Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What gifts did you receive?

• 05-01-2016 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

I said I would post about the above I haven't seen anyone mention

I will start
    Goodies in my sock from himself my mam and godmother A Giant Jelly Baby, Haribo jellies, more Jellies, refresher sweets, drumstick lollies Adele album, Justin Bieber album (dare I say it)
    Folli Follie earrings, Money, Yankee Candle
    Other gifts from family&friends
    Dressing Gowan, Slippers, Anyu Christmas tree ornament
    Christmas snow globe, Tipperary Crystal Christmas decoration
    Yankee Christmas cookie candle
    Yankee candle set of 3
    Clutch bag, necklace
    Real techniques make up brushes, Tanning gift set
    Faux fur stole
    Irish made candle Oliva Rose (check them out if you want to shop local they may even have a Sale on now)
    Chocolates, more Chocolates
    Baileys, Wine, Wine, Christmas teddy
    Money
    One for all voucher

Look forward to reading everyone's posts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I know what in advance what I'm getting every year as Mr glitzgirl asks for a list of things I'd like and he chose from that. He claims it's because he doesn't do girly shopping lol :)

Here everyone gets a small stocking with sweets and of course a bottle of coke or mineral. Mine had my usual favourites a galaxy selection box, a dairy milk santa , after 8s, forrero Roche, and jelly tots :D

The kids get a santa sack with their stocking fillers from santa but Mr glitz and I don't do this with each other as our gifts are a little bit more costly so they just go under the tree.

From Mr glitz I got;
    A michael kors watch
    Pair of uggs
    A make up master lesson class voucher
    Voucher for hairdressers
    Pennys voucher
    Voucher for make up
    Perfume

From kids I got ;
    some dvds I had wanted and my eldest picked me up a my little pony toy "because it was pink and a pony and a girls toy " and daddy wouldnt let him get a real pony ! bless him ha :D

From Mother In Law she got me a shawl ( the woman hates me :mad: ) and it wasnt even pink :( !

From sister ;
    Funny cup and wine glass set which i loved. Can't post details due to inappropriateness lol

From my mam I got ;
    A new phone cover
    An at home pampering /facial set
    One for all voucher and
    A guess bag
    And most importantly my christmas pjs and slipper socks.

Sounds like a lot but myself and mr glitz don't get each other anything through the year and wouldn't buy anything if it meant putting us under financial pressure. We shop through the year so it does build up a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭gidget

Just got a few gifts from family

From Mam, a top
    From dad, a necklace
    From brother, got some of those adult colouring books with colours which i requested in advance as he always asks me if there's anything i'd like
    From my nana, 20 euro in a card.
    From friends mam a scarf & book.

gidget wrote: »
    Just got a few gifts from family

From Mam, a top
    From dad, a necklace
    From brother, got some of those adult colouring books with colours which i requested in advance as he always asks me if there's anything i'd like
    From my nana, 20 euro in a card.
    From friends mam a scarf & book.

Hi gidget did you enjoy the colouring book ? They sound amazing. I'm thinking of asking Mr glitz for my birthday (he doesn't do subtle hints ) id say you'd get hours of fun with it ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This is what I got in total:

Stocking:

Phone cover
    Lip Gloss
    Make up brushes
    Nivea set
    Earrings
    CD

Other presents:

2 pairs of boots
    A top
    2 selection boxes
    €220
    3 perfume sets
    Jewellery sets
    Sketchers
    Bressie's book
    Gloves
    A new tattoo
    Adult colouring book
    Bag
    Cape

I think that is it all, spoiled as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

jo malone perfume and a pair of slippers.
    slippers are great, always use them. the perfume was a lovely surprise:) normally never have any as can't justify cost:(

• Advertisement

The only thing that jumped out at me there was a new tattoo kitten k !? :eek: it's one of those things I say I'd like maybe then change my mind and chicken out lol. Good luck with it ! :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got lots of bits and bobs like nail polishes and make-up and books.

My main present was a new GHD and I also got a voucher for the hairdressers I go to. Hair related presents are the best! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭gidget

Hi gidget did you enjoy the colouring book ? They sound amazing. I'm thinking of asking Mr glitz for my birthday (he doesn't do subtle hints ) id say you'd get hours of fun with it !

Yes very much so, as a matter of fact my mam has started to hijack one of them as she started to get addicted to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Himself got me a gorgeous necklace. We said we wouldn't get each other gifts this time as we didn't need anything but it's so pretty!
    Little Sunny Dayz got me a pair of fluffy pj's with penguins on them, so comfy and so me!
    My parents got us a big lantern thing with a candle in it, absolutely love it!
    His parents got us a newbridge decoration for the tree and a fancy candle, we have a few newbridge decorations now so are starting to build up a little collection so very much appreciated!
    Bro got me a next voucher, will be treating myself.
    Sis got me benefit and lush gift sets, deadly cos you can't get stuff like that around here!
    Granny got me Ferrero rocher sweets, which are super yummy!
    The boss (or rather his wife) got me a set of mugs and a chocolate biscuit cake pudding! Yum!
    One of my friends gave me a lovely tea light holder, I was surprised cos I got her nothing and my friends we normally don't get each other presents but then she pointed out I got her a Christmas gift last year for her new house and she never got us anything for when we bought ours the year before that so now apparently we are all even now!!
    We don't really do gifts with anyone else. My husband's got a large family so each just buys for their godchild.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    The only thing that jumped out at me there was a new tattoo kitten k !? :eek: it's one of those things I say I'd like maybe then change my mind and chicken out lol. Good luck with it ! :eek:

It's my 4th one now Glitzgirl so I knew what to expect.

372455.png

• Advertisement

Fair play kitten k looks lovely ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I got lots of lovely things- but tbh my favourite was getting to host my family for a dinner in my newly renovated house just after Christmas. :D

However, to be purely materialistic, my GF got me a bottle of Tom Ford Grey Vetiver perfume (I now smell amazing, FYI) and the mint green vinyl version of my favourite album, Pale Green Ghosts by John Grant, even though she can't stand his music. :)

Advertisement