Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DESTINY FORUM!!

• 13-01-2016 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

FIRST THREAD- WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

ibFoxer wrote: »
    FIRST THREAD- WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Who let you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

7th!!!! (maths was never my strong suit...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Oh lads this place is a noob. Better work on it's light level.

EVERYTHING IS SHINY HERE!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,960 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Can't believe you noobs still play this game. its all about Borderlands 2 now (again). And The Division in a couple of months!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

woohoo made first page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It will be weird seeing the first page of the Games forum without the Destiny thread on it. I think the Destiny thread has been there constantly since the game launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Can't believe you noobs still play this game. its all about Borderlands 2 now (again). And The Division in a couple of months!
    You'll come back . . . they always come back.

You'll come back . . . they always come back.

Oh I know I will - seriously, while I am playing a bit of Borderlands at the moment, if it wasn't for the fact I'm playing it with Destiny lads off here I wouldn't be doing that either.

I am looking forward to The Division - but again this is down to Destiny.

1. It has lessened my fear of this type of game (open world semi competitive shooter)
    2. I am hoping a number of the Destiny lads on here get it and the community can play co-op in the Division - which will bridge time before/between/after whatever events or expansions Destiny offers - or its sequel which I assume will hit towards the end of this year.

Also, regardless of what other games I play - if there are Raid groups with the regulars on here, or Iron Banner 6 man teams chatting sh1t, I will come back to Destiny to play those too.

I reckon I will be playing a lot less Destiny over the next while than I have been, but I have been playing Destiny A LOT.

Weird how this forum cant be accessed via the touch site - and it also doesn't actually show up in the list of forums in 'Popular Games'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Weird how this forum cant be accessed via the touch site - and it also doesn't actually show up in the list of forums in 'Popular Games'.

#SecretForum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I am in on the secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

We don't have time to explain why we don't have time to explain, but boy, we could tell you a story, tell you of the Traveller, and all the other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think things will be quiet at first, until we start seeing Destiny 2 info, either via leaks or an official announcement.

I haven't played much the last few weeks, due to all the various games that came out over Christmas, and still playing through them.

Also, don't see there being a big content drop until Destiny 2, and I am sure everyone will be back for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was watching a youtuber this morning speculating there will be one event like SRL/Skolas and one Raid going to be released prior to D2. This was based on some data mining done last year which has been accurate so far.

I'll still be playing this until D2 but (probably) won't be getting up at 4 like before to do so. IB/SRL/the odd NF/some quests and just general messing around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Don't worry, we haven't fully launched the forum yet - it will be visible as normal very soon. There's still a few bits and pieces we have to clean up first, such as finalising mod appointment, before we start properly pushing it out. So bear with us for another very short while - it's nearly there.

But how'd I know the Destiny crew would find it before you were meant to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wes wrote: »
    I think things will be quiet at first, until we start seeing Destiny 2 info, either via leaks or an official announcement.

I haven't played much the last few weeks, due to all the various games that came out over Christmas, and still playing through them.

Also, don't see there being a big content drop until Destiny 2, and I am sure everyone will be back for that.
    Well we will have the Spring event next month apparently which seems will be called the dawning. Seeing as this event is supposed to be like Festival of the Lost for New Year it will probably kick off on Feb 10th, the first day of the Chinese New Year.

There are rumours going around that the Dawnbreaker exotic sparrow will be made available during this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Don't worry, we haven't fully launched the forum yet - it will be visible as normal very soon. There's still a few bits and pieces we have to clean up first, such as finalising mod appointment, before we start properly pushing it out. So bear with us for another very short while - it's nearly there.

We could tell you a story....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Theres not much about destiny that can be hidden away anymore haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Well we will have the Spring event next month apparently which seems will be called the dawning. Seeing as this event is supposed to be like Festival of the Lost for New Year it will probably kick off on Feb 10th, the first day of the Chinese New Year.

Yeah, heard those rumors, but not sure if such events are worth playing for. There fun for a little while.
    There are rumours going around that the Dawnbreaker exotic sparrow will be made available during this event.

Hmmmm, now that might be worth playing for.

I don't think we will get a proper (for lack of a better word) content drop, with new area's, strikes, multiplayer maps and a raid, until Destiny 2. Now, I could completely wrong in that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I don't think we will get a proper (for lack of a better word) content drop, with new area's, strikes, multiplayer maps and a raid, until Destiny 2. Now, I could completely wrong in that as well.

I think we might, i know there was information put out in the wild suggesting that there would only be small, event based drops this year but my understanding is that Deej backtracked on that a little bit and suggested there may be more content made available.

Although to counter that, i also understand that the game engine makes it difficult to implement change easily, and it appears to take a lot more planning than your other AAA titles to drop DLC, so it's probably hinging on whether they are working full tilt on D2 or if there are devs still working on D1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Its-Happening-Ron-Paul-Rave-Reaction-Gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

If they upped the level for CE & VOG and added in a challenge mode into those - that would add in some more end game content variation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would love to see a raid that your pitted against Crota/Skolas/Oryx all in the one.

I think we might, i know there was information put out in the wild suggesting that there would only be small, event based drops this year but my understanding is that Deej backtracked on that a little bit and suggested there may be more content made available.

Although to counter that, i also understand that the game engine makes it difficult to implement change easily, and it appears to take a lot more planning than your other AAA titles to drop DLC, so it's probably hinging on whether they are working full tilt on D2 or if there are devs still working on D1.

What i think they have said is that there is another event planned - and then some more substantial content. However they said the new content is 'bigger than anything since The Taken King'.

Considering Festival of the Lost and Sparrow Racing are the only content we have got since TTK released, that isn't a big bar to leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Can I make the suggestion that you allow us to vote (publicly or privately) for one of these positions to be filled from the ranks of the user base. This of course is only a suggestion but I think it would be that bit better for the forum to have someone we're familiar with as a mod.

The admins and cmods of course would have final say on this and it would have to be someone deemed worthy enough for the title.

Can I make the suggestion that you allow us to vote (publicly or privately) for one of these positions to be filled from the ranks of the user base. This of course is only a suggestion but I think it would be that bit better for the forum to have someone we're familiar with as a mod.

The admins and cmods of course would have final say on this and it would have to be someone deemed worthy enough for the title.

A mod of the people :P

jonny24ie wrote: »
    A mod of the people :P

For the people, by the people :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'll fight you for it. :D

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I would love to see a raid that your pitted against Crota/Skolas/Oryx all in the one.

Now that's a party.

• Advertisement

Now that's a party.

I would say many a drunken night would be had with that one :D

Advertisement