Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Do they really claim this? :D

If it's the same Phoenix that I've tried in the past, it's very much like dekang or wicked e liquids, high PG, cheap for good reason. Looking on there it does seem to be, same symbol, same juice names. There's much, much better out there. Of course, some may love it, like yourself :) just saying I have experienced it and thought very differently.

Its rubbish in my experience as well. 70/30- PG/VG

Down the drain it went :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Nothing wrong with PG unless your one of the very few with an intolerance to it. It's not what makes a product cheap.

The reality is that the components that make up all Juices from the high cost "premium" to the value end of the scale are very cheap in bulk.

About the only costly item is nicotine and even this only tastes off when it ends up oxidised or been sitting too long on the shelf.

A major reason that I got into DIY juices is to control (somewhat) exactly what I vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It may not be because of the high PG, it might be more the cack cheap flavouring they use? whatever it is, most bad juices I've had were high PG. Coincidence or not.

Something I have always wondered though, why are high VG juices more expensive? It's got to be better quality flavourings and nic right? Also, why do some juice makers opt for higher PG if it's not any cheaper? Nowadays the demand is mostly for high VG. Got to be some connection. I got some 60/40 juices other day, and they're ... ok ... nothing on any of the so-called premium high VG juices I normally use.

PG will carry the flavour better and less flavour can be used in production. It also gives more of a throat hit. Vapour cloud production is much lower.

VG has a softer mouth and throat feel and produces much more visible vapour clouds. Wicking can be an issue so water content is often added to a juice. More flavour need to be used increasing the production cost.

One of the reasons you see high PG in cheaper juices is that they are likely more compatible with wicking in cheaper vape devices. Higher PG will also increase the shelf life of a juice.

I can make the equivalent of a cheap juice or a premium juice but cost wise it's almost the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

If it's the same Phoenix that I've tried in the past, it's very much like dekang or wicked e liquids, high PG, cheap for good reason. Looking on there it does seem to be, same symbol, same juice names. There's much, much better out there. Of course, some may love it, like yourself :) just saying I have experienced it and thought very differently.

Well that's what the guy in the shop said, they have a lab in Peterborough where they make it.

I mean it's no Red Vape Havana, but for cheap eliquid I think it's great (the tobacco flavours anyway, I still don't get the whole fruity sweety mentholy flavours, bleugh).

Anyway, there's no accounting for taste.

• Advertisement

Gez69 wrote: »
    Well that's what the guy in the shop said, they have a lab in Peterborough where they make it.

I mean it's no Red Vape Havana, but for cheap eliquid I think it's great (the tobacco flavours anyway, I still don't get the whole fruity sweety mentholy flavours, bleugh).

Anyway, there's no accounting for taste.

Of course, and if you enjoy it, then that's great! I wish I could fine a regular ADV range that was nice and cheap. The best value for me personally atm is One hit wonder juices. They're high VG, flavour is good, and overall quality seems to be on par with juices 3 times the price. Only thing is you have to buy a lot of it at once [180ml] but I'm sure that helps keep costs down [I just like to change flavours depending on mood] So you had better like it before buying!! luckily my local iVape always has samples out to try before buying. You can't really do this buying from the UK, you need to know the juice beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I tried their liquid at Vapefest last year and thought it was good. Their Banana Bread flavour was a stand out and was actually really good.

Youve also got the wrong end of the stick there as regards 'high VG'. The reason its more popular and the 'premium' juices are heavily VG is that many people are obsessive about 'cloud chasing'. I wouldnt be one of those people.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I tried their liquid at Vapefest last year and thought it was good. Their Banana Bread flavour was a stand out and was actually really good.

Youve also got the wrong end of the stick there as regards 'high VG'. The reason its more popular and the 'premium' juices are heavily VG is that many people are obsessive about 'cloud chasing'. I wouldnt be one of those people.

I had what was supposed to be coffee/cappuccino and another that was meant to be banana - they may as well have called them cheap perfume, and I mean even after a long steep it was diabolical. Apart from the burning taste that's what I got, a strong bad, perfume taste - both flavours the same. I was being nice about it tbh :D I don't obsess over any such thing, I'm vaping 3 years now and know the difference between crap and decent. I'm not a 'cloud chaser' by any means, I prefer VG because the taste is generally sweeter, more natural, and just better all-round IMO. PG juices, even higher priced ones, tend to be a bit more 'harsh' - where I usedto love the throat hit they offered, I'm lung inhaling now and high VG is just miles better for that. I couldn't give a stuff if the clouds were weak :D I'm not into that craic at all. I am one of those who started vaping to kick the cig's ... imagine! :O

You fire ahead vaping it, but it certainly wouldn't touch any of my coils.

Been vaping the Phoenix Drum Roll tobacco mentioned on the previous page a lot recently. At 10 watts (I think I found my sweet spot) it's bloody gorgeous.

Liqua French pipe tobacco - my first tobacco flavoured juice in over a year at least. Really like it, surprising smooth for a 70/30 PG/VG. Good value as well.

• Advertisement

3 juices from Vapeshoreditch: Traditional Tobacco, Rich Tobacco and Golden Tobacco. Hmm, all a little bit cake mixy for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Help needed :o

Found a great site about a week ago, 99% sure they were based in the U.K...

They had 'once off' deals/ kits with a selection of juices and a mods, from what I gathered it was random so you didn't know what you were getting.

Anyone have an idea on what I'm on about... was it all a dream? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Help needed :o

Found a great site about a week ago, 99% sure they were based in the U.K...

They had 'once off' deals/ kits with a selection of juices and a mods, from what I gathered it was random so you didn't know what you were getting.

Anyone have an idea on what I'm on about... was it all a dream? :pac:

That's right,I saw it on Youtube,"Vaping with Vic" was the reviewer,I don't have time to look through his passed videos but here is the link to his YT videos,it was about 4 to 8 weeks ago....Good Luck finding it...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnysMyOhLdS9OzxTXjUJjGQ

That's right,I saw it on Youtube,"Vaping with Vic" was the reviewer,I don't have time to look through his passed videos but here is the link to his YT videos,it was about 4 to 8 weeks ago....Good Luck finding it...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnysMyOhLdS9OzxTXjUJjGQ

Ah it wasn't a dream! Fair play for that, I'll report back.... soon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Boosted Intercooler quite the yummy juice.

Its not actually what I ordered, I ordered Boosted Wastegate. Looked up the flavouring for Intercooler and thought oh jesus, but its a couple of days before christmas. So tried it. And im happy.

Its apple, cranberry and cream. Its actually really, very nice. It gets a bit sweet over time, but certainly not as bad as I would have expected. Rather like the stuff.
    I say that as someone who has become totally disillusioned with "gourmet juices" in the last year or so. I find most of those juices are all variations of the same flavour. All very boring and overpriced. But the my biggest problem with them is they mostly state that they are some enticing fruit flavours, with a hint of Biscuit/cream/vanilla/custard in the background. Most of them turn out to be mostly the aforementioned sweet flavour (biscuit/cream etc.), with hint of the headline.

Ya i do let the juices steep often times, i have tried different temperatures and wattage. Always the same flavour, sometimes exhaling solely through the nose increase the subtle flavours but not enough. Certainly not worth the runny nose and drenched moustache that would entail if you are enjoying the flavours.

But anyway all rambling aside. Boosted juices are how gourmet liquids should be done. The cream is in the background and the headline flavours are in their rightful place. A lot of companies should aspire to this :P
    Generally I shy away from hyped liquids, but as i said they are great.
    Boosted Wastegate is my favourite around at the moment.

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Boosted Intercooler quite the yummy juice.

Its not actually what I ordered, I ordered Boosted Wastegate. Looked up the flavouring for Intercooler and thought oh jesus, but its a couple of days before christmas. So tried it. And im happy.

Its apple, cranberry and cream. Its actually really, very nice. It gets a bit sweet over time, but certainly not as bad as I would have expected. Rather like the stuff.
    I say that as someone who has become totally disillusioned with "gourmet juices" in the last year or so. I find most of those juices are all variations of the same flavour. All very boring and overpriced. But the my biggest problem with them is they mostly state that they are some enticing fruit flavours, with a hint of Biscuit/cream/vanilla/custard in the background. Most of them turn out to be mostly the aforementioned sweet flavour (biscuit/cream etc.), with hint of the headline.

Ya i do let the juices steep often times, i have tried different temperatures and wattage. Always the same flavour, sometimes exhaling solely through the nose increase the subtle flavours but not enough. Certainly not worth the runny nose and drenched moustache that would entail if you are enjoying the flavours.

But anyway all rambling aside. Boosted juices are how gourmet liquids should be done. The cream is in the background and the headline flavours are in their rightful place. A lot of companies should aspire to this :P
    Generally I shy away from hyped liquids, but as i said they are great.
    Boosted Wastegate is my favourite around at the moment.

If you want a genuinely top class "gourmet" liquid try Breakfast At Teleos The Milk. Its one of best juices out there.

Ive been trying to clone it for the last 6 months but just cant get it to a 100% match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Picked up some 'Natural Cannabis' liquid from Victors shop in Limerick the other day. Was very novel and surprisingly nice. The taste is really interesting. It seems its been steeped in actual plants, herms presumably. From Holland, of course.

Would definitely be handy if you were jonesing for a smoke or if youre giving it up.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Picked up some 'Natural Cannabis' liquid from Victors shop in Limerick the other day. Was very novel and surprisingly nice. The taste is really interesting. It seems its been steeped in actual plants, herms presumably. From Holland, of course.

Would definitely be handy if you were jonesing for a smoke or if youre giving it up.

You need some pizza flavour juice to go with that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

Havnt been on here in ages. Just thought i would drop in a nd throw up a review of a couple of nice liquid's i picked up.

1st on by XBUD - pink dragon ... Really like this one, the website says- red fruits, black grapes aniseed and eucalyptus. This is really fresh and smooth at the same time. Theres a strong menthol flavour off it and for me the other dominant flavour tastes like blackberry and then a hint of aniseed. It reminds me very much of halls losengers. Really nice vape though

2nd one by xbud also - mexico .... This one was supposed to be apple and cinnamon... It def tastes of apple anyway... A very artificial apple, with something elsethat i can put my finger on. Interesting one but not an all day'er for me anyway. Tastes to me like green micky finns or apple drop sweets.

3rd one la baronne i think the maker is vape importers not sure and cant find much info on the bottle or on line . the guy in the shop (viva vape, carlow) said it was a strawberry shortcake or something of the like. It tastes like it too. This is a really nice one. Not sickening a some strawberry and pastery flavours can be. This is my go to vape at the min to go with the cup of tea or coffee.

First too were bought in vapeaways in portarlington, co laois. And were 12ml bottle s i think and cost 9euro

The 3rd was a 20ml bottle and was pricey enough at 18euro if i remember right

All 3 liquids are 6mg nic and not sure on the vg pg ratios although i dont think any of them were over 70vg

I vaped each on a regulated mod at between 25 - 30 watts

The first two on my innoken disrupter in a sub ohm tank which i cant remember the name of its made by eleaf and it was at 0.5ohms

And the la barrone i vaped 0.5 ohms in a kanger mini subtank on the mini subox device at 25 watts

Just got 100% VG Hangsen menthol, stuck a bit into the subbox and WOW!

So smooth :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Just got 100% VG Hangsen menthol, stuck a bit into the subbox and WOW!

So smooth :)

Where did you buy it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

glued wrote: »

Probably here:

http://www.vapefreaks.com/Menthol_VG/p2486621_13586554.aspx

Less than 15 euro for 100ml. I used to exclusively vape this before I got in to DIY. If you find a flavour you like you're laughing. Just note the instructions on that page because they come in a bottle with no tip for filling.

glued wrote: »

BargainVapour sir, great bunch of folks!

http://www.bargainvapour.com/HS_Menthol_VG_100ml/p1274299_13175338.aspx

To be honest I thought it would rip the throat out of me (Mouth to lung) but it is so smooth. Will definitely be stocking up on it before these laws come into effect :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

Space jam - galactica

Supposed to be strawberry and champaign. Its a strange one this one. I thought it was rotten last night, tried it on a dripper with a .31 duel kanthal build, fresh battery in the mech. The flavour was strong but not that pleasent. Bit perfumy and got a weird nutty taste off it. Its slowly growing on me today though. Filled up an i sub last night and just let it soak and its s bit smoother out of the tank. Vapeing it at 25 watts off an innoken disrupter. Its 6m nic and i dont know the vg pg ratio but im guessing its a bit higher in pg than i would like it to be. All in all its growing on me , not a bad flavour but its definitly a very artificial strawberry, not fresh at all. I dont get what champaign "should" vape like? Its a weird one for me. Theres something else in there too though like a pastry or nuts. Might let the second half of the bottle steep after today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

DIY Strawberry Milkshape from Vampirevape,lovely creamy flavour after steeping for about a week.

This could be old news as I haven't bought a bottle of juice in ages but I saw on the Kix website a juice called Teleos The Milk 2,has anyone tried it and is it as good as the original?

Dr Bill wrote: »
    This could be old news as I haven't bought a bottle of juice in ages but I saw on the Kix website a juice called Teleos The Milk 2,has anyone tried it and is it as good as the original?

Its meant to be v good, havent tried it yet but its getting rave reviews. Im not the biggest fan of cinnamon though as it tends to overpower everything else.

Trond wrote: »
    Its meant to be v good, havent tried it yet but its getting rave reviews. Im not the biggest fan of cinnamon though as it tends to overpower everything else.

Next time I'm in their shop I'll pick up a bottle and let you know what it's like.

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Next time I'm in their shop I'll pick up a bottle and let you know what it's like.

Good stuff.

Im still convinced theres a tiny bit of cinnamon in the original milk. Im due another attempt at the clone. Think I'll reduce the brown sugar and or replace it completely with marshmallow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Well I had a bit of time off over christmas and vaped a load of free vapefest liquids, and a couple of other purchased ones.
    The highlights for me:
    Craft Vapery - It's Toast.
    I bought this lush liquid at fest and saved it for the hols.
    Its amazing IMO, frighteningly accurate granary toast and strawberry/rasberry jam.
    You can even taste the little burnt bits. I'd be happy to try their other two flavours, which I didn't bother doing at Fest, so taken was I by 'It's Toast'.

NKTR - Mango
    Holy God Ted! Its mouthwatering Mango, pure and clean tasting.
    Given to me by a big friendly American dude at Fest, John I think was his name.
    They say its an artifical nic in it, so where does that leave the TPD?
    If its not derived from tobacco, or contains tobacco or anything tobacco-ey, how can this liquid be covered by their money grabbing regs?
    I digress though, this liquid is just gorgeous. I'd try their other flavours.

There were loads of other 'nice' juices too, Republic of Vape's new dripping range (the one I've tried so far anyway) is a real step forward for the company, lovely stuff. A few American and UK juices too, the take home is I didn't have any horrible juices, nothing you'd gag on and say never again.

Advertisement