Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to Conceive 2016 onwards Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Stop, I don't know how people don't spend the 2ww symptom spotting,doing tests, it's so hard not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Hey does anybody know if you can get travel vaccinations if TTC? (Typhoid, Hep A and Tetanus). My other half and myself are planning on going for a break as just had to get Rubella vaccination today as doc took blood test told me it was dangerous to get pregnant without having my vaccine up to date. Long story short I can't conceive for a month now as a result of the vaccine. Wish I had done my research and known about that before TTC. If anyone knows anything about these travel vaccinations and TTC any advice is much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Luc01 wrote: »
    Hey does anybody know if you can get travel vaccinations if TTC? (Typhoid, Hep A and Tetanus). My other half and myself are planning on going for a break as just had to get Rubella vaccination today as doc took blood test told me it was dangerous to get pregnant without having my vaccine up to date. Long story short I can't conceive for a month now as a result of the vaccine. Wish I had done my research and known about that before TTC. If anyone knows anything about these travel vaccinations and TTC any advice is much appreciated.

Hi, please speak to your GP rather than taking the advice off strangers from the internet. We cannot give medical advice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I've currently hitting a emotional wall. I've spent the last week having panic attacks, crying and having no motivation to do anything.

I have a 4 year old daughter and last summer I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost a fallopian tube. I was sad for a few weeks after but nothing compared to now. I feel lost and empty. I grew up without siblings with an abusive single parent mother and all I've ever ever wanted was a family. My period is due today and I'm dreading it. All I want to do is stay at home with my baby and be a mom, everything else seems pointless. I'm top of my college class and I just don't care anymore. What's the point of a first class honours degree and lots of money from a great job if I can't have the only thing I actually want.

Sorry for the emotional ramblings, I know there are women with much worse fertility issues than me and knowing that makes me feel so selfish for complaining. There is just an empty feeling inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2010 and also lost a tube. I went on to have two daughters after! Don't give up hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ended up taking my first pregnancy test this morning as been feeling awful nausea the odd day or two for the past 2 weeks. was a BFN and don't mind as thought it was wierd since i apparently had a mild period on the 18th for 3 days that arrived a week early. just used one of my obv tests there and said neither a neg or pos so i have just ordered 5 pregnancy tests online so will test again when i get them to see and keep and eye on this nausea feeling as i haven't felt like this ever really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Hi everyone,

Folic acid when does everyone take it? And do you take it with food?

mollybird wrote: »
    ended up taking my first pregnancy test this morning as been feeling awful nausea the odd day or two for the past 2 weeks. was a BFN and don't mind as thought it was wierd since i apparently had a mild period on the 18th for 3 days that arrived a week early. just used one of my obv tests there and said neither a neg or pos so i have just ordered 5 pregnancy tests online so will test again when i get them to see and keep and eye on this nausea feeling as i haven't felt like this ever really.

I have had the same since December nausea in the morning, constant fatigue etc but all the bfn tests tell me im not pregnant. I feel i can't trust my body anymore I feel different but can't argue with all the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I've promised my husband that we will start TTC next month.

I'm really not looking forward to it though. It took my parents 8 years to have me, and I've always been really paranoid that I'll have the same issues.

I also find sex a bit of a chore most of the time, so the thought of having to do it 3 times per week and as dictated by OPKs is not appealing.

Why can't we just press a button and get pregnant and be done with it?!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Folic acid when does everyone take it? And do you take it with food?

I'm taking that Pregnacare Before Conception supplement, it's got folic acid and other vitamins etc. I used their prenatal vitamins when I was pregnant with my son and found them very good. They're very gentle on the tummy, so not necessary to take them with food, although they do recommend to take them with the main meal. I usually take mine around 6pm, but I've had to set a reminder on my phone because I'm terrible at remembering to take them. Also had to write the days of the month on each little section of the blister pack because I was getting confused thinking had I already taken one that day :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I take mine at 6.30, same time I used to take my pill so I was already in the routine. I have an app to remind me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I've promised my husband that we will start TTC next month.

I'm really not looking forward to it though. It took my parents 8 years to have me, and I've always been really paranoid that I'll have the same issues.

I have the same worry but for no logical reason. I just feel like it won't be easy for me to get pregnant.
    Maybe it stems from experiences in my life, I find it takes me longer to get where I want than other people although I have always got there eventually. Granted there is no logical connection between this and pregnancy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Roselm wrote: »
    I have the same worry but for no logical reason. I just feel like it won't be easy for me to get pregnant.
    Maybe it stems from experiences in my life, I find it takes me longer to get where I want than other people although I have always got there eventually. Granted there is no logical connection between this and pregnancy!!!

I think that is really understandable. We hear a lot in the media about woman leaving it too late to get pregnant and optimum age/weight/diet to get pregnant and all that stuff and I think all of that information comes rushing back into our heads when we start ttc!

Roselm wrote: »

I know the feeling Roselm! And it just gets itself stuck in your head! I flip between that and being convinced im pregnant!

Toots wrote: »
    I'm taking that Pregnacare Before Conception supplement, it's got folic acid and other vitamins etc. I used their prenatal vitamins when I was pregnant with my son and found them very good. They're very gentle on the tummy, so not necessary to take them with food, although they do recommend to take them with the main meal. I usually take mine around 6pm, but I've had to set a reminder on my phone because I'm terrible at remembering to take them. Also had to write the days of the month on each little section of the blister pack because I was getting confused thinking had I already taken one that day :o

I have got the seven seas trying for a baby vits this morning! Going to switch from tesco own brand folic acid as i think it could be adding to the nausea. Going to use the reminder on my phone plus the new vits come in a mini pill pack so i can discreetly take em! Ordered opk's this morning too so going to try everything right next month! Have cutout alcohol almost entirely and trying to eat better so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

Well sad one here but cutting a long story short and sparing details, we're not ttc anymore as we've decided to part company. I hope everyone finds their happiness on a stick and that the rest of your lives with your new babies is full of joy and happiness! Best of luck everyone xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Tunage wrote: »
    Well sad one here but cutting a long story short and sparing details, we're not ttc anymore as we've decided to part company. I hope everyone finds their happiness on a stick and that the rest of your lives with your new babies is full of joy and happiness! Best of luck everyone xxx

Oh no, so sorry to hear that.
    Take care of yourself

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Aw Tunage, that's terrible. I hope you're ok xo

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Sorry to hear tunage x

Tunage wrote: »

So sorry to hear that Tunage! Hope you are doing ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

We are on #3 attempt with IVF this year...... fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hi Guys

Trying to conceive baby number 3. Have been trying since september but properly since november. But had a very stressful month november where my period came for 4 days, came 2 days later lasting a day and then came again a day later and was a week long!! I think it may have been a missed miscarriage but can't b sure. december period normal then my last 2 periods have been odd. One came 2 days early and this one is after arriving 5 days early!

I'm so confused at the moment. both my other kids were conceived within 3 months. just posting to see if anyone has any ideas and just for support!? going for acupuncture and reflexology. just feeling really down at the moment. was sure I had early pregnancy symptoms this month.

I don't think my ovaries know what they're doing. Have been having EWCM for the last 10 days, still no ovulation. Managed to spill a cup of pee all over the bathroom floor this morning too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Toots wrote: »
    I don't think my ovaries know what they're doing. Have been having EWCM for the last 10 days, still no ovulation. Managed to spill a cup of pee all over the bathroom floor this morning too :(

Ha, you have to just laugh at that!

Well i suppose having a bit of ewcm is good, it means something is happening! Even if it happening for 10 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

AF arrived today, both a bit deflated even though it's only our first month properly trying.

That sucks Business Cat, TTC is so bloody hard, it's like setting yourself up for monthly disappointment. Even if you make a conscious effort not to, it's hard not to be let down every time AF arrives.

I did a pregnancy test last night and a 2nd line showed briefly on the strip then disappeared! So assuming i am not pregnant. Will just have to see if af is late! Wouldn't mind only i was just testing a batch of tests i bought off ebay wasexpecting a bfn

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Molly1983

Emmal14 wrote: »
    I did a pregnancy test last night and a 2nd line showed briefly on the strip then disappeared! So assuming i am not pregnant. Will just have to see if af is late! Wouldn't mind only i was just testing a batch of tests i bought off ebay wasexpecting a bfn

You could try again using first urine of the day. But I find the cheaper ones not as sensitive as other ones. I got bfp on first response and clear blue with dealz one showing a very faint line 2 days after af was due

Molly1983 wrote: »
    You could try again using first urine of the day. But I find the cheaper ones not as sensitive as other ones. I got bfp on first response and clear blue with dealz one showing a very faint line 2 days after af was due

Thanks! I got urine test strips just so i could test whenever i couldn't fight the urge anymore lol! I have a digital clear blue at home il try with fmu tomorrow. I did test at 7pm last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Any update Emma?!

Advertisement