Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March Intake

• 09-02-2016 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hopefully more calls throughout the rest of the week! If you hear.. come on in and join the crowd of one so far lol!
    Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

Yea fingers crossed. Looking forward to the induction what about you ghost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

So who all got the call? Get posting! Congrats again my lovelies

I never thought to ask how many where in the March intake. Is there anyone else on the board got a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Well done guys see you in the hotel soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Well done guys see you in the hotel soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Only myself, Callzo and Lcrossan884 so far? Will Pm you both! Still keeping the faith for more calls today for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lcrossan884

Is there still only the 3 of us? Or have youse heard of anyone else yet? I still can't believe it lol keep thinking they going call and say sorry made a mistake haha

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Is there still only the 3 of us? Or have youse heard of anyone else yet? I still can't believe it lol keep thinking they going call and say sorry made a mistake haha

Add me to the list please!

5 boardies in the March squad so far! Filling up nicely! Congrats guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Add me also ! :)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

How many on here applying would be from the south or a northern nationalist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

My advice for all the folks staring in March, as soon as you get access to the online learning again get stuck in and go over the induction course and pre entry twice or more if you can. If you have any holidays owed to you before you leave work take them all. I took 8 days off to get sorted for kit and to study and I wish I had another week. You get access to all 34 definitions too which you will have to know verbatim through the course. You don't need to know them before starting GV but it's a good idea to stay one step ahead and get as many in your head as possible before starting as you'll be busy doing kit, studying other things etc that learning definitions won't be too easy because some are longer and more tricky than others and time management will be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

Well done guys!!

Really looking forward to getting stuck into things and meeting everyone at GV...

Still hasn't sunk in yet but I'm sure it will once I hand in my notice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mac91

Late to the party but I'm in!

DaveNi wrote: »
    Add me also ! :)!

Only just seen this!!!!! Awesome!!!! Well done my lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Well done guys!

Mop a top wrote: »
    Only just seen this!!!!! Awesome!!!! Well done my lovely :)

Thank you mop!! Your turn in 5 weeks!

DaveNi wrote: »
    Thank you mop!! Your turn in 5 weeks!

Chickens haven't hatched yet!!!! We'll see lol but if not I'm coming after you for jinxing me :P

Mop a top wrote: »
    Chickens haven't hatched yet!!!! We'll see lol but if not I'm coming after you for jinxing me :P

Haha I bet you that I will see you walking through hotel GV in no time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Ghost15 wrote: »
    5 boardies in the March squad so far! Filling up nicely! Congrats guys!

As of late last week you can now add me in :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Sheepsy wrote: »
    As of late last week you can now add me in :-)

Congratulations Sheepsy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Floral15 wrote: »
    Congratulations Sheepsy! :)

Thank you. I really hope you'll get the next call floral!

Does anybody know what we need to wear for passport photos? A shirt and tie or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

I'm going sober suit and tie. I'm sure the photos will appear on personnel files and the like for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

I'm going sober suit and tie. I'm sure the photos will appear on personnel files and the like for years to come.

Your photo will be on your warrant card, no pressure

Your photo will be on your warrant card, no pressure

We had to provide a photo for the vetting.. I thought that would have been for our warrant card?
    So is it the four that we give at the induction that are going to be on the warrant card? Cause I like that one better than the ones I had done for the induction lol

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Well guys what's the induction weekend like?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Ghost15 wrote: »
    We had to provide a photo for the vetting.. I thought that would have been for our warrant card?
    So is it the four that we give at the induction that are going to be on the warrant card? Cause I like that one better than the ones I had done for the induction lol

Iirc it's the one you give at induction that is used for your warrant card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Is induction one day or two?

Advertisement