavourings arrived today .... Man, they smell so good! I may actually make up some 0 nic testers as I have some VG, just to get a better feel for them :)

chipfox wrote: »
    9% Strawberry Ripe TFA
    3.5% Vanilla Custard TFA
    2% Sweet Cream TFA
    1% Orange Cream TFA

Strawberry and Orange? I would never have thought these would work together! Go on ya madman. :pac:

I have some juice here that's pretty weak, I always found it to be, but herself loves it. Thinking of adding some of my new flavors to it, to liven it up a bit [and also because I just want to try them in something with nic :D ] How do I guesstimate the percentage to add? As the pre-made stuff is weak, I'd guess it's got something like 10% flavouring. So If I mixed some of that in an empty bottle with say 5% of my concentrates I should be good, right? It's 120ml I have of the stuff, so not too worried about ruining 30ml of it.

Go to http://e-liquid-recipes.com and search for the flavour you want to use. You can look at mix notes and the site will give you an idea of what the average amount of a particular flavour is used. Also checking out some of the posted recipes will help find a starting point. Start with even less that you think you need.

Also worth setting up an account on that site. You can add all the flavours you own and it will find recipes that use them.

Yeah I've been scanning that site for ideas :)

The juice is called unicorn cake, by white lightening. It's not on there, though I guess it's a copy of unicorn milk. I've had that before and the flavour in this one is much more muted. What is there is nice, but I've always felt it needed a boost. Thinking of adding some strawberry ripe [which is possibly already in there] and some graham cracker cheesecake. Need to source a syringe somewhere first :D

8mm wrote: »
    Strawberry and Orange? I would never have thought these would work together! Go on ya madman. :pac:

I would never have thought it. Got a chocolate orange premix from some vendor a while back and it almost turned me off, but I'm seeing some old recipes for "Mother's Milk" and people reckon it's a key ingredient. Having never tried Mother's Milk I can't say but there is so much rave about it I figured I had to try and. I genuinely cannot believe how good this mix is. Chain vaping all day just can't get enough I genuinely mean this when I say TFA's Orange Cream is a holy grail flavour and I'm not even that mad about oranges

Mother's milk was one of the first of the popular strawberry milk premiums I heard of at least. It was out before all the Unicorn ones, the beard vapes, many other strawberry 'milks'. I always felt it lacked a bit on the strawberry side, and I also used to get a honey tinge, or something tangy from it. That could be where the orange comes in, for those trying to replicate it.

I made my first [0mg nic] mix anyway, and it's a bit .... flavourless :D so I know I need a lot more of the strawberry. It was 5% Ripe strawberry, 2% bavarian, 3% cheesecake graham cracker. They all need bumping. And probably a steep too, but just on first impression, hardly any flavour.

Btw, anyone looking out for spare syringes, just ask in your local chemist. I got a 5ml, a 2.5ml and a 1ml all for 60c! no questions asked. Well, the girl did ask what were they for, [as I initially asked what size syringes they had] so I just said for measuring food flavourings. No bothers after that.

I'd say the strawberry is too low, but yeah steeping is unavoidable. Jesus I was just going to do up the original post and you're not allowed edit on these forums what the hell?

I would have thought you would be getting something off that 3% cheesecake, though I've been using 4% and might bump it to 4.5%-5% as it mellows a bit with age. Also give it at least 24/48 hours for first real appraisal though nothing wrong with having an early taste (I like to see how a mix changes with time and limited patience too). Also also make sure it's really mixed well and shake those bottles before adding to your mix.

The boards forum software is showing it's age and has lots of quirks. Pity the editing of first post doesn't work as it would have made up for not having a mixer subforum.

• Advertisement

I made up a 30ml of the pre-made juice I mentioned, and 3% cheesecake and 3% strawberry ripe added in and it's made that juice so much better overnight. I also bumped the % in the 0nic stuff I made, will test it later, it already smells a lot better.

First proper DIY order placed :)

How are P'n'm for delivery speed? eager to get going here :D

Got VG nic base, some VG, flavours: [milkshake, sweet strawberry, sweet cream, butterscotch, caramel, VC, banana cream] some syringes and bottles. Already have the cheesecake graham cracker, bavarian cream and ripe strawberry.

How are P'n'm for delivery speed? eager to get going here :D

Next day usually - allow 2 days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭basamin

I get my capella and TFA cncentrates from fsecig.com. They do 100ml bulk flavours for £10 and if you spend over £50 , you get free shipping to the uk (thank you pacel motel !!!!!!):D

basamin wrote: »
    I get my capella and TFA cncentrates from fsecig.com. They do 100ml bulk flavours for £10 and if you spend over £50 , you get free shipping to the uk (thank you pacel motel !!!!!!):D

I plan to do same once I get to know the flavours better. I will at least get my top 4/5 in bigger bottles then :)

chefsvapour do similar but capella 100mls are more than £10. Free shipping @ £30

Jesus strawberry ripe is such an essential there's a load gone out of my 100ml already....

chipfox wrote: »
    chefsvapour do similar but capella 100mls are more than £10. Free shipping @ £30

Jesus strawberry ripe is such an essential there's a load gone out of my 100ml already....

I got 2 15ml bottles of that from ESI, and have Capella sweet strawberry on the way now. Seen a few recipes that used both. Ripe is lovely, but very weak I found - have only mixed it with 0nic though and a pre-made juice

Yeah defo weak but I just add extra. Don't bother under 10%. Go easy with that sweet cream by the way. I think picknmix say 10-15% but anything over 3 is just way too much. I know everyone says they have different pallets but most people taste things the same really. Not everyone has the tongue of a food critic

Yeah that was one I wasn't going for until I seen it in at least 3 recipes I want to try, so thought maybe I should. It'll be more as my sweetener, as I didn't actually get any of that

If anyone has a good, tasty, butterscotch/banana/custard mix drop it here. Found a few on the usual sites but some have flavours I won't have just yet

Found this very simple one:

Big-Mike's creamy Butterscotch

12% Vanilla Custard - TFA
    6% Butterscoch - TFA
    2% Whipped Cream - FA

Where I will try the sweet cream instead of the whipped. Also thinking a small % of caramel will go well with it.

Would like to try this one: Butterscotch Sunday DQ style by freshipies

But I'll have to get some vanilla bean gelato/cupcake and marshmallow first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'm trying to place an order from everything liquid but I can't register on the site.

Anyone else had any problems?

Advertisement