Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DESTINY FORUM!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'd actually be happy if they gave proper rewards or even year 2 versions of year 1 exotics for doing crota and the vault of glass, it'd give people a bit more variety in terms of what raid to play anyway.

same for prison of elders, it kind of beggars belief that they're just left as they are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd actually be happy if they gave proper rewards or even year 2 versions of year 1 exotics for doing crota and the vault of glass, it'd give people a bit more variety in terms of what raid to play anyway.

same for prison of elders, it kind of beggars belief that they're just left as they are.

It would actually make sense that they are making changes to POE etc since they just released the year 2 versions of the exotics. Maybe they adjust the difficulty up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can I make the suggestion that you allow us to vote (publicly or privately) for one of these positions to be filled from the ranks of the user base. This of course is only a suggestion but I think it would be that bit better for the forum to have someone we're familiar with as a mod.

The admins and cmods of course would have final say on this and it would have to be someone deemed worthy enough for the title.

I'm afraid to say this isn't a goer for a couple of reasons. We've picked the three mods here (which is actually one more than we'd usually have for new forums) - say hi to Mickeroo, jonny24ie and Andrew76! - after plenty of consideration of a range of candidates. While they all are fans of the game and should hopefully be familiar names to a majority of regular Destiny posters and players, they all have different levels of engagement with the community which is vitally important to have a fair and balanced mod team :)

There's a huge amount of great Destiny posters from the megathreads, and we really hope they'll all help build this into a community which can keep active from here to Destiny 2 and beyond!

Just to note myself, Kiith and Retr0 are not dedicated mods of this forum - that we're listed is simply a quirk of the way the category is laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jonny cheats at sparrow racing!
    Congrats to the three new mods. All hail our new overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

when does the echo chamber strike come to xbox ? that could be the last "update" for xbox anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Jonny cheats at sparrow racing!
    Congrats to the three new mods. All hail our new overlords.

Thanks Gims, its only cheating if your caught :P

BTW we are currently discussing what constitutes a ban in the forum and I think number 1 is singing Miley haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Thanks Gims, its only cheating if your caught :P

BTW we are currently discussing what constitutes a ban in the forum and I think number 1 is singing Miley haha

But Mick Lally had such a melodic voice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

ibFoxer wrote: »
    FIRST THREAD- WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And there goes my honest days pay for an honest days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dudeeile wrote: »
    And there goes my honest days pay for an honest days work.

I've often found an honest days pay for a half arsed days work to be almost equally enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Great way to run the challenge last night checkpoint from totems, after the 3 runs the drops started to stack up, though so many 310/320 artifacts now at least you can pick the one with the best rolls (if you can call grenade or melee giving you an orb a choice of roll! )

Just need to work on our character selection, we were nearly had a round of all hunters or a round of all titans :)

• Advertisement

Big congrats to Mick, Jonny and Andrew, with great power comes great responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Big congrats to Mick, Jonny and Andrew, with great power comes great responsibility.

Yeah, but jonny doesn't know about "The Bomb".... ;)

Just saying.....

Just saying.....

I am the mother******* bomb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

syboit wrote: »
    Great way to run the challenge last night checkpoint from totems, after the 3 runs the drops started to stack up, though so many 310/320 artifacts now at least you can pick the one with the best rolls (if you can call grenade or melee giving you an orb a choice of roll! )

Just need to work on our character selection, we were nearly had a round of all hunters or a round of all titans :)
    Tried doin the challenge last night and give up after about 40 minutes at the totems. A couple of times were deaths that were the players fault, but the vast majority were caused by the aura not transferring for some inexplicable reason.

Standing in the centre, literally right on the other guys shoulder and..... nope. no transfer for you. Was so annoying. Sooner bungie get back to work after their holidays the better. Crucible has been insane for a week or so.

Just saying.....

Kill all the things! If I wasn't on mobile I'd post a pic for that, over to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sooner bungie get back to work after their holidays the better. Crucible has been insane for a week or so.

Indeed, dead bodies every where, the worst lag Destiny has ever had, slow matchmaking and TLW and Thorn suddenly back to HoW levels of devastation.

Kill all the things! If I wasn't on mobile I'd post a pic for that, over to you...

Post it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

399f1b785a2f05263b4f9ebc1380168fdc8f01d2ca31e606120d5bad70d6c2da.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

So happy that the forum is now a reality. I haven't played any Destiny in a while but I'll be back soon enough. FallOut is taking up all my time at the moment.

Two cents added....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PlainP wrote: »
    Two cents Bottlecaps added....

Fixed that for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I demand that all mod actions are followed by crap Destiny dialogue.

You've awoken the mods!
    That infraction came from the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I demand that all mod actions are followed by crap Destiny dialogue.

You've awoken the mods!
    That infraction came from the moon.

Oh, I could tell you why you have been infracted....

I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain, why you have been infracted.

Man, they could fire out infractions to beat the band and it would simply be amusing (to start...)

Advertisement