Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have the Division pre-ordered Seriously been looking forward to it for ages now. Nothing I've seen has dampened the enthusiasm. Being set up for a massive disappointment. Need to work out how to get the Beta working this weekend. Setting up / reactivating my U-play account fills me with dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Euro Truck Simulator is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    These clips go out to Rossi, Optimus and Chimp!

We need to petition Ftizthistlewits to make more videos. I've seen the Train Simulator one but hadn't seen the Farming Simulator review. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

We need to petition Ftizthistlewits to make more videos. I've seen the Train Simulator one but hadn't seen the Farming Simulator review. :D

I love the short ones, but some of the longer ones are worth the pay off and have seriously quotable lines.

I'm constantly on about the "crab of dreams" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Have many people preordered the division for the beta this weekend?

• Advertisement

Have many people preordered the division for the beta this weekend?

Been hovering over the idea/"pre order now" button for about a fortnight now myself.

But I just have no confidence in Ubisoft to deliver a fully functioning game within about 10 days of launch (ironic given we're the amount of destiny patches we're into)

And secondly, it seems like the kind of game where you won't "lose out" on anything by coming to the party 2 months later when it's been patched to hell and back and you can pick it up second hand.

I'm looking at the Division as Destiny.... Ubisoft are gonna be awkwardly dipping their tonnes in moderately unknown waters.

I'd be more inclined to try join the Division when it's in the state that Destiny was in around December/January a year ago if that makes sense.

I mean, I'd love to be there "Day one" doing all the stuff "1s" with the lads from here/clan. But I know I won't have time to commit.

With my Borderlands 2 play through only just getting to TVHM (for the 1st time ever) and X-Com 2 coming out and playing through Life is Strange with the missus and dropping in for a night of Drunken Crucible and I just started properly into Starcraft 2 LoV..... well..... I'm a bit time poor.

And The Division seems like a Time Sink (in a good way).
    I think I've learned a lot about going to hard, too young, too fast into a game like that now thanks to being a bit burned/burned out by Destiny.
    Need to try balance my gaming time more.

I'll swan in when Conovar is up to like 300 hours played and get him to carry sherpa me through the game when I will inevitably get a Gjallahorn Equivalent within 3 hours of play

Will defo be keeping an eye on the thread and feedback though. But if people finish the story within 2 days I'd be a bit.... "eeehhhhh" (Tina Belcher Voice)
    And will then proceed to pick it up cheap 2nd hand on Adverts (same as Destiny going for €20 online so early in its release)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This lad is my favourite youtuber.

Following one from this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057552932

GET THE PS4 OFFICIAL ONES!!!!

Repeat above advice ad-nauseum.

3rd best headset currently available for ANY Price on ANY device
    Full stop. End Of. Close the Door on your way out!

Also, this constantly comes up on Chat etc.

But these are a seriously good investment

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/bundles.html

Here's the specific pack I got

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/bundles/perfect-arsenal-black-ops-3.html

I use the Medium Concave one on the Right Stick (for aiming) and the Low Convex one on the left stick (for movement)

Seeing as the PS4 control sticks need covers anyway to stop the grip wearing down, these are a wide choice and make life a bit easier in PvP etc

If you do some googling, there's codes for discounts etc and the dollar exchange rate brings em down to about €25 posted.

I don't use the 3rd pack (the highest ones), just got them to try them out

EDIT: Just realised they do a single pack (specifically aimed at Destiny) which includes one of each stick (like mentioned above) and better grip

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-galaxy.html/

That colour though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

EDIT: Just realised they do a single pack (specifically aimed at Destiny) which includes one of each stick (like mentioned above) and better grip

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-galaxy.html/

That colour though :o

Space magic :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Decided to watch flash, arrow and dc legends of tomorrow last night. Its early days to say if LoT will be good or not tbh.

I'm constantly on about the "crab of dreams" :pac:

"Aww... Well, at least he turned into a seagull... Which is almost as good as getting his dead wife back."

Just heard now that the X-Files is back. Disappointed this did not come up on Party Chat at any stage -_-

Just heard now that the X-Files is back. Disappointed this did not come up on Party Chat at any stage -_-

I'm actually pretty sure this did come up in conversation on Saturday :D

I'm actually pretty sure this did come up in conversation on Saturday :D

What good is that to me?!?!?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For the PS lads, Helldivers free in February's PS+ offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Question for those who have the PS Wireless head set, when the battery dies mid game and you connect it to the controller old school method, is there a way to control the volume and the chat/game sound? Did it last night and couldnt hear a word being said as in game sound effects were way too loud, tried the built in buttons on the headset but they dont seem to work when the headset is wired up.....what am i missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

kevind1 wrote: »
    Question for those who have the PS Wireless head set, when the battery dies mid game and you connect it to the controller old school method, is there a way to control the volume and the chat/game sound? Did it last night and couldnt hear a word being said as in game sound effects were way too loud, tried the built in buttons on the headset but they dont seem to work when the headset is wired up.....what am i missing?

I would imagine it reverts to the in-game audio settings. No harm in checking them anyway, set both chat and in-game sounds to 100% and see if it makes a difference.

When the battery starts to go I charge it with a portable power bank so haven't had to wire it to the controller.

Don't connect the headset to the controller full stop.
    I think we all made that mistake :o
    It's 100% wireless, can't even remember what the cable that connects the headset to the controller is for tbh.

that should fix 90% of your issues

When the headset dies (it gives you a warning about 20 mins before hand) it will just revert to the sound coming out of the TV

Question for those who have the PS Wireless head set, when the battery dies mid game and you connect it to the controller old school method,

Whoa whoa whoa.... You can power the wireless headset from the controller???

• Advertisement

Whoa whoa whoa.... You can power the wireless headset from the controller???

No you can't
    Adaptable Audio: Connect wirelessly to your PS4™, PS3™, and home computer, or connect to your PS Vita system or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable and take your sound with you.

So the battery still needs to be charged to use it, right?

I know you can plug the headphones into a normal jack, but from reading the above it seems like it also powered the headphones.

That's just an audio cable, I'm not sure, but I'd be fairly confident it doesn't carry a charge.

No better way than for you to go try it out though eh Chimp? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mentioned it briefly in a party chat the other night - but will mention it here too:

Anyon who was a fan of the new battlestar galatica series (which was fecking awesome) should get on to 'The Expanse'. A new series by SyFy. Very like Battlestar in style/tone. Only watched the first 4 episodes, of 8 or 9, and watching the fifth now. Already utterly hooked, excellent show.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mentioned it briefly in a party chat the other night - but will mention it here too:

Anyon who was a fan of the new battlestar galatica series (which was fecking awesome) should get on to 'The Expanse'. A new series by SyFy. Very like Battlestar in style/tone. Only watched the first 4 episodes, of 8 or 9, and watching the fifth now. Already utterly hooked, excellent show.

Yeah, it's very good, I read the book shortly before starting it too. Looking forward to the finale now this week. They really went all out with the production values.

At the other end of the spectrum, I watched the first episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow over the weekend and it has to be one of the worst bits of TV I've sat through in years.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, it's very good, I read the book shortly before starting it too. Looking forward to the finale now this week. They really went all out with the production values.

At the other end of the spectrum, I watched the first episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow over the weekend and it has to be one of the worst bits of TV I've sat through in years.

yeah - i'm a big fan of Arrow and Flash, but Legends is doing fecking nothing for me. Just feels so very cheap. I think it has potential, in a Stargate Atlantis type of way; but the first two episodes don't fill me with much hope. I'll probably stick with it for the moment, but it won't be a program I am rushing to watch (like Arrow and, particularly, Flash.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Downloading it now based on your recommendation :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think Arrow is pretty awful too tbh, though only watched the first few episodes. Flash seems likeable enough alright.

• Mentioned it briefly in a party chat the other night - but will mention it here too:

Finding myself very fond of it.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think Arrow is pretty awful too tbh, though only watched the first few episodes. Flash seems likeable enough alright.

Arrow improved after the first season, and especially the first few episodes, imo. Flash is the better show though, a more interesting overall story arc (though weeker on the "villain of the week" front) and a better cast of characters.

Advertisement