Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Arrow improved after the first season, and especially the first few episodes, imo. Flash is the better show though, a more interesting overall story arc (though weeker on the "villain of the week" front) and a better cast of characters.

Yeah, but that is only because Oliver Queen keeps fighting Batman villans.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,877 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah, but that is only because Oliver Queen keeps fighting Batman villans.

Possibly, but it is also generally more consistent with who they are fighting. In Flash it is a new bad guy found and dealt with almost every week. the nadir being 'bee woman' or whomever she was. Ugh. On the plus side, Mark Hammill as The Trickster was brilliant (that episode was brilliant, with all the little throw backs to the original Flash tv series).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Humble Bundle has gone all Ubisoft.

Some good games in there, including Far Cry 3. Might be worth a pop. For $15 unlock Assassins Creed: Rogue and The Crew.

Humble Bundle has gone all Ubisoft.

Some good games in there, including Far Cry 3. Might be worth a pop. For $15 unlock Assassins Creed: Rogue and The Crew.

Pity it doesn't contain Ubisoft: The Game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gunslinger is great fun. Grown Home decent too (it was free on PS+ recently I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Possibly, but it is also generally more consistent with who they are fighting. In Flash it is a new bad guy found and dealt with almost every week. the nadir being 'bee woman' or whomever she was. Ugh. On the plus side, Mark Hammill as The Trickster was brilliant (that episode was brilliant, with all the little throw backs to the original Flash tv series).

I was a bit disappointed that Hamill used his Joker voice though. It just didn't seem right.

I was a bit disappointed that Hamill used his Joker voice though. It just didn't seem right.

He used that voice in the previous Flash series too where he also played the Trickster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to say I enjoy arrow, most people cant stand it for some reason.

Flash is my go to programme tho and thats the only reason I watched arrow because of crossovers etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to say I enjoy arrow, most people cant stand it for some reason.

Flash is my go to programme tho and thats the only reason I watched arrow because of crossovers etc.

As Sniper says - Hamill played The Trickster, with that voice, prior to doing the voice for the Joker in the animated batman series. So Trickster pre-dates it, and is actually (apparently) the role than landed him the Joker voice over gig too - the people behind the animated show loved it and wanted it for Joker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Watched a couple of episodes of Daredevil recently - its pretty good so far. It's a lot grittier than I thought it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Watched a couple of episodes of Daredevil recently - its pretty good so far. It's a lot grittier than I thought it would be.

Great show. Some very dark themes running through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Any you guys gonna give Helldivers a go?

Any you guys gonna give Helldivers a go?

It's downloaded and waiting to be taken for a spin. Limited game time this week. Will be hitting crucible over the weekend. Might spin it up then

Played a bit of Fallout 4 this week, still really enjoying it.
    I think because I've been playing Destiny and coming back to Fallout - I really seem to be getting my moneys worth from Fallout. I've barely made any progress in the actual story but enjoying wandering the Wastelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Played a bit of Fallout 4 this week, still really enjoying it. I think because I've been playing Destiny and coming back to Fallout - I really seem to be getting my moneys worth from Fallout. I've barely made any progress in the actual story but enjoying wandering the Wastelands.

Have to admit it, but this Fallout isn't as good as previous ones IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Played a bit of Fallout 4 this week, still really enjoying it.
    I think because I've been playing Destiny and coming back to Fallout - I really seem to be getting my moneys worth from Fallout. I've barely made any progress in the actual story but enjoying wandering the Wastelands.

I "Finished" it last night (Final mission, grabbed a few of the available trophies, romanced another partner)

Was actually glad to see the back of it tbh.

Act 1 was great. Act 2, not so much.
    Also the bugs and UI were really f**kign annoying tbh.

I had my fun, and might play some DLC in the future, but I felt like it went:
    • Level 1-10 = Fun
    • Level 10 - 25 = No ammo, missions over levelled, s**t time in general
    • Level 25 - 35 = Finished Act 1, started Act 2, had ammo, was good fun
    • Level 35 - 45 = Bored
    • Level 45 - 50 = Google "best side quests", all companions etc, had some fun
    • Level 50 - 57 = Just end it
    I really only felt like I was having a good time for about 3 sittings. The rest was "Busy work"
    That being said, I bought a decent ammount of time in, so it's not terrible.

I just felt like Bugs, Glitches, Too much Pipe Ammo and F**k all else till level 35+, Act 2 being poor in general etc kinda ruined it

Was a solid 7.5/10, could easily have been a 9 if it had been on PC with mods etc.

The pacing was s**t. Had me fighting level 45+ enemies at level 25 in a mission
    Also..... the "Different endings" rubbish can just go and f**k right off tbh.

Had a point where I
    FINALLY met the Railroad after googling.... sure of course by then I was like "could you not have given me these missions when I was level 15 and looking for missions to do in my range?"..... by the time I finished the game, I just couldn't give a toss about them as they were introduced to me so late.

Also made the crucial mistake of going around with partners that I thought were doing good damage etc (Preston, Danse) when in reality I should have went with the more interesting ones like
    Curie, Valentine, Hancock. Their dialogue was much better in general.

Sad to say
    I spent a good 45 mins shooting Dogmeat in the face last night, abusing the "X likes this" thing so that I could get some more of their individual side quests (Cait, Valentine etc) as I was under the impression they had some cause of dialogue ..... that and romancing Curie, that was really my end-game.
    Commonwealth be damned

Whats the story with the Fallout mods on xbox. I remember them making a thing of mod support on the One when they announced the game - is it actually a real thing, and any use?

Only really found a few bugs in Fallout - last night as I was playing my Baseball bat completely disappeared. I had it equipped but it wasn't showing.
    When I went to look at my Pipboy, it wasn't displaying either - my character would just look at the ground. Just restarted the application, no big deal.

I thought there was an update due early this week to fix a lot of these issues though. I was really interested in the Settler management update - looked really cool.

As for the lack of ammo - I went melee! Have a Baseball bat wrapped in razors and Spike knuckles. Great fun walking into a room of people - take a hit of Psycho and just go for it.

Only really found a few bugs in Fallout - last night as I was playing my Baseball bat completely disappeared. I had it equipped but it wasn't showing.
    When I went to look at my Pipboy, it wasn't displaying either - my character would just look at the ground. Just restarted the application, no big deal.

I thought there was an update due early this week to fix a lot of these issues though. I was really interested in the Settler management update - looked really cool.

As for the lack of ammo - I went melee! Have a Baseball bat wrapped in razors and Spike knuckles. Great fun walking into a room of people - take a hit of Psycho and just go for it.

• Advertisement

Whats the story with the Fallout mods on xbox. I remember them making a thing of mod support on the One when they announced the game - is it actually a real thing, and any use?

IF you have a PC, get it on that, there'll surely be mods for the UI.

After playing Destiny and Borderlands (in both cases with you), trust me, the way the game delivers it's UI via the Pipboy is utter $h!te.

Let me give you an example......

You can't compare 2 piece of likewise gear.
    You cannot sort gear into categories (left leg armour only etc)
    You don't get told (even roughly) what level missions are (LEVEL 45 MIRELURK QUEEN AT LEVEL 24 ANYONE!!!!)
    You don't get told where some of the missions are (many fans tout this as a positive, but honestly, there's too many buildings full of sweet f**k all to be wandering into them to find the 10 that have decent side quests like the robot pirates, cereal killer, haunted house etc etc)
    Settlements, the way they are handled needs mod support (unassigned settlers vs assigned settlers).

I only complain about this stuff as the game could have been a 9/10 but was seriously hamstrung.... and you know what, I 100% blame Bethesda.... they wanted the big E3 reveal with a "Coming in a mere 5 months"..... they needed to make the christmas market

Maybe it's a game for people who want to put 300 hours into it. I wasn't one of them (I will check my playtime later though)

I wish I had taken the game less seriously tbh and not gone with a build focusing on VATS and Rifles.

Last night I just gave Curie an Ashmaker Mini Gun and 3000 rounds for the laugh

Also I was balls deep in the gun modding scene in the mid-game, wish I started that earlier tbh.

If you start playing, get rank 2 in Gun Nut, Rank 1 in Science and Rank 1 in Armourer early on so you can start crafting mods.... makes the game a lot better as your guns end up doing a LOT more DPS

The patch is already out on PC, out next week on Xbox One and PS4.

They still haven't implemented mod support on the Xbox yet.

I pretty much 100% agree with Cormac about the game. Don't know how anyone could say this was GOTY, especially over the fantastic Witcher 3.

That french accent though :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They're not out yet but will be happening at some point apparently. Haven't seen anything about when exactly yet though.

Edit: I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be coming to PS4 at some stage too.

Cormac... wrote: »

Gimli you do get around don't you?

Cormac... wrote: »
    I wish I had taken the game less seriously tbh and not gone with a build focusing on VATS and Rifles.

To be honest - it doesn't take much effort / skill points, which is why I like it.
    For some situations, you'll need to use a gun / rifle.
    But when fighting lower level enemies / raiders, there's no reason at all not to use a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire and razors!

Even if you're in a losing situation, let your friends Psycho and Jet help you out.

I do agree with the examples you've given - here's another example:
    I accidental picked up a raiders entire inventory, instead of 1 piece of armour which was better than my equipped piece.
    Now I'm encumbered and have multiple sets or armour and other misc junk I didn't want to pick up - with no easy way of knowing what's valuable or useful.

I mean, the fact I can't filter say each left leg piece is crazy. It's like Bethesda went out of the way to be inconvenient...

You can filter by "Value" which is usually a good way of going "Best -> Worst"

I just don't think Bethesda games are for me tbh. Fallout 3 didn't grab me, Skyrim didn't. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just probably not their target audience. I'd prefer Uncharted or Shadow of Mordor or something more "Linear"

• Advertisement

I feel loved:

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    Cormac...
    gimli2112
    dudeeile
    Mam of 4
    Mitch Connor
    Knex.
    DeVore
    SolvableKnave