Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna just go ahead and order some stuff and play around with it. I've been looking at some recipes online that I think would be right up my street.

I was looking at stuff on Make My Vape
    https://makemyvape.co.uk/

Anyone here used that site before? They seem to have a decent deal on starter kits and their concentrate prices seem cheapish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna just go ahead and order some stuff and play around with it. I've been looking at some recipes online that I think would be right up my street.

I was looking at stuff on Make My Vape
    https://makemyvape.co.uk/

Anyone here used that site before? They seem to have a decent deal on starter kits and their concentrate prices seem cheapish too.

That looks good value on there! They don't have a few flavors I'm after in stock, but for the VG/nic/syringes it looks better than what I was getting. I'd be interested to know if anyone has used them before too

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

For you noob diy'ers the best advice I can give is to start simple with a single flavour or a pre-blended flavour. It's good to have something that will work and taste good to you early on that you can vape while you get used to working your own blends and developing them to your taste. Having patience at the start is tough but as time goes on the easier and better and so so tasty it gets.

As for cost, for me it's around €1 per 30ml. I only use high quality ingredients. I decided from the get go to get bulk and reduce any losses from shipping by getting as much at once as I could.

Wattage to the people!

8mm wrote: »
    For you noob diy'ers the best advice I can give is to start simple with a single flavour or a pre-blended flavour. It's good to have something that will work and taste good to you early on that you can vape while you get used to working your own blends and developing them to your taste. Having patience at the start is tough but as time goes on the easier and better and so so tasty it gets.

As for cost, for me it's around €1 per 30ml. I only use high quality ingredients. I decided from the get go to get bulk and reduce any losses from shipping by getting as much at once as I could.

Wattage to the people!

Yeah I'm not doing anything crazy, I've seen recipes using anything up to 9 ingredients! The ones I plan to make are max 4-5, and pretty simple. I'm not doing any extra sweetener and sticking to ones that share the same flavorings across a few recipes.

What'll bulk out my first order will be the VG/syringes/bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Just bought myself 260ml of various liquids on chefsvapour for €44 total. Had to buy a few syringes and blunt needs to make my order £30.03 for free UK shipping, so €4 to parcel motel instead of £10 from their site!

Used two vouchers in the checkout, one for 10% off, the other 20% off. Think I'm sorted for juices for the foreseeable future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

I get my nic from Vapebase.de 1ltr of 18mg works out about 45 Euro delivered
    I then just add whatever concentrate to the base. I cut the nic strenght with PG and VG if I want a lower strength for drippers.
    I got some concentrates from Innawera which were good value and are also good flavours but the E-dym.pl site is cheaper and have Flavourarts, which I prefer

Just got myself some biscuit from Inawera after I see so many raving about it. Do people really find those premixed bases handy? I never really gave them much thought but in reality I'm never going to vape 72mg/ml juices. I guess it makes no difference, I just figured if that's all you were ordering you could save on P&P with the concentrated stuff, but you'll need PG and VG anyway so it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

chipfox wrote: »
    Just got myself some biscuit from Inawera after I see so many raving about it. Do people really find those premixed bases handy? I never really gave them much thought but in reality I'm never going to vape 72mg/ml juices. I guess it makes no difference, I just figured if that's all you were ordering you could save on P&P with the concentrated stuff, but you'll need PG and VG anyway so it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

I've been using the premixed bases from pickandmix for a while now purely because they're so handy and I'm too bloody lazy to be bothered with measuring. At a fiver a 100ml bottle with 0 or 3 mg nic it's still pretty cost effective.

1 litre nic @ 72mg costs me €80 - at 6mg this will make 12 litres, double that at 3mg.

Of course you need VG/PG and this costs me €20 for 2.5 litres, around €8 per litre.

6mg base around €14.50 per litre or €0.44 per 30ml bottle
    3mg base around €11.30 per litre or €0.34 per 30ml bottle

1 litre is around 33 x 30ml bottles.

By comparison flavours seem kinda expensive.

I mostly use FlavourArt and I get 10ml for around €3.05. FA is bit more concentrated then other brands. So 10% in a mix is somewhat average and can be a lot less for some blends. To make a litre at this price/ratio would be around €30.50 for flavour.

And it could be even cheaper by getting larger bottles of flavour. And these are all consumer prices for small bulk amounts. Makes me shake my head at the ridiculous prices charged for premade juice and knowing that at even 1/2 the price they would still be making a huge profit.

I'm after picking up 100ml of TFA Strawberry Ripe from chefsvapour for about 9 euro after all costs. I'd say bulk in flavours that you like is the way to go. They do loads of bulk flavours like Cap, FA, Inawera, FW and a good few I haven't even heard of including their own brand of concentrates.

If you're really aiming at getting the costs down you have to go for bulk, flavours are by far the most expensive bit.

• Advertisement

Just did a quick calculation on what it costs me to make 30ml of 16mg juice with not so cheap flavour.

€1.80! Tell me more about how you like spending 15-25 euros on stuff you buy in the shops.

Why do you think I'm turning to DIY? :D I've been buying those pricey juices far too long now. What stopped me before was thinking it would be real messy and a lot trickier. But after doing my research, as I tend to do a lot when I take interest in something new to me, I can see it's not difficult at all. And I am all for saving pennies!

My personal stuff will be 5mg and 10% Strawberry Ripe. That works out at a whopping 68 cents per 30ml. Let's call it an even 80 for the other slightly more expensive juices... Now I don't feel bad about vaping 10ml a day! Jesus the electricity charging batteries is the real cost here.

Can't believe my figures there must be a mistake... Hope you find a juice you'd vape all day cagey. I 100% recommend 100ml bottles of concentrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Why do you think I'm turning to DIY? :D I've been buying those pricey juices far too long now. What stopped me before was thinking it would be real messy and a lot trickier. But after doing my research, as I tend to do a lot when I take interest in something new to me, I can see it's not difficult at all. And I am all for saving pennies!

I'm in the same boat. I've been doing a bit of research and watching videos on YouTube and from what I've seen, it's not as complicated as I first thought.
    I've been looking up recipes too and I've found what is supposed to be an exact replica of Cuttwoods Unicorn Milk.
    Apparently it's a leaked recipe from inside Cuttwood. I'm not sure if that's true or not but every review I've read has said it's spot on. I love Unicorn Milk so if this recipe is on the money and I can whip up a batch of it for a fraction of the price then I'll be a very happy camper.

I'm going to order my stuff next week and see how it goes. Hopefully I don't poison myself. :D

One of my fav juices is Beard Vape #05, I'm not sure what strawberry they use, probably the sweet one, but if I can even get close-ish to it I'd be happy. I'll be doing a version with strawberry ripe also. A sweet strawberry creamy cheesecake. I also love Claim your throne, so I'll have a stab at that too. Or similar at least, a sugary butterscotch custard

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

One of my fav juices is Beard Vape #05, I'm not sure what strawberry they use, probably the sweet one, but if I can even get close-ish to it I'd be happy. I'll be doing a version with strawberry ripe also. A sweet strawberry creamy cheesecake. I also love Claim your throne, so I'll have a stab at that too. Or similar at least, a sugary butterscotch custard

Let me know how you get on making them, would love to have good clones of those juices. Beard 5 is my all time favourite but I refuse to pay such a high price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Due to this TPD regulation sh1t,there are alot of us mixing our own now,I know we have a DIY Recipes thread but it is so time consuming reading through the posts to find a recipe,too many questions in that thread & the recipes get buried.
    Is there anyway of just having the recipes visible as & when we want to view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

Loads of recipes here
    http://www.kritikalmass.net/

thevaper wrote: »
    Loads of recipes here
    http://www.kritikalmass.net/

Thanks for the link,I was thinking more of our own recipes that have been tried & tested with reviews...

Yeah good idea, maybe create a new DIY recipe only thread?

• Advertisement

I'll put a bit of work into the original post to make it a bit more welcoming. We want as many people DIYing as possible. People get scared of it but really it's just dropping some liquids and giving them a shake!

Just making my first proper DIY with 6 different flavours, it has really big reviews. I never had mother's milk but this clone looks unbelievable to me. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/121795/Mother%2527s+Unicorn+Milk

I don't have Cheesecake Graham Crust so I'll do a 50/50 New York Cheesecake/Graham cracker as a substitute. So much love for Bavarian Cream and Vanilla Custard. We need a top 10 concentrates that every DIYer should just go out and buy.

Strawberry Ripe is essential IMO. It could be stronger, but it's a really perfect strawberry taste and is used in a huge number of recipes, especially the most popular clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I made a Sucker Punch clone from the eliquid recipe/calculator site. Tastes great after a week.

14% Dragonfruit TFA
    4% vanilla swirl TFA
    2% Bavarian cream TFA

I'm seeing dragonfruit everywhere lately. Never even heard of it before I started mixing. Seems to be a love it or hate it type of juice. We need to do a concentrate swap or something. 100ml is so cheap from the UK but nobody wants to get 100ml of something they're not mad about

Is there anyway of just having the recipes visible as & when we want to view them.

I usually just copy and paste any interesting ones into a folder on the pc and they're always handy to get at.

jno547 wrote: »
    I usually just copy and paste any interesting ones into a folder on the pc and they're always handy to get at.

:D:D:D You are right of course,a good attitude,me,I must do that later & it's gone from my head,so the word sh1t comes to mind alot with me :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PHUNDAPUSS

does anybody have a place for cheap ingredients , i bought some from picknmixdiy, and as great as they are, they are still quite expensive ranging about €3-€4 for a 10ml bottle, i'd ideally like to make a lot of flavours to try (trial end error) at that rate it'd be too expensive, thanks

PHUNDAPUSS wrote: »
    does anybody have a place for cheap ingredients , i bought some from picknmixdiy, and as great as they are, they are still quite expensive ranging about €3-€4 for a 10ml bottle, i'd ideally like to make a lot of flavours to try (trial end error) at that rate it'd be too expensive, thanks

Someone suggested this place in this thread recently: https://e-dym.pl/gb/ They seem to be out of many flavors atm though.

Not tried them myself, I'm still waiting on cash top up in my acc before I complete my pick'n'mix order. I'm getting the start up kit from them and some start up flavors but will be looking to other sites once I get going. I just got back from a trip away today or I'd have ordered by now. Hence the not having any money :D But hoping to make that order by the weekend, and add to it next week.

First DIY order gone in, just concentrates from ESI, got 30ml strawberry ripe, 15ml of graham cracker and Bavarian cream. Gotta pay some bills so my starter kit from pick'n'mix is just on hold for now, but I thought I'd grab some starting flavors for now. They got 15ml bottles on there rather than the 10ml ones on p'n'm. It'll make my order from there a little cheaper when I put it through too. Just wanted to get the ball rolling :D

Ok so did a big thing and got my safety net sorted out!

2 Litres of 72mg Nicotine.
    2.5 Litres of VG
    2.5 Litres of PG
    50 30ml PET bottles.

Got the lot from Everything Liquid and used 5% discount code "POTV".

This will do me for years, will I vape that long sure who knows but after seeing what the Italians have to pay for diy nic base I panicked... BASE 100ml with 18mg nicotine = €65,27 inc tax YIKES :(

I asked EL about production dates and they said the nic was produced on 14/12/2015 and will be supplied in amber glass bottles, best for storage and into the freezer it goes. :D

• Advertisement

8mm wrote:
    2 Litres of 72mg Nicotine. 2.5 Litres of VG 2.5 Litres of PG 50 30ml PET bottles.

If you don't mind me asking but what was delivery charge on that, quite a heavy order.

Advertisement