Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

dw2016 wrote: »
    Have heard the fuzzy burgers are a excellent wedding band to get your guests out dancing!
    Has anyone any experience or opinions of them?
    Thanks in advance

There a class band, lots of them, in white coats and banging out pretty much everything. Never heard a bad report on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dw2016

Thanks unclebill,
    Our other choice is a few good men!any experience of them?
    Its difficult to choose.

Thanks unclebill,
    Our other choice is a few good men!any experience of them?
    Its difficult to choose.

no help at all with them, I've not seen them but have heard of them. I would have considered them to be very different. Try get along to a show if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dw2016

Yeah theyre different alright but good too! They are more of a wedding type band!
    I like the sound of the fuzzy burgers with the banjo and accordian, its a little bit different but was just wondering do they play stuff like uptown funk, happy by pharrell williams or other pop/rock songs like that?
    Thanks again for the help

Yeah theyre different alright but good too! They are more of a wedding type band!
    I like the sound of the fuzzy burgers with the banjo and accordian, its a little bit different but was just wondering do they play stuff like uptown funk, happy by pharrell williams or other pop/rock songs like that?
    Thanks again for the help

TBH your best given both a call and asking them. I only know of the FB cause there Cavan based which is where my band are. I'm sure they will answer all your questions and tell you when and where you can see them live if you need too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Just throwing in a recommendation for Phoenix. They are a 5 piece band in Cork, with a female vocalist. Have a look at their facebook page. I just had them at my 50th and they were awesome. Nothing was a problem and they rocked the joint. Very reasonable as well.

Have a look at their gig guide as they play a lot of pubs etc., so you can preview them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

hey all

looking for advise looking for a band that play a bit more traditional stuff with maybe banjo fiddle and accordion but can also play a bit more popular stuff as well any tips would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

hey all

looking for advise looking for a band that play a bit more traditional stuff with maybe banjo fiddle and accordion but can also play a bit more popular stuff as well any tips would be great

A band called Acoustra would fit the bill there!!http://www.acoustramusic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

Looking for vocals and guitar or ukulele act for civl ceremony in wicklow for 25th June 2016. Please PM if you're available!! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 deisebob

Hi looking for a wedding band that plays a good mix of music that's availible 10th of September 2016 in Mayo . Have tried loads and not available pm's welcome ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 reddy_873

Hi, we're looking for a great band that's available 24th September 2016 in Horetown House, Co. Wexford.

A good mix needed - the classics for the early part of the night for the older crowd but then preferably lots of soul, alternative and indie stuff later on.

Any recommendations or PMs welcome. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭nutts_77

Hi all. We have just booked our wedding for Paddy's Day, this year...... So less than 9 weeks to organise. Would be grateful for any info on a band. Reception is in Castlebellingham, Co Louth. Wedding approx 60 people, and 99% in their 30's.
    Am thinking of Ceremony, and Reception singer. Then a 2 piece for after the grub.

Any pm's would be greatly appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Hi lads, looking for a dj after the band. Getting married this August in Tanksardstown. Pretty much after the standard wedding dj, someone who play something for everybody and get the crowd up and dancing. PM's welcome.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Hi

Getting married in November in Clare (Limerick side). We have a DJ and I'm just looking for a band, our budget is on the lower side and I am aware this means less people. I'm thinking maybe a 2 piece. The main thing is that they get people up dancing.

Anyone interested please PM.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tibor_imo

Hi,

Anyone have any opinions on any of the below or have similar recommendations? Looking for soul/funk stuff - nothing cheesy/poppy!

- Soul Power
    - Santoria
    - Upbeat Generation
    - The Goods
    - Superfly

Thanks!

Hi,

Anyone have any opinions on any of the below or have similar recommendations? Looking for soul/funk stuff - nothing cheesy/poppy!

- Soul Power
    - Santoria
    - Upbeat Generation
    - The Goods
    - Superfly

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭clint_silver

tibor_imo wrote: »
    Hi,

- Soul Power
    - Santoria
    - Upbeat Generation
    - The Goods
    - Superfly

Thanks!

All quality pro bands, great musicians, wouldnt go wrong with any of them.

Thanks Clint!

Will go try catch a few of them live and see what we think I guess.

Thanks Clint!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Labhaoise

Hi

Looking for a wedding band for Oct 30th in Galway.

Loved the look of Til Death do us Party, but they are booked for that day.

Anyone interested please pm!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

tibor_imo wrote: »
    Thanks Clint!

Higherground also play soul/funk afaik, worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Anyone ever hear the Madison's play or been at a wedding they played at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maisy512

Has anyone seen The Jabronis live? Particularly at a wedding? They are from Cork and seem to play regularly in The Old Oak. We are living in Dublin and they seem to mainly have Sunday night gigs in The Old Oak so we haven't been able to see them yet.

Anyone ever hear the Madison's play or been at a wedding they played at?

Yes and yes, an absolutely top live band with a varied set list, I've seen them fill dance-floors a few times.

Higherground also play soul/funk afaik, worth looking into.

Thanks for the headsup!

Went ahead with booking Soul Purpose on the basis of their showcase and a friends recommendation (along with the boards seal of approval).

They were comparably very good value, nice guys and most importantly great tunes. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

stankratz wrote: »
    Yes and yes, an absolutely top live band with a varied set list, I've seen them fill dance-floors a few times.

That's great to know thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glen25

Anyone been to a wedding with The Weightless Astronauts from Galway or a Mayo band called Wavelength? Decision time here & looking for a bit of feedback!

Cheers.

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Looking for a band in Clare for 12th November this year. Just looking for the usual wedding stuff that gets people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gomango

Looking for a band for a wedding on 19th august 2016 in north Dublin.

Usual eclectic mix, wagonwheel is a must to keep the mammy happy!

Pms please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lillybee12

Hey Guys,
    Has anyone seen The Buachaills play? I'm looking for something in the Irish style with some country and a few up to date songs thrown in .
    Cheers Lil

Advertisement