Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stonemason seeks job in New Zealand

• 22-10-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Guys i could do with some help..i am planning a permanent move to New Zealand aiming for Christchurch as soon as possible. Ive been onto immigration and they informed me i need to have a "job offer" before i can get either a "Skilled Migrant Visa" or the "Work To Residency Visa" i've been working as a stonemason the past 15 years or so at home here in kilkenny.

Problem is i don't have any papers as i was just working with my dad on and off over the years doing all aspects of stonework/brickwork/blockwork/labouring...tbh i don't mind what i do over there, has anyone information on jobs or advice on what steps to take?

I'm 38 and i'm single so pretty much straight forward, only thing is the job offer, i've been emailing scores of companies/recruitment agencies the past few months but all i get back is "contact us as soon as you arrive" which is no good to me..

Going nowhere fast...

Cheers !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭2.8trooper

have you considered a 3 month holiday and meet face to face with possible employers,it may show you are serious about the move.
    you will struggle without paperwork if I'm honest,i am a stonemason to and never got into it here just no work were I'm living.im here 6 years now and if there is anything i can do to help pm me.
    if your considering christchurch do a really good cv get as many references as possible from past clients if you were self employed or from past employers.
    its more a face to face thing here i emailed countless stone companies before moving here and never had one reply,mind you that was before the earthquake.
    do you have qualifications for anything?
    who did you work for in kilkenny out of interest i worked for stone developments in carlow for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

tomtom38 wrote: »
    Ive been onto immigration and they informed me i need to have a "job offer" before i can get either a "Skilled Migrant Visa" or the "Work To Residency Visa" !

unless it's purely related to your age that's not true. IF you get enough points on the scale regardless of job offer you can get a visa, it will however speed it up greatly.

Advertisement