Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Your Destiny Questions Answered Right Here (Welcome Newbies)

• 13-01-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

1st off: How can one counter the Hunter Tiny-Hands de-buff? :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Can someone explain the story, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

We don't have time to expai...... oh you get the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Stop scaring away the new people you pests! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

What's the deal with Iron Banner/Trials of Osiris? Why are they limited events? I've played Iron Banner a few times, seems like it's no different to regular crucible but they dress it up with a load of bounties and shaders and stuff. I honestly don't get what it's getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,965 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A Neurotic wrote: »
    What's the deal with Iron Banner/Trials of Osiris? Why are they limited events? I've played Iron Banner a few times, seems like it's no different to regular crucible but they dress it up with a load of bounties and shaders and stuff. I honestly don't get what it's getting at.

Iron Banner has, historically, offered end game or high end gear, so it is held above normal crucible for that reason. Having it as a timed, periodic event keeps it special and keeps engagement in the mode relatively high. If it was on consistently, the number of people playing it would drop.

Trials is timed for similar reasons - it is an end game level activity, and having it only on the weekend focuses the user base on it.

It is mostly cynical player manipulation.

• Advertisement

Trials of Osiris is every weekend
    Friday 6pm GMT to 10am Tuesday GMT (give or take an hour)

Iron Banner is every 4 to 7 weeks (with about 5 weeks being the average)
    It lasts Tuesday 6pm (nowadays) to the following Tuesdays 9am (or one hour before reset).

Both have level advantages enabled.
    In standard crucible, a level 10 player with light level of 30 or so, using the same guns would do the same damage as a level 40 player with Light Level 310 and vice versa.

In Iron Banner and Trials, you damage scales based on your level like in the graph shown below where each increment indicates 10 light levels

level_delta.jpg

The green line here is the one that matters:

delta_zoom.jpg

I do a guide for it on Reddit each time it comes round, but I'll repost it here shortly (once the reformatting is done), I don't repost on boards, as it is currently common knowledge, (but not for newbies, hence this being the thread for your questions)

Previous Iron Banner Launch Dates for the Record:
    29th December...
    17th November (6 Weeks)
    13th October (5 Weeks)
    25th August (7 Weeks)
    28th July (4 Weeks)
    30th June (4 Weeks)
    2nd June (4 Weeks)
    28th April (5 Weeks)
    17th March (6 Weeks)
    17th February (4 Weeks)
    13th January (5 Weeks)
    16th December (4 weeks)
    18th November (4 weeks)
    7th October (6 weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

New Grimoire Card acquired - Destiny story
    More info at Bungie.net

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Iron Banner has, historically, offered end game or high end gear, so it is held above normal crucible for that reason. Having it as a timed, periodic event keeps it special and keeps engagement in the mode relatively high. If it was on consistently, the number of people playing it would drop.

Trials is timed for similar reasons - it is an end game level activity, and having it only on the weekend focuses the user base on it.

It is mostly cynical player manipulation.

Also, in regular Crucible, your level and that of your gear is meaningless. You could rock up with year 1 gear (I did the scout rifle part of the gunsmith quests with Vision of Confluence from Vog) and you are in no way at a disadvantage.

Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris, on the other hand, your level and that of your gear matters. You will need top end gear to have a viable chance of being competitive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats the deal with "Make the Vanguard Smile" quest lads?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Whats the deal with "Make the Vanguard Smile" quest lads?

You get one of the better Sparrows (in fact it gave the best sparrow for SRL) called "Swiftriver"

It was a timed exclusive for people in the states that drank red bull until January

The 1st step is best done in a group, ideally on the dreadnaught

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    You get one of the better Sparrows (in fact it gave the best sparrow for SRL) called "Swiftriver"

It was a timed exclusive for people in the states that drank red bull until January

The 1st step is best done in a group, ideally on the dreadnaught

Well I have it tracked but it doesnt show up on any of the planets etc?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Well I have it tracked but it doesnt show up on any of the planets etc?

You're going to need to go into Patrol and look for a patrol mission icon that looks like a stop watch.

Cormac... wrote: »
    You're going to need to go into Patrol and look for a patrol mission icon that looks like a stop watch.

Ah grand, I though I was going a bit mad haha

Advertisement