Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Running fashion for men Running Shorts Over Tights?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

c0rk3r wrote: »
    No no no no just NO! You should never wear shorts over tights... ever.

Men wearing tights is the equivalent of a women wearing a low cut top. People are going to check you out. It happens all the time when I wear Lycra.

Its either all or nothing. You should pick one or the other. Tights were designed for those who can just fúcking rock it, Lads who just have it. The ankles, quads, calves, ass and the junk. Its all about espousing confidence in yourself, showing people that you don't have any insecurities about yourself and have high self-esteem. Putting shorts over tights just belies this and highlights to everyone who glimpses the monstrosity what a weak coward you are.
    Placing this much importance on what strangers think about you highlights what a weak coward you are much more than anything you wear ever possibly could. IMO of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

c0rk3r wrote: »
    No no no no just NO! You should never wear shorts over tights... ever.

Men wearing tights is the equivalent of a women wearing a low cut top. People are going to check you out. It happens all the time when I wear Lycra.

Its either all or nothing. You should pick one or the other. Tights were designed for those who can just fúcking rock it, Lads who just have it. The ankles, quads, calves, ass and the junk. Its all about espousing confidence in yourself, showing people that you don't have any insecurities about yourself and have high self-esteem. Putting shorts over tights just belies this and highlights to everyone who glimpses the monstrosity what a weak coward you are.

Tremendous post. A lot of nonsense in there of course, but highly entertaining all the same.

If some of the attitudes on this thread are anything to go by, I think we should do away with the clock, and the concept of racing, and just have some judges rating how damn awesome we all look, as that seems to be the sole reason why running tights were created, if you believe the above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Chivito550 wrote: »
    If some of the attitudes on this thread are anything to go by, I think we should do away with the clock, and the concept of racing, and just have some judges rating how damn awesome we all look

Or take up cycling? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I think we should do away with the clock, and the concept of racing, and just have some judges rating how damn awesome we all look
    Basster wrote: »
    Or take up cycling? :)
    That's what he said :pac:

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭izzyregan

I personally don't see a problem with it. myself and my OH go out running all the time and he wears running tights with no shorts and looks fine.

• Advertisement

packages differ in terms of protrusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Runners and "fashion" never mix anyway, who cares?!?! I couldn't give a hoot what you wear as long as you are out enjoying yourself, when you begin to worry what others think then stay indoors if you wish and pack it in by all means!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I wore my Skins leggings (don't tights have feet?) this morning on my recovery run (no session and no strides), with long socks underneath, two long sleeved tops and a hat and gloves and my run was 9.43% more enjoyable than if I had wore just a t-shirt and shorts.
    Did I care what the dog walkers along the prom thought...eh...no!

I think I passed u, happy out is what u were

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I really don't care what lads do when it's cold - shorts, tights, both - just get out and run. It's not a glamorous sport at the best of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

When you're in a race, who cares? You might end up wearing something else afterwards anyway. Training runs are a different matter.

My nose tends to run no matter what pace I'm attempting, which gives rise to IFSC types thinking I've a coke problem, nodding as I pass and staring at my watch to work out whether it's some sort of elaborate 'Patek Phillipe multisport'.

My eyes water too at times when running, allowing teenage kids with not the most refined wisdom, wit or repartee to come out with "ha the state of ya, baldy: she dumped ya" etc. When combined with my facial expression (a gay friend called it my "resting bitch face" but I think of it more as Zoolander "blue steel" meets Che Guevara) the overall effect is alas not particularly athletic.

My heavy breathing causes little old ladies to freeze on the spot, terrified that something obscene is happening beyond the range of their reading glasses.

My lumbering gait is such that elderly men stop, stand to attention and nod respectfully as I pass, presuming that I'm some sort of war-wounded veteran. (I've been tempted to give/return a salute, but what if one said "UNIFIL?" and I had to reply "err, unicycle").

My colour combinations and lycra have given rise to situations in which I've thought I was encountering a group of people overcome by noxious gases, but only to find they're just kids rolling around the floor laughing. "Daddy, for Christmas instead of a pony can I have that Oompa Loompa version of a Transformer?"

All this happens at the pace you do a training run, as you can hear a bit more of your surroundings than when in a race environment. Accordingly I wouldn't be too hard on anyone (guys or gals) who want to add extra layers of clothing if they're a bit self-conscious. But for me I'll wear as much or little as I like: the Michelin/muffin-top effect of running tights isn't going to be made any better by sticking on a pair of shorts. Lipstick on a pig and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I think the verdict is clear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I wear Asics or Nike lycra "leggings" not tights, and I really dont care if a woman is checking out my "bulge" or not. If I saw a nice woman out running and I'm quite sure I'm not alone in this, I would be checking out her ass. Wearing shorts over leggings would just spoil the fun !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

davedanon wrote: »
    I think the verdict is clear

The casting call for Zoolander 3.0 is safe.

Advertisement