Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Lumia Repairs

• 05-01-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

My 930 hit the deck recently and I was quoted €169 to replace the screen.
    Ludicrous imo because I could get a second hand phone for that.

Can anybody recommend a repair place that can offer a more reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I got a lumia 1020 screen replaced in the nokia centre in Tipperary Town for €135 - there are other approved repair centres depending on where you are

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ablelocks wrote: »
    I got a lumia 1020 screen replaced in the nokia centre in Tipperary Town for €135 - there are other approved repair centres depending on where you are

Yeah it was a Nokia care point that I went with.
    I should think that all their branches charge the same but I'll ring around anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

You can get the screen and frame from ebay for about E75 and do it yourself if you want. It's a bit finicky though but relatively straight forward. Hardest part is probably getting the battery out as it's really glued in there.

I'd recommend getting the full assembly otherwise you'll need a heat gun and some very thin double sided, strong adhesive, sticky tape if you go for just the screen.

No way would I chance that myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Be careful, the Nokia Care Points are closing down. The one in Newbridge is already gone and the one in Navan is shutting on the 31st. They are moving towards online only customer service.

Try some of the Chinese phone shops around I guess?

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Be careful, the Nokia Care Points are closing down. The one in Newbridge is already gone and the one in Navan is shutting on the 31st. They are moving towards online only customer service.

Try some of the Chinese phone shops around I guess?

I thought they were just losing the license to use the Nokia name.
    The brick and mortar shops and their staff are still there, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I thought they were just losing the license to use the Nokia name.
    The brick and mortar shops and their staff are still there, no?

I doubt it. The guy I rang in Navan was quite downbeat and the Newbridge branch is definitely done for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

afaik, the one in tipperary is still open, but they did change their name and signage

Galway too AFAIK

Advertisement